Chapter 51

Erika POV
"PLEASE. PLEASE" I gripped the black metal bars. "OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR JOE" I screamed. I continued yelling eventually kneeling on the floor sobbing. The voices had begun to speak. "Erika" they called out in whispered tones making me shiver. I cowered in the corner holding myself. I couldn't see anything in front of me. I closed my eyes trying to stop the voices from creeping in.

When I was three I had started hearing voices. Sometimes there would be screaming and there was whispering. I couldn't talk which worried my parents. After going to a lot of therapy the voices disappeared but would come back if I was in the dark. Ever since then I would never sleep or be in a pitch-black room.Joe knows this and he would always prevent me from being in an any dark place.

Flashback Age 7
"Erica" Joe questioned opening my door. I could hear his footsteps coming closer to where I was. Joe's eyes landed on me sitting on the floor near the nightstand. I had been sobbing waking up being surrounded by darkness. I held my knees close to my stomach rocking myself back and forth.

Joe fell to the ground in worry. "What's wrong"? "I'm scared". "Of the dark," he said sitting next to me. "I shook my head several times. Joe stood up but I grabbed his hand. "Don't leave me". Joe smiled down at me. "BUTLER" he yelled gripping my hand securely.

The butler rushed in looking confused until Joe appeared from the other side of the bed. "Get me some star lights and plug in lights. Anything that can be used as a bright light" he ordered.

The butler scurried trying to obey the order he was asked. Joe sat down in front of me wiping my tears. "He's going to think I'm a baby" I stuttered. "No, he won't" Joe argued. "Do you sleep with a night light?" I asked looking through my eyelashes. "No," Joe said sharply.
I looked down at my hand feeling ashamed. Joe sighed nudging my chin up with his fingertips. "Why don't we tell the butler the lights are for me" Joe smiled. I giggled "yea".

Ever since then, Joe made sure I never left in the dark.

Flashback ended

Now he's left me in a dark room with the voices.

Joe POV
I looked at the video feed from my phone. Erika screamed for me to come to get her. Although I wanted to take her out of that dirty cell. I knew I couldn't spoil her just yet until her act was together. I put up my phone in my pocket coming downstairs to see Marcus talking with Jason.

They stop talking once they notice me. "Brother" Marcus smiled. Jason walked away as I came towards Marcus. "What are you going here," I asked. "Can't I just come to see my little, brother" Marcus laughed scratching his nape. My face twitched making Marcus stop smiling. "Luna is worried. She hasn't been able to find Tara. Plus one of her coworkers said her stuff was moved out of Will's apartment.

Anger rolled off of me hearing that fucking cunts name. "Don't mention that name to me. Erika is fine" I stated walking into the living room."How do you know she's fine," Marcus asked standing in my way. "I just know" I gritted getting  annoyed as he his integration. "Shouldn't you be going to the club?" I said looking at my watch.

Marcus POV
After, hearing Jason explain the situation . I didn't know how I would explain things to Luna. There was no stopping Joseph. I took one final look at the house and drove away. Poor Erika.

Erika POV
I had revived four meals. I couldn't tell how many days had pass but judging from my hunger pains. It had to be three days. The cot I laid on gave me no warmth. The light blanket was wrapped tightly around my body. My lips shivered and every inch of my body felt numb.

I closed my eyes smiling cause I could dream where the evil monster would leave me in peace.

Joe POV
It has been three days. The first day I fed Erika I though she was going to submit. By the third day I was baffled. I have broken men who have went through worse but Erika hadn't asked for me. Looking at my phone I saw Erika laying on her cot. I widen the video to get a closer look. I could see a blue color on the tint of her lips. She looked like she was in pain but I knew I couldn't help her.

A knock came to my office door I yelled coke in. Jason came in with a clippings of paper. He handed me the report and stood by the door."That will be all" I ordered. "Joe, could I least see Erika" he pleaded. "Remember what I told you," I asked leaning against my desk with my hands propped.

Jason nodded with his hands clenched to his sides. He left the room leaving me alone to think. "Maybe I should go see her in person". I headed towards the basement using my key to unlock the door. The hairs on my neck stood at the freezing chill in the room.

"Erika" I questioned.