Chapter 52

Erika POV
"Erika" I heard a deep rustic voice call out. My body scrambled up looking behind the metal bars. I heard the key jingle while opening the lock. The door creaked opened as I watch Joe walk in. He was dressed in a blue suit that showed off his toned arms with an orange tie.
His brown shoes shined on the bow brightened room.

His hair was gelled back but I could still see the escaped hair that wanted to be free. Joe sat down in the metal chair near the other side of the bars. I covered my body in my blanket staring up at the ceiling now ignoring him.

"So, you're just not going to talk to me" Joe stared heavily at me. I scoffed trying to hide my teeth chattering "What would you like me to say? You kept me in here with no lights. You know how... I get. I feel like I'm going crazy" I said gripping my hair.

"All you have to do is accept the inevitable," he said gently. "WHAT! That you love me" I cried out. "You made me go back to a place that... took me so long... Long time to recover from" I whispered. Joe eyes showed guilt but quickly went stoned. "You love me but you force me to have sex with you. You kill the only two men I've ever loved. You can have my body BUT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE MY HEART.  I will never love you because I hate you so much the same way I breathe air" I spat.

Joe came over in a fellow swoop. I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. My head had snapped to the side and my eyes began tearing back up. I looked up at Joe who held the darkest expression making my breath hitch.

Joe didn't say anything else locking the cell back up. I moved over to the bars "I'm sorry. Please stay. I...I don't want to hear them. I didn't mean what I said. I can't stay here" I say desperately to Joe. He stopped at the top of the steps glaring at me. "You know how to push my buttons. I shall push yours until you understand fully that you are mine. Body, soul, mind, and heart".

I stop tugging on the bars sliding down and sitting on the hard concrete floor. As the door closed welcoming the darkness I began to hear the whispering again but that wasn't the worst thing. He had slap me. The person who I felt most protected from the whisperings.

Marcus POV
I stood outside of the club waiting on the valet. I took a drag of my cigarette looking at a group of girls heading my way. "He's hot," one of them said. I watched the valet drive up my black Ashton Martin. "Go talk to him" another girl egged her on. I threw the cigarette to the ground and step on it. The spark on the cigarette burnt out and the smoke released from the cig.

I walked over getting into my car. A woman came over leaning against the driver's door. "Hi, handsome. Mind if I get your number" she purred. I chuckled glancing at her as she blushed meeting my gaze. "Get. the hell away. from my car" I growled. The woman jumped at the tone in my voice. I hit the gas and throttled away. "Asshole" the woman yelled.

I drove finally making it to the house. I stood at the door feeling on my neck. Just lie. I put my keys in the door and walked in. The lights were on when I came around the corner. There stood Luna with her arms folded looking at me.

"Baby" I laughed nervously as I walked in coming close to her. "What did Joseph say about Erika"? "She and Will went on a trip. Some place where phones aren't usually available to answer calls". "I'm being serious Marcus" she stated. I ruffly gripped my hair sighing.

"Fine," I said taking Luna's hand and sitting her on the couch. "Joe has always been in love with Erika as you know. And um... He's taken Erika" I mumbled looking away. I looked back at Luna to see her hand placed over her mouth and eyes were wide. I tried holding her but she stood up.

"YOU. WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S TAKEN HER" she yelled. I stood up holding my hands out waving her to calm down. "He took her from Paris. She's at the estate" I explained. "I'm going," she said grabbing her keys from the bar. She held her hand on the door but I stop her. I pushed the door close and Luna turned to face me.

"You can't. He has her locked up in his room. I can't get to her. He will kill you and me if we try. I am trying to fix this so please. Just. Wait" I pleased holding Luna's hand. She was crying holding back her anger. Her teeth gritted and she looked away from me. When she looked back she wiped the tears from her face.

"I want you gone. Until you get Erika back" she explained. She walked away sparing me no glance. "Luna please," I said as she walked towards our bedroom door. She stopped walking and turned back around.

"She's in love with Will so tell me how she must be feeling being taken by your psychotic brother. How do you think I feel" she wept. I slowly started walking towards her. "I...I always knew he liked her. That he was crazy about her but not to this point. I could have prevented this. Erika does not use violence. She's all alone in a house full of mafia members" she sobbed. I grasped her waist pulling her into me. She began to crumble into me making me hold her tighter. I held her as I listened to her rattled sobs.

"I will fix this" I whispered into Luna's ear.