Chapter 64

Nini POV
"Now I know I taught you and your brother better than to put your hands on women" I said walking over to Joseph and Erika. I pulled Erika up from her chair moving her behind me. "I'm disappointed in you. Your father wants to speak with you in his office" I said shaking my head.

Joseph glared at me eyes drifting off behind me where Erika was. I moved to block his view from the frightened girl behind me. Joe left Erika and I alone heading toward the office. "My child. What has my son done to you" I asked looking at the clothes Erika was wearing.

Erika POV
I sat in Joe and I bedroom waiting for Nini to come back. Nini came in with a first aid box sitting on the bed beside me. "I remember when I first got married. I didn't like John at all but he was completely obsessed with me. However, I didn't like to be told what to do" she laughed sadly. She opened the box getting alcohol wipes.

"Of course men like John don't necessarily like that. He would put his hand on me. Although I didn't want my children to follow in their father's footsteps. Joseph has always been just like his father. I thought with the way he was with you he would never do anything physical or mental to hurt you. All the bruises and scars. I remember I would cover them with long shirts and loose jeans. So, tell me is my son just like his father" Nini asked holding my hand with a comforting grip.

"He would n..never do that" I stuttered looking down. "I known you sense you were little. You've never been good at lying" Nini laughed with tears in her eyes. I took off my shirt showing the hickeys. Nini stood up covering her mouth looking at the hickeys and bruise that went along my arms up my neck.

"You...he.. my son. Did he rape you? Was this your consent" Nini tilted her head questioning. "I.. he raped me. I t..tried to stop him but..." I began to sob. Nini and I sat down and she hugged me. "He forced me to have sex with him and threatened to kill my family. The accident with me and fiancé. Was him. He killed my fiancé, and Will...".

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry " Nini cried shaking her head.

. She walked out the room making me grab her hand. "Please, I'm sorry I told you. Don't say anything" I pleaded. She shook her hand out of mine and quickly moved down the stairs .

Joe POV
Making my way to the office I saw more men in the hallway than usual. I stepped into the office getting slammed against the door. My father had a muscular build similar to mine. His wrinkles showed the experience he had on the world. This what I would like in the later years to come. My father held my shirt looking at me menacingly. He punched me making my face turn to the side.

"How dare you" my father growled. He knees me in the chest making me fall to the ground. I slid to ground coughing as my father sat back into his chair. He raked a hand through his hair sighing. "So, she's really pregnant" my father ask. I stood up holding my stomach spitting the blood that sat at the corners of my mouth. "Yes" I said coldly. "I'm guessing her family doesn't know" my father said looking down at his desk.

"No. Although they know is that we're getting married in three weeks" I said. "I never wanted this life for Erika. She's family. My fucking god daughter. You fucking physco. Justifies couldn't listen to your father. You're going to regret it" my father said sitting back in his seat. I scoffed smirking "everything is already set in motion. I will have the girl and everything I've wanted. I will be DON".

My father got up from his chair and I stood tall. The door opened making us both glance. "You threatened her family and killed Will ...and her fiancé. How dare you" my mother said with tears in her eyes. She slapped me across the face and beated on my chest.

Another injury to the face. "She will not be marrying you. You beat on women now. I though you would learn from your fathers mistake" my mother spat pointing her nails into my chest. "I learn what I see. Father always beating you into submission. You on the floor cleaning up your bloody face. Marcus having to help up into bed some nights. My father taught us mafia women are under their husbands. They have no say. However, ERIKA has will have a day" I smile darkly coming near her.

Erika backed away hitting the door. My father grumbled walking to my mother. "You're gonna let them be together. What the hell is wrong with you" my mother screamed at my father. My father huffed pulling my mother's by the neck. Her face was tilted up at him as she glared at him.

I grabbed Erika by the arm leaving the room. "Let go of me" Erika cried in front of the door. We heard screaming and things crashing from behind the door. She jumped looking at the door then back at me. "Unless you want to end up like my mother in there. You will follow me". I flinched hearing a slap and more violent noises.

Erika POV
I quickly followed Joe following him out to the garden. He pulled out my chair for the white table. Then he sat down beside me. He rested his hand against my thigh making me take a deep breathe. "I'm sorry that you had to hear that" . "Are you"? "Why would you want me to be your wife if you were going treat me the way your father treats your mother"?

"I love you. That's the difference between my father and I. He was obsessed with my mother. He wanted to own her. Make her his. I will never treat like you're not my equal however certain things you will have to listen to me about. We're going to get married. Everything will be like it's always been. Me taking care of you, loving you and protecting you". I shook my head as he wiped away a tear from cheek.

If the woman I looked up to couldn't save herself. How would I?

***********************
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Please vote it motivates me to write more.