Chapter 23

Joe POV
We stopped on the final floor following Gato leading into a room with a big desk and a chair. When the chair turned it appeared Ki-ho. Ki-ho was a slimy bastard. He was a short fat chubby man who loved drugs and women.

He ran his business erratically and if it was up to me I wouldn't be doing business with him at all. My father and Ki-ho father were good friends and after he passed away. My father wanted to continue business with his son.

"So, you wanted to give me the contract signed in person" he smiled while pulling out a package of weed. "No. The clauses in this are not agreeable. You need to change it" I said with a cold expression. "I don't think so. 15% of your product should be mine. Actually make that 20% since you didn't want to sign on the deal" he smirked.

I sighed " how about I take my product and take your land. And pay you nothing" I said taking a step closer to his desk. Gato took a step in front of me folding his arms. "I think you should re think that. I found something real taxing" Ki-ho smiled. He got up from his desk coming around tapping Gato to move. He showed me his phone to see Erica out with her mom and dad. They were at an amusement park and she was smiling.

I looked at the phone then him. I grabbed my gun not thinking and shot Ki-ho in the head. His body fell to the ground with a loud thud. "Boss, boss" Gato yelled. Gato turned looking at me with a furious expression. He ran over punching me mercilessly. Rico jumped on his back holding his neck. I punch him in the gut and he groaned in pain.

He kicked me making me fall into the glass table near by. Then, he pulled Rico off his neck. He pulled out his gun pointing it at me. I smiled feeling the bullet go into my side. The last thing I saw was Rico pulling out his knife and slitting Gatos neck.

Rico POV
I could here the bullets starting. There must of been a camera in here. I went over to Joe holding the wound on his stomach. There was blood pouring out landing on the floor. "Damn it" I yelled.

Erica's POV
Dad had taken me and mom to the amusement park. My mom and dad love going on rollercoasters while I hated it. The feeling of your soul leaving your body and your body going down on a drop. I shivered at the thought. So, we all got on little rides. Like the Ferris Wheel, The Merry go- round, and the Twister. We also took silly pictures in the photo booth. Overall, the day was fun.

"I'm tired" my mom sighed. "How about you two sit right here"my dad said referring to the table like bench right beside us. "While I go get you both some funnel cakes and lemonade". "Ohh, that sounds perfect" I smiled.

I watch my dad walk off and looked up at the rollercoaster going into a loop. "So, have you and your boyfriend ... Will. Been using protection" my mom asked. "MOM" I scream in embarrassment. People around us stared and I smiled trying to get them to continue on there day. "Mom that is not something you should be asking me" I whispered.

"Well honey I just want to make sure" she patted my hand lightly. "For your information. Mother. Will and I haven't done anything" I said awkwardly. "I'm back" my dad said with stuff filled hands. "Let me help" I laughed. My dad sat beside my mom while I handed them the drink and their funnels.

"So what did you two talk about" my dad asked.

Rico POV
I looked at Joe laying in the hospital bed with his shirt off showing his wound. It was covered by the bandage. "Sir, he still hasn't woken yet" I told the doctor who came in checking his vitals. "Of what I have seen. He is in a coma".

"WHAT" I said putting my hands in my head sitting right next to his bed. "I'm sorry" the doctor said before leaving the room. "I have to tell the Don" I though to my self.

Don
"Rico! How is it going. Have you both finished the contract" the Don asked. "Don. Joe took a bullet to the side. He .. he um he's in a coma. The doctor doesn't know when he will wake up" I said with a shaky breathe. There was silence on the phone for a few minutes.

"We're on our way" the Don spoke before ending the call.

Tara's POV
"Love you mom and dad. I had fun I will see you next Sunday" I said from outside the car. "We love you too honey. Now head inside. I want to make sure you get into the building" my mom said from the passenger seat. I smiled as the door man opened the door for me.

"Miss, Garrison" Tom the door man smiled. "Hello, Tom" I smiled. I went up the elevator making it into the apartment. It was so cold. There were no lights on or the smell of cooking.  I miss Joe I though to myself. I walked to my room putting down my bag.

I took a shower and went to the kitchen. What to eat, what to eat. Joe always did the cooking. Anytime I cooked it was always a disaster and tasted like old cabbage. So, I grabbed the milk carton and some cereal.

"Time to eat" I smiled.

*********************
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!
Oh no Joe is in a coma. Please like and comment. It encourages me to write more.