Chapter 61

Erika POV
After trying on ten different dresses my mother was finally happy with one. Even tho I had chosen dress that I had actually like. I had on a white transparent mermaid wedding dress. It hugged at my chest showing a bit of my cleavage and flowed at my knees.

"You look gorgeous" my brother snapped while smiling. Looking in the mirror the dress showed off my slight curves and outlined my small chest. I looked beautiful but I didn't feel beautiful.

"Perfect" my mother said walking over to one of her workers. "He won't know what hit him" Tyler smirked. "Yea" Luna smiled sadly. Taylor held her hand out to help me get down. As we walk Taylor continues to stare. "Is there something wrong" Taylor asked. I let go of her hand glancing at her. "No, no. Why would you think that" I asked.

"I know you Erika. I'm your sister. You don't seem happy and you were so interested in Will. You've never shown a romantic interest in Joe. So what gives". My head felt like it was in haywire. How would I explain marrying Joe. My out of no where feelings. Feelings enough to Mary him this quickly. "I love him. Will and I just weren't meant to be. Now I'm getting married to Joe. Either you come or don't" I huffed feeling frustrated and anxiety about the situation.

Taylor held both my hands "I'm sorry. I didn't think you really felt this strongly about him. I though maybe he was forcing you. Crazy right" Taylor smiled shaking her head. "Yea" I said. "I wish you all the happiest and happy you will be getting marry to someone you love" Taylor said leaving me to the dressing room. Closing the door I laughed "someone I love, right".

Chris POV
Being father to a child who grew up having voices in her head. Was hard. I always wanted Erika to be safe and protected. So finding out that my daughter and Joe were getting married. Put me in a state of panic.

I watched the Limo drive off and headed back inside. I went into my office sitting down thinking. Does Erika know about the Lombardi family. My soft hearted child must not know. I know Joseph can protect her but I don't want her in that kind of life. It was fine when Amanda wanted Joe to be our son in law but Erika had no interest in that idea. She always said they were friends. Best friends.

John told me he wouldn't allow this marriage. I dialed the phone and heard it rang. "Hello, my friend" John said. "What the hell is going on?Why is my daughter getting married to your son" I asked. "WHAT" John yelled over the phone. "Don't act like you're surprised" I huffed. "I didn't know. You know Nini and I are away on a trip. I will fix this" John explained.

"I will fix this just get your son under control" I said hanging up the phone. I got my keys and headed to the garage. I started my car and drove to the fashion house.

Erika POV
We walked up to limousine however my mother stopped me. "Your father is taking you back to Joseph. He said he needs to speak with you". "What? Why?". "Don't ask me" my mother held her temple. My mother got inside the Limo and Bertram closed the door. "Goodbye Dad" Luna hugged Bertram. "Goodbye sweetly, remember to come to dinner Sunday. Your mother and I have the day off". "Alright" Luna sighed. Bertram drove away leaving Luna and I alone.

"Do you have to go back to him today" Luna asked. I nodded trying to blink away the tears. "I don't understand how he's able to marry you". "What do mean" I turned to Luna. My father drove up getting out the car. "Luna" my father smiled hugging her. "Nice to see you again Mr. Chris". "I will leave you both be" Luna hugged me.

"Stay safe. I will try to get Marcus to bring me to see you"Luna waved walking around the corner to the parking lot. "I thought we could have dinner before I take you to Joseph" my father said opening the door. "Just like when I as younger" I smiled settling into the car.

"Daddy, Daddy. Taylor and Tyler won't let me go with them. I want to go on a date " I cried. "Oh baby" my dad said picking me up. "You're too young to go to an date . How about I take you on date. We can go get ice cream, eat your favorite food and go to the amusement park" my dad held my hand. "I like that" I smiled.

Ever since then every month I would go on a daddy daughter date with my father. My dad drove to one of our favorite spot. "Street tacos" I squealed. We got out walking up to the truck that smelled like deep fried goodness. My father ordered our usual and payed. We walked over to the tables on the side of the truck.

"I haven't had these in a long time" I laughed. "I know. Your mother still hates the smell on my clothes when I come back home" my dad shook his head. "I wanted to talk to you about something" my father said seriously . My back stiffened and I sat up. "Are you sure you haven't rush into getting married to Joseph".
"No...I love him" I said. My heart aches lying to my father. "You never seem interested in Joseph" my father stated.

"Things changed Dad" I nodded my head fiddling with the table. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING" my dad began to shout. A man came over giving us our food and left. I stayed silent "HE's APART OF THE MAFIA" my dad yelled.

**************
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please vote it encourages me to write more.