Chapter 94

Luna POV
It was Friday and the play date was still on. A lot of coaxing with Marcus accepting. I wanted to speak with Erika and Joe wouldn't stop me. I would never let him hurt Annie or Marcus. Which is why he was coming with me.

"Mommy, where are we going" Annie asked. "To meet a friend" I smiled from the front seat. Annie cheered from in her car seat. We had been staying at a hotel so it took two hours to get to the estate. Jason took our car and the new butler escorted us inside. Annie was gasping looking at all the shiny things.

"Don has asked for you to meet him in his office" the butler spoke addressing Marcus. Marcus looked concerned over Annie and me. I held his hand "We will be fine. Go" I whispered. One last glance we followed the butler down the hallway. We turn right, left then right again. Finally, we made it to a double-door room which two maids opened.

Erika was seated on a couch that was in the middle of a living room area. There was another couch in front of her and a table in the middle. On the wall was a flat-screen TV. On the back wall was a bunch of different kids' toys. Erika's child played and I let Annie go over to him while I sat on the couch in front of Erika.

Two guards stood in the room as well as the two maids. Erika looked at me with so much emotion. Her gaze flickered to the four
other people in the room. "You do not have to stay in here. I would like to be left alone" she addressed the guards and maids. One of the guards stepped out of the staff line "Donna, Don said to not leave you alone" he spoke politely. She sighed her shoulders sagging.

She closed her eyes sitting up straight and glaring over the maids and guards. "He also told you to acquire and assist my every need. And right now I want to speak alone with my best friend" she sassed. They all left with one of the guards closing the door. She physically relaxed once they were all gone. She looked at me smiling.

"Hi," she whispered. "Hi" was all I could say. I started tearing up first then her. I got up moving to sit next to her. We hugged not saying a word. After, five minutes we let go. "So...your son. He's beautiful he looks nothing like that psychopath" I smiled. "Thank you" she laughed knowing I was lying. He was a replica of that bastard. "What's his name," I asked looking over at our children. "Conrad". "Annie looks the spitting image of Marcus". "I know. He talks about it every day. However, he calls her mini-me. It seems that she has the same attitude as me" I explained. "Then, you and Marcus gonna be in a world of trouble" she jested.

"So, five years. How did he find you" I whispered. "I still don't know. The only thing I know is that he's changed" She wiped a tear looking away. "He seems more on edge. Crazier". I glance over her noticing the cast boot on her leg. "Did he do this to you"? She nodded "he broke it. My first punishment for leaving him". My eyes widened and I held her hand.

"I'm so sorry" I repeated. She patted my hand "It's not your fault. I learned that no matter what I do. Whether I listen to him or not. He will hurt me. I don't think he will ever trust me again. It's a far dream he would go back to the Joe I stayed within the loft".

"Has he done other things" I shuddered. Erika held up her shirt slightly showing ugly color bruises and old acts. My hands shook as I covered my gasp. "He said he loved you. How could he hurt you like this". Erika didn't cry she just stayed neutral like she couldn't express herself about this topic.

"Let's talk about something different happy thoughts. Tell me about your life in London" Erika smiled. However, it was a sad smile.

Joe POV
"Brother" I rejoiced watching him slowly peel into the office. He glanced at the remodel I had done making into my own. "You changed everything" he uttered. "Everything seems boring. Didn't hold my touch" I explained pouring two glasses of bourbon. Marcel sat down holding his jaw.

"What's wrong with you" he asked while grabbing his drink. "Whatever do you mean, brother"? "You're acting like you're on something. Like this creepy fucking smile you have plastered on your face" he concurred. I laughed dryly leaning in my seat "I'm finally happy. I have my wife and son back" I announced.

"But are they happy" Marcus questioned taking a swig of his bourbon. I tapped my desk shaking my head. "I've forgiven you, brother. How about we just stay off the topic of my family? How about you tell me about your life in London" I quelled.

Marcus gulped taking the last pint of his bourbon.