Chapter 2

Erika POV
"Hey, Erica."
"What are you doing here?"
Joe walked over to the empty seat next to me while the rest of my family continued eating.
"Your mom invited me to the brunch. I was bored waiting for you to come back home so I decided to come."

"Really Mom" I groaned.
I looked nervously as she began to speak.
"What honey he's my best friend son so he's like a son to me I can't invite him over. He sounded like he was hungry."
"Hmh I guess. I just wish you would have told me."

We all kept talking and the food was delicious. We had grits, crosaints, avocado with toast, eggs, and a bunch of other stuff. Also bacon. I love bacon!

We all had finished eating and my father, mother, and Joe went to my dad's study.
Me, Tyler, and Taylor we're all sitting on the couch."So when are gonna get married" Taylor asked."Yea you already have nieces and nephews but I want some" Tyler said.

"First of all, I'm not you or Taylor I don't want to get married this young. Also, I just want to relax. I want to focus on my career. There's a new promotion at my firm and if I get it. I will be moving to Paris for 4 months. So I'm not looking for a relationship." "Come on Erika we just want to see you happy" Tyler pouted.

"I am happy you guys. I don't need a guy nor dick in my life to be happy". "Relax Erika. Tyler is just being stupid. Don't listen to him or me. You know what! Let's go clubbing. We haven't gone in a while and I'm excited to say SUPRISE! I'm opening a new club next week. I want you both to come."

Taylor looked at me with puppy eyes. I looked away then looked back. "Fine but I'm bringing Luna so I won't be third-wheeling on you two with your married couple times."
"Siblings before dicks. We won't leave you" Tyler said. We all laughed. We continued talking and topics of trying to hook me up with somebody kept popping up. Right when Tyler asked me the types of guys I like Joe walked in.

"Erica."
I turned around and saw an irritated expression on Joe's face.
"Let's go".
My mom and dad came walking from the hallway towards us.
"You can go without me I'm gonna stay here a little longer."
I watched as he clenched his jaw.
" No, go with Joe. I'm letting Bertram off early so you're not gonna have a ride back home. I know you have work tomorrow honey."
"I can just have Taylor or Tyler take me home.
"Oh, no can do sis. Tyler and I are going to stay here tonight.
"Oh.okay let's go, Joe" I smiled.

I hugged everyone and as we drove away in Joe's Mercedes I waved goodbye.

Joe and I have been friends since we were five. Our parents were best friends in college. They got out of touch when Joe's parents went overseas. After, a couple of years, they ended up as our neighbors. Ever since then I went to Joe's house and he would come to mine.

"What's wrong with you Joe "I asked.
"Nothing. I'm just tired."
"You shouldn't have come if you're tried."
"I get bored if you're not at home."
"You need to get a girlfriend that way you won't be so bored."

He looked at me then back at the road. We arrived back home and I went straight to the couch using the remote to the flat screen tv. I put on a movie and bundled up into my covers. Halfway through the movie, Joe came out of his room and sat down beside me on the couch.
"What are you watching?"
"The office" I said.
"Uh how can you watch this. It's boring."
"Shh. You only watch a one random episode.You know what you're gonna watch from the first episode."
"No"
"Yes."
"No"
"Yes."
"Fine but give me some cover" he added.
I put on the show and we both got comfortable. I cuddled while sitting beside him. He was warm and it felt comfortable. As we continued watching the show my eyes started to close. I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead and I drifted off to sleep.
I heard a faint whisper of words but I couldn't understand it.

***********************
What do think she heard? I hope you liked this chapter. Please like and comment.