Chapter 81

Joe POV
"Damn it she's suppose to be mine" I said throwing the chair. "I killed for her. I took care of her" I said ripping the sheets. "She thinks she can escape me" I huffed throwing the tv into the wall. I slowly slid down the wall crying and angry. "I gave her everything. Showed just how much I loved her. I can't live without her. My son. My wife" my voice cracked.

I gripped my hair laughing "when I find you you're gonna wish you never left me. You're gonna know just how much I'm willing to go" I smiled looking at the bed we made love in.

Erika POV
I got off the train looking at the non crowded station. I felt the sun shine on my face making me block it with my hand. I moved the bag in front of me taking out a map and a bond of money trying to look through the bag. I put them both in pocket dropping the bag on the ground. When I went to pick it up a man in dirty clothes grabbed it and ran away.

I yelled out trying to get people to stop him but they just looked at me. I began to tear up holding my belly. "Of course this has to happen to me" I scoffed. I took a deep breathe "at least I have the map, new ID and some money.

I should hurry and find the condo. I took out the map and looked around for a taxi. I looked around when I saw a bus called METRO. I sighed going in looking at the driver. "Do you know where this is" I said pointing to the address on my paper. "If you take this bus and wait for the 245 then it will take you two streets away".

"Great" I said looking at the woman who arched her eyebrows at me. "You need a bus card" she said. "Hurry, lady" a man said on the bus. I felt on my hands nervously when a man tapped his card twice looking at me. "I got her Lydia" the man said getting on to the bus. She smiled but frowned looking at me. "Go ahead" she grumbled. I smiled sitting in the only open seat next to the guy.

He had yellow skin and ruffled black curly hair. He wore a brown t-shirt and thick blue jeans. His boots looked cowboy ish and matched his brown shirt. "chica, ¿cuánto tiempo vas a mirar?" (Girl how long are gonna  stare). "I don't really understand, Spanish" I said shyly.

"Why are you staring at me" he said in English. "I just wanted to tell you thank you. I'm new to town and I didn't know anything about this METRO bus". "It's nothing. Where are you from" he asked. "New York" I stuttered thinking about Joe. "Wow the big apple. I've always wanted to visit their" he said with slight excitement.

It felt peaceful actually being able to talk with someone other than Joe. The bus stopped and many people got off and on. The man continued to stay in his seat and I enjoyed our conversation. The lady yelled out the stop for me. I got up sad that I had leave the nice guy. I was getting off when he grabbed my hand.

I quickly retracted frightened but nervously smiled looking at him. "I'm sorry. Before you left I wanted to know your name" he smiled. "It's Kara" I lied. "My name is Anthony" he said. The bus driver closed the door and drove away as he waved goodbye.

I sighed looking at the old homes around me. My ankles were hurting and I looked at the occupied black bench full of grown men sitting.
I leaned against the pole sleepy. Throughout the train ride I was too nervous and filled with anxiety to sleep. I just had to stay awake until I got the place Taylor told me about.

About twenty minutes later the 245 bus came and luckily too many people got on the bus at once I got on for free. It was a twenty five minute drive before she got to the stop for me. I got off to see a sign that saids "NORTH SIDE". I looked at my paper saying Lynette Street and the zip code. Moving past every house I went down each street. Finally, getting to some condos.

I stopped in front of the house looking at the blue two story in front of me. I could hear loud music from the house beside mine. I got to the door to see a welcome mat. I smiled bending down finding a key under the mat. I unlocked the door and quickly went in.

I was amazed at the black furniture and gray hard wood floors. The house wasn't too big but it was perfect. The kitchen had a modern feel that reminded me of home. When I went upstairs there was one bedroom with a big bathroom. As soon a I came out the bathroom looking at the enormous bed I cried. I laid down eyes to the ceiling. My eyes blurred and I yawned "baby we made it" I mumbled before falling asleep.

My eyes went wide hearing some Spanish music blasting from next door. Cranky and angry I looked at the alarm to see three am. I struggled getting up and stepping outside. I walked past the parked line of cars to walk to the front door. I pounded on the door hoping to be heard over the loud music. The door open with flashing lights and music getting louder.
My eyes widen seeing the guy from the bus standing in front of me.

Don't tell me he found her already ? I hope everyone enjoyed  this chapter. Please vote and comment!