Chapter 10

Joe POV
"Dad hurry. What do you want. I don't want to leave Erika for too long" I said sternly. My brother lifted his eyebrow and smirked at me."Oh, you still have your little crush on Erika." "Shut up Marcus". "Both of you stop it. Get in here so we can talk" my father said.

We all walked into my dad's study and one of the guards closed the door. "So what is it," Marcus asked."One of the guards told me that the Loreno family wants to have a meeting with us." "And why father would we want that" Marcus questioned sitting in the chair in front of father's desk. You've already tried making deals with them before" I asked.

"Their family is corrupt and vile. Why don't you just give me a couple of our men and I will kill their family. It would send a message to the rest of the families to stay in line" my brother said.

"We will not result to violence. That shouldn't be our first instinct" my father said.
"Marcus is right we should just kill them now instead of trying to do business with them."
"I will not have a war. Marcus get some of the guards and sketch out a plan for protection at the meeting."

Marcus walked out of the room. "Now you. You know I want you to relive my position when I step down but the decisions you're making have me thinking otherwise." "I think it's better putting them in their place instead of trying to be equals to a family who sell women."

"I understand that son but we have to think with our heads and not our hearts. We could add in that they stop selling women in the deal at our meeting." "Fine, father. Can I go now" I asked.My father looked at me while he leaned against his brown wooden desk.

"You know what I meant about thinking with your head and not our heart" my dad said.
"Oh not this shit again. I said no."
"You need to get a wife. I'm ready to step down soon so me and your mother can vacation. Your mother and I have tried setting you up on dates in the past and you've dismissed them. You need to forget about being with Erika and step up to your Don position ."

"Fuck no. Why would I want some money whore. Who family only wants me for my name? "Stop talking about Erika. I can take the Don position without a wife" I said. My father folded his arms. "I love Erika and that's why I'm saying this. You need to stop your fantasy with being with Erika. Do you think Erika would even want to be apart of a life like this?You kill people, torture them. She could get hurt son being with you. Do you really want to put her in danger again?"

I balled up my fist and my mouth twitched.
"I can protect her and I told you don't ever bring up that night again. She will be fine and she will never know about this life. You act like mom was perfectly fine with being with you. You abducted her and she finally got used to you."

My father face twisted in anger. "Shut up boy you know nothing of your mother and I relationship. And at least she eventually wanted to be with me. Erika doesn't love you in the way you want her too, son. So, starting next week you will be finding a wife or you can FORGET THE DON POSITION" my father yelled.

I glared at my dad and walked out of the room slamming the door. There were guards posted up beside the room. I walked back into the parlor room to see Erika and my mother still sitting and chatting. "It's time to go," I said gruffly. Erika and my mother stood up. I grabbed Erika hand and we headed for the door with my mother power walking behind us.

"Wait, Joe I wanted to say goodbye to everyone" Erika whispered. "Joseph slow down" My mother said. Erika stopped at the door. "Since Joe is ready to go. I guess I will be leaving. It was nice seeing you Nini. I will come back by myself next time since Joe is being so rude" Erika said.

Erika hugged my mother than we left. I reved on the gas making the car increase speed. My mind kept replaying what my father had said.
Until I heard Erika scream."STOP THE CAR" she yelled.I stomped on the breaks making the car stop but jerk forward.

"What's wrong" I asked in a worried tone looking over Erika. "Why in the world are you driving so fast and what's got you so upset. I didn't get to say goodbye to Marcus or Uncle Jhon." "I'm sorry. My father I got into a small disagreement. I'm just frustrated." "Well calm down. Frustrated or not I don't want us getting into an accident cause you're driving all crazy."
I nodded my head and started driving at a slower pace.

Erika POV
We had finally got back home. I went straight to my room to sleep. Right when I had got into bed after showering and changing a notification appeared on my phone.

"Hey it's me Marcus. I got your number from my brother. Here this is where we will be leaving from. Tell your friends to pack swim clothes".
I typed and sent " I'm so excited.

I put my phone back on the night stand and fell asleep.
***************************
Let's see how the trip will go! Please like and comment.