Chapter 8

Two days later
I ran to the door opening to see a mail man with a medium size box in his hand. I grabbed it from him while Joe signed for the package. I sat the box on the counter top. Joe walked up behind me. I opened the package to see my gift to Nini. It was a Jasmine tea set with a package of jasmine tea leaves.

I squealed while Joe grabbed the tea set looking at it intensely. "You think Nini will like it" I asked. Joe looked at the tea set and then at me. "I think she will love it. Now you have two hours and then we're leaving" Joe said. "You think I have time for a nap" I questioned while smiling. He looked at me sarcastically. "Okay, Okay. I will get ready now" I said holding my hands surrendering.

I hoped in the shower using my vanilla soft soap. I got out wrapping my body with my soft gray towel and moisturized.After that I looked in the mirror looking at my coliy hair. I combed it out trying to get out the knots. Once i was able to brush smoothly through my hair I began braiding. I braided my hair half way and then finger curled the rest. My curls puffed out ending at my butt.

Once I was done with my hair. I did my make up. I had a natural eye shadow matching my white/pink loosely knee length dress. I put on some matching wedge heels. I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my sling bag, gift box and opened the door to see a scowling Joe. He's scowled turned into shock once he notice my outfit. "Erica, you look beautiful" Joe said breathlessly."Thx. You don't look to bad yourself" I winked playfully.

We walked out heading to the parking lot. We got into Joe's Bentley Mulsanne. Then, headed off. An hour of driving we were finally there. We pulled off the highway to a gravel road. We kept driving until came in contact at a gate with a Big L. There were guards standing at the gate and inside the gate. Once the guard looked at Joe he quickly opened the gate nervously. I remember the first time I saw these gates.

Flashback
I was nine years old in my parents car. I was in the back seat with Taylor and Tyler arguing. I put my head and fingers against the window looking away from them. On both sides of the car was a wide vast of forest. We were driving until we came to a stop. I saw a tall men looking all around our car . When one came in front of my window I shrunk down into my seat. That was the day my fear started with the guards of the Lombardi family.

Flashback Over
We went through the gates to a huge three story castle like house. Joe's family house had a circular drive way which we parked. A guard named Jason opened my door. I got out hugging him while Joe walked over to us.

"Hey Erika haven't seen you in a while. I heard about your accident. Sorry I couldn't visit you" Jason said. "You're good Jason I'm feeling much better . And I know that this idiot probably didn't let you take off to come see me when I was in the hospital " I said. "You know me so well" Joe said smoothly.
Joe bro hugged Jason then handed him the keys to move the car. I waved goodbye to Jason then Joe and I walked inside.

The house looked the same. There was two dark brown stair cases, with a dark medieval chandelier. There were at least twenty rooms in  this the house. I had been in love with this place since I was teenager. Nini had come walking out with a maid talking until she saw me. She powered walk over to me in a sparkly black tight fitted dress.

"Erica my sweet heart" she cheered.
"Nini my hot aunt you look amazing as always" I gasped. Nini gave me a bone crushing hug. Nini was fourty seven years old but other than her gray strands in her hair she didn't look a day over twenty six . She had the body of J-Low. After, Nini hugged me she linked arms with me leading me to the parlor. Nini looked at me pouting.

"I haven't seen you ever since your accident. I talk to your mom and she told me you had been recovering. I miss my little, fiore."
My heart swelled. Nini came up with the nickname "fiore" meaning flower because I had been obsessed with their garden when I was younger.

"I'm sorry. I promise from now on I will come by often. Oh also." I unhooked my arm from Nini's bringing the gift box from behind me. I handed it to Nini and her face lighted up. We walked to the couch. Joe sat on the other side looking at me and his mom. We all looked up at the door way."Mr. Lombardi" the maid said.

***************************
How do you feel about Nini and Erika relationship? Please like and comment.