Chapter 100

[This chapter Contains suicide]
Conrad POV
I was now twenty and getting ready to get married. I was happy to have found the girl of my dreams Elena. A mob boss's daughter from Italy. My grandfather was ecstatic that I was marrying an Italian girl. My father was proud of the deal I had made with her family.

Over the years things had gone downhill. My mother's father had died three years ago. When my mother found out she fainted. It was hard for her to eat or sleep. She wouldn't stop crying. She tried leaving to go to my grandfather's funeral and my father broke her foot. It took everything in me to not kill him. Ever since then, she wouldn't speak to my father. She would go through me, the maids, or Miguel to answer him.

He hated it but couldn't do anything to stop her. Now with I getting Don's position, I would be able to save her. Let my mother live the life she should have. If she wanted to leave this life I would let her. I felt the guilt that I was the reason she never tried to leave or .....However now. She could be happy.

Walking down the aisle I watch the brightest smile appear on my mother's face. Not shortly after my bride Elena came forward. We said our I do's and the after party was on. Making my way past the many mafia spectators I headed to my mother. She sat near my father. He hugged me and stiffened. Then my mother stood up.

She held my hand crying "I'm so happy for you". "Thank you Mom" I smiled. She held the side of my cheek "I want you to know you've been my joy. I am happy at the man you've become and I hope you Elena will truly be happy. Have a bunch of babies" she laughed. I hugged her tightly "I love you, Connie". "I love you mom".

Something in me felt off as I leg off her. However, her smile never faltered so I settled with myself. My father wrapped his arms around my mother "You should go and talk to the others. They will want to speak business" my father ordered. I nodded my smile wiping away.

Erika POV
Joe held my back tightly but I couldn't push him off. I had learned what would happen with disobedience in public. "You're smiling" Joe whispered. I laid my hand on Joe's chest "I'm feeling lightheaded. I'm going to our room for a bit" I paused. "Goodbye Joe" I stated. "I love you," he said with such passion in his eyes. The same passion since the first time we met. "I love you too". It was true that I would always love him but I will always hate him as well.

He let me go and I made my way through the crowd. I pass by the rows of guards in the hallway and go up the stairs. The dark hallways held a clear replay of the things I went through. Being thrown into the wall. Holding the wall as I was rammed from behind. Joe dragged me on the floor to our bedroom.

I opened the door and closed it. The room illuminated light from the new balcony we installed. The room felt brighter and the air fresher. I sat at my vanity where my pen and paper were. I wrote down everything that I needed to say. After I stepped to the balcony. The sun warmly hit my skin.

The breeze blowing my hair in the wind. I hummed my favorite song dancing. I paused when I heard the door close. I turned around to see Hoe standing a few feet away. "You've been up here for two hours. Let's head back down. We can dance" Joe smiled. "You know I think if you had confessed instead of orchestrating all these things behind my back I would have outright been with you. I know I wouldn't have liked the Mafia thing but I think I could have gotten over it" I smiled moving a hair behind my ear.

"Erika" Joe questioned stepping towards me. I sat on the ledge and Joe's face paled. "E..Erika get down from there it isn't safe". "You're not safe. You are controlling, obsessive". "I'm sorry. But Please.....Just get off that damn ledge" his eyes frazzled and his voice cracked.
"I should have known you are a Crazed Man".

He jumped but it was too late. I let myself fall back and fall. As I fell mid-air I watched his eyes rake with despair however it didn't delight me.
Things could have been different. We could have been different. When my body landed on the pavement I didn't feel pain. I felt at peace. As I took my last breath. I saw my fiancé, Will, and Anthony standing over me taking my hand. I smiled as they ushered me into a new life.

Joe POV
I watched as the men took my wife's coffin away. The tears wouldn't stop as I remembered her letter. I did love you but every day that love broke me. When you silenced me, when you tortured me when you killed the people I love. The only thing that kept me with you all these years was our son. Now that he is married I can finally breathe.

Erika's brother held their mother as they passed my row. Taylor stopped at my row her disdain clear with her gaze. She bit her lip and slapped me dead across my face. I held my hand stopping my men from hurting Taylor. She followed behind her brother leaving me.

If had more time I would have shown her how much I cared. I would apologize relentlessly.

I was the reason for my love's misfortune.