Chapter 72

Joe POV
After, spring Erika I finished business the next two days. I got assigned in as the new Don. However to fully make it official we had to host the party. The official Don party. I didn't feel like staying for the pleasantries so I decided we would leave two days early.

Erika POV
I went out into backyard with a book. There was a nice size pool with beach layout chairs all around. I decided to sit in the layout chair that had coverings. I read from my book when I saw someone. "They let you out" I did sitting up. I smiled looking at my nephew.

"Yes, mother said I had gotten better" he whispered shyly. He had no brusises on his body buy I could since he had changed a little. "What do mean gotten better" I questioned. "I couldn't kill" he stared blankly. A single tear went down my face. I petted his face feeling pity.

"Who did you kill" I questioned. "Two of the guards the some ones that beat me. I didn't want to" he said sadly. I moved over to his seat hiding him close to my chest. "It's okay it's not your fault" I said rubbing his back. He didn't cry but we stayed like that for a while. For next two days I talked with him. He was only joy that I felt from being here away from my family.

The next morning I woke up to Joe packing his bag. I ruffled my hair yawning. "What are you doing" I asked. He smiled at me "you always did look cute when you first wake up in the morning. Oh and we're leaving tonight". "Tonight, what do you mean we have three more days" I questioned.

"I decided to leave early. We have to do some things back home" Joe said zipping up his bag. I crawled on the bed coming over to Joe's side. "I was gonna let you know I mean ask you before it was time for me to leave. But you know your nephew". "Yea" Joe questioned.

"I want to take him with us. Listen he's being treated horribly. They beat on him and he said t have any friends. I've gotten to know him and he's not like a normal child" I said grasping Joes shirt. Joe shook his head huffing. "We can't take him with us. He is getting daylight properly about the mafia life and how deal with it. I went through the same teaching and I'm perfectly fine. He will be fine".

"How can you say that he's a child" I voiced. "Our child will revive the same treatment when he becomes of right age" Joe explained. My hands shook in anger everything I learned going out of the room. "If you think that I'm gonna let our child be treated like this. You're greatly mistaken" I challenged glaring at him.

"I want us to have a good day before we left. You still stay here. I see you've gotten too close to our nephew so you won't be seeing him. You will stay in here until we leave tonight" . "No" I stomped my feet. Joe smirked " you're so cute when you're mad". Joe left his bags on the bed heading to the door. I followed him but before I could get out the doors got closed and locked.

"Fuck you" I said kicking the door. I waited for hours until door finally unlocked.  A maid smiled "it's time to leave madam". I scoffed moving pass her coming down the steps. Joe was saying his goodbyes as I came down. My eyes showered everywhere looking for my nephew. Joe met me at the steps quickly walking me out.

I heard yelling and turned around. My nephew fighting guards kicking and yelling. Reaching for me to get him. "You said you would take me away. You wouldn't leave me here. Please, please" he cried out. I tried reaching him but Joe pulled me back. This had been the first time I had seen him show emotion. Looking into his yes I could see the fear and pain from seeing me leave.

"Let me go" I screeched however Joe threw me into the car. "Seriously," Hoe said closing the door. I looked back watching as my nephew stood there watching my SUV drive away. Joe pushed me back down making me sit right in my seat. "How could you? Leave him to be with those horrible people" I cried. "Those are my relatives. Don't speak about them".

"You said you love me. That all you want to do is make me happy but how. How when you keep doing things I didn't like or just not listening to me" I sobbed. Joe just watched me not saying a word. "I promised him I would take him with us. Because I thought you would do that for me. For me your wife" I scoffed.

Joe blinked with no expression "you shouldn't have promised him anything. The only thing you should be promising is to fulfill your duties as a wife and new mother".