Chapter 83

Joe POV
I couldn't think straight even after tearing up the master bedroom. I got in the car and began to drive on the road. Thoughts of how and what gave her the idea to leave me. She wasn't allowed out. She only was able to speak with me. It wasn't my mother nor my father they say.

Luna. Slight bulge vein appeared on my head and I hit the gas. I'm gonna kill her. She had to have given my Erika the thought of leaving me. I got to Marcus high rise apartment leading up the elevator. I went straight down the hallway not waiting for them to answer. I kicked the door in to see a shocked Luna near the couch.

"What the HELL" she yelled. I stalked in looking at the suitcase beside her. "What you thought you were gonna leave? You put those stupid thoughts in her head and she actually did it. TELL ME WHERE SHE IS" I yelled.

"Who" she asked acting choi. I grabbed her by her throat lifting her feet off the ground. "Since we were kids you lead her away from me. Bitch? I'm done. No,I'm tired of it. You shouldn't have said a damn thing. Erika's gonna be worse then she was before when I get my hands on her" I screamed.

I heard a click and side glanced. "Put her down" Marcus ordered holding a gun to my head. I could feel the cold metal against my temple. I clicked my teeth looking back at Luna who scratched at my arm. "So, you're gonna kill me? I guess you have some balls now. You're gonna call the shots. Take over the business. You barely can kill now. You won't kill me" I smiled.

Marcus raised the gun in the air and I let go of Luna. I tackled Marcus to the ground making us both fall to the ground. The gun slipped out his hand sliding away from us. I sat upon him punching him repeatedly as Luna gasped for air. I felt a sharp weighted object come in contact with my head. I fell off of Marcus and held the back of my head on the floor.

I could see Luna helping Marcus up. He leaned against Luna and they both looked at me. "She doesn't know where Erika is. But really Joe. You did everything to drive her away. Don't take it out on the people she loves because she left you. Don't contact me or come looking for us" Marcus spat. My eyes became blurry and I closed them.

Luna POV
We got out of the taxi and Marcus fixed his hat to his face. We went inside the airport and Marcus told me where to go. We got on the plane not going through any check points. We sat in our seats and Marcus took off his cap. My face scrunched up in pain. "Your face" I said holding the side of his swollen cheek.

"It's okay" he smiled still in pain laying his hand over mine. I moved my hand laying my head on his shoulder. We interlocked hands and sighed. "Where are we going" I asked. "Somewhere we don't have to worry about any of the mafia families" Marcus explained.

Joe POV
I opened my eyes to see my bedroom chandelier. I sat up Ryan sitting next to me. "Ah. You're awake. Have a bit of a headache dont ya". "Yea" I said scratching my head. "You shouldn't have went after Marcus and his girl" Ryan said in a low tone. Thinking back to everything Marcus said my fist began to bawl.

"Where are they"? "They're gone. They got on a plane however we don't know the flight destination". I stayed silent while Ryan stood up. "It's time for you to stop worrying about Erika. We will keep looking but this is what you've been waiting for. To be Don. This is your duty and you're the one that needs to get work".

I looked at the ceiling hearing the door closed. My eyes glazed and a single tear went down my cheek. I wiped it away and looked at the nightstand beside me. It was five o clock. I stood up muscling off the headache. I changed and opened my door. Slowly I walked down the hallway and went downstairs.

Ryan noticed me and stop speaking turing to the staircase where I stood. One by one my men bowed to me on one knee. They showed their respect ready for me to lead them. I needed to rebuild and make this family a fortress. No one out of line. So, when I find my wife and child. They won't be able to do anything without me knowing.

I let them rise and they all look to me. Waiting for my order. I wouldn't share another tear although my heart ached. I longed for the future I dreamed about and I would have it.
"Let's get work" I said with a dark smile.

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!