Chapter 96

Erika POV
A lavish breakfast sat before us. I fiddled with my hands waiting hoping the surprise was my family. "Conrad, stop playing with your food" I quipped. "Sorry, mommy" he looked down with disappointment. "Your ordering is so hot, my love " Joe smirked.

I tensed up looking at my food. Jason
tilting his head "Sir, your surprise guest has arrived". Joe signaled for Jason to let them in. In front of me stood a tan teenage boy. He didn't look to be about fifteen years old.

He looked a bit similar to Joe. Gelled hair with a scar under his left eye. "Miguel" Joe cheered. "Don," he said with a deeper tone than what I pictured. He sat across from me my eyes squinting with confusion. I looked at Joe as he shook his head with disbelief. "Don't tell me you don't remember your nephew" Joe peeved.

I blinked at Miguel in front of me. The little boy that Joe made me leave during our honeymoon. The little boy who was forced to kill and train. "Auntie E, it's great to see you again" he smiled. However, it wasn't that same smile I saw before. It was darker no light in his eyes.

"You wanted him before so I brought him. He's been over our home back there since I killed my grandparents. Although he was alone since he killed his mother" Joe states. I could see the shiver come down Conrad. He had become just what he learned. A killer. "How could you kill your mother" I exclaimed.

The Butler handed Joe his phone. "You all stay and chat. I need to take this call". "Well, Auntie E my mother got even worse after my grandparents died. She poisoned me every day so I could build up a tolerance to different things. I learned from the best martial arts and assassins" Miguel smiled.

"I'm sorry" I struggled out. He waved his hands "Nonesene it's not your fault. I realized that none of the women in this life could ever help
Me. You have no say over your own life so could you do so over mine? I always thought someday you would come get me but I found that you left" he spat.

"Mommy, I'm scared" Conrad whispered. "Shh, it's okay" I look at Conrad. "I had to leave for his sake". "Just like I had to kill my mom for my own sake" he deadpanned. "Now I know you care for little Conrad" he smiled at him. "You will be a loving mother to him and I don't want him to end up like me. Grow up with no love and be soulless.

"You're not soulless Miguel. You were force into this" I explained. "However, I will train him here. Under your watch. He will still have a childhood" Miguel stated. "Thank you," I teared up. "You're crying again, mommy" Conrad frowned. "Your mommy is a whiny baby" Miguel joked.

Conrad's frown was turned upside down. We all laughed making the room feel more comfortable. Until Joe entered making my smile falter and I was back to my stone-cold face. "Don't stop on my account. I'm glad to see my family enjoying themselves" he taunted. Joe sat back down in his chair.

"Did Miguel tell you he will be training our son"? "Yes, Joe" I clenched my teeth. After, lunch I spent some time alone with Conrad.
"Baby, come here," I told Conrad. He sat in my lap with me holding him close to my chest. "You will have to do some things you might not want to soon. But I want you to know I will always love you and you are a good boy." I smiled.

He nodded laying his head on my chest. "I love you mama" Conrad grinned. "I love you too" I cooed. The door opened to Joe with a wide grin. "I have another surprise for my lovely wife". He plopped on the coach handing me an iPad. "You wanted to know about your father and the rest of your family. Well, your father had a heart attack. It is now hard for him to walk. Your mother takes care of him and works from home" he explained.

"And my siblings"? He smirked leaning back in his seat and sighing. "They're fine," he said in a playful tone. A weight was now lifted off my chest knowing they were all okay. I looked at Joe with emotional eyes "Thank you for not hurting them". "I might have gone crazy but I wouldn't have touched them. However I did threaten your father" he smiled.

I gulped in fear " Since you've been good and are settled. Our son should meet his other family" Joe encouraged. "Yes," I leaped at the chance. Holding Conrad, I smiled "You get to meet your pop Pop and Gram Gram". "Really" he gleamed. "Really," I said squishing up his cute little face.

I can finally see my family again.