Chapter 47

Erika POV
I looked back at Jason who glanced at me. Joe still holding my hand he dragged me down the stairs. The guards that were placed along the hallway didn't look at me but stared at the wall. No one in the house could help me.

Joe had taken me into the kitchen where there was a big island tabletop with chairs. "Sit". "Now what would you like to eat. I know you love my cooking," he said. Before I could answer a woman in an apron came in.

"We don't need you right now, get out," he said sternly. "You shouldn't talk to the servants that way" I muttered. Joe smiled at me "You're right" he said as the woman ran away. "Salmon bowl," he asked. "Erica use your words".

"Use my words" I scoffed. "How about you fuck off" I growled. My body heaved in anger glaring as Joe held the kitchen counter. Joe's eyebrow arched and he began laughing. "You're such a fiery thing, that's one of the things I love about you," he said turning towards the stove. I watched him move around the kitchen staring at the food. I chewed on my nails nervously as I kept my eyes on him cooking. He plated the food and sat it down in front of me. He pulled out a chair next to me and sat down.

Joe cut his salmon and started eating. After two bites he sighed looking over at me. "Eat your food," he said nicely. "I'm not gonna eat this shit. How do I know you didn't put something in it". "Trust me" he smiled. I snickered as an escaped tear fell from my face. "Trust you? I will never trust you ever again. You rape me and killed the two men I've ever loved and ...." I growled. Joe's smile left his face and he looked darkly at me. He grabbed my arms and held my chin.

"DONT.EVER.SAY THAT AGAIN" he growled. The pressure he was putting on my jaw made me hiss in pain. "I want you to stop talking like that. Stop Fucking cussing and eat your food" he said letting go of my chin. I rubbed my chin in pain looking at my plate. I took the nearby fork and scooped up the salmon and rice. I forced myself to eat while Joe smiled watching me take every bite. Once I was done he patted my head "Good girl". He put the plates into the sink and turned around.

"You know the drill". I looked at him confused but got up once he came towards me.

"I cook and you clean," he said cornering me into the island. "Okay," I said in a hurry to get out of his grasp. I walked to the sink cleaning our plates. While drying the two dishes Joe wrapped his arms around me leaning his chin on my shoulder.

My body stiffened and my breathing stifled. Joe pushed his lower waist into my butt. "Ahhh. It's only been an hour and you're making me want to drag you back to the room" Joe whispered into my ear.

"Please...stop" I squirmed. "You're right," he said. "You're probably still sore," he said stroking my cheek. "Hmm" someone coughed from behind us. Joe turned around hiding me glaring at the person who interrupted us. "Sir, you're needed at the noon meeting" a guy spoke. Joe's jaw clenched and signal for the guy to leave. I secretly pulled the knife I had dried off into my sleeve. Joe turned to me smiling "I have to go" he said sadly. "But first let's get you back to the room," he said grabbing my hand. I tried digging my feet into the floor to stop us from moving.

"How about I just stay down here" I laughed nervously. Joe looked at me as my eyes pleaded. "Don't look at me like that. This is for your own good. I know you wouldn't try to escape but just in case" he said as we continued walking. "What happen to you want me to test you. Trust works both says. " I argued. "I trust you. I just don't trust the silly idea you may come up with while I'm gone" he said while going up the steps. Events replayed in my head as we got closer to the door. Tears streamed down my face as Joe opened the doors.

"Please. I don't want to stay here" I wept. Joe held my face wiping my tears "Don't cry I'm going to be back soon" he cooed. I just sobbed even harder. Joe closed the door and I began to shake. I could start remembering him breathing in my ear. Him touching me in every place he could.

I began banging on the door screaming. After, I could scream no longer I slowly fell to the ground holding my knees. I scratched at my clothes thinking how I just laid on that bed and did nothing.

You told me you would fight. Don't give up now. I could hear Will's voice. I wiped my tears and looked at the moonlight coming into the room. I gritted my teeth thinking "I will escape".