Chapter 66

Joe POV
After all the preparations our wedding day had arrived. Erika would be mine. I stood at the entrance dressed greeting the mafia families with my father, mother and brother. I hadn't seen Erika in two days since Erika mother took her to stay at their home.

Erika POV
I sat in my wedding dress looking at my mother and sister fixing their dresses. A knock was heard making me look up to the door. My mother opened the door "ahh, Luna come in, come in. Doesn't she look beautiful" mother said as Luna made eye contact with me.

"Yes, she does" Luna said with a tight lipped smile. I heard door open again and Nini came in. "I need you and Taylor to come with me" Nini told them. They left me alone with Luna. She sat down with a pity look upon her face. "Come on don't cry" she said holding my face. "I can't believe this is happening. I'm getting married. I will be legally bound to him. That monster. forever" I cried into Luna's shoulder.

The door creaked and Taylor had tears in her eyes. "You don't want to marry him" her voice cracked. Her hands shook as she covered her mouth. "I should have known. I'm your sister for gods sake. You've never taken a romantic interest in Joe. Ever. What? Is ....is he forcing you" she asked coming towards us.

Luna got up leaving us alone closing the door. "I didn't want you to know. You can't tell mom, dad or Tyler. He ...he will kill you all" I said worriedly. "He wouldn't" Taylor stood up. I stood up "he would. His family. Uncle Jhon their the head of the mafia.. He can make it happen. So, please just let me save you all" I gripped her arms with pleading eyes.

She pulled me up from the ground holding the side of my cheek. "Since you were a baby I always wanted to see you happy. I am so sorry you have to marry him but I promise I will get you away from him" She said hoarsely. "I'm pregnant" I blurted. Taylor eyes widen and eyes moved to my belly.

"Then, I will find a way for you and the little one to disappear" Taylor stated. I smiled in agreement. "Please, they're talking" I heard Luna say when the door open. Both Nini and my mom came in gasping. "Looking at those faces we have to hurry and get you fixed. All that crying on a day like this" my mother argued.

I looked at Taylor who smiled sadly. They touched up Taylor and I makeup. After my two brides maids Taylor and Luna went downstairs to head down the aisle. I was left alone in my room trying to get my heart to stop pounding and hands to stop sweating.

I heard the knock and knew this was it. I came out the room meeting my father at the edge of the steps. He had on a black suit with at matching black tie. In his small pocket was a small petal lily. "My beautiful daughter you look amazing" my father began to tear. I smiled  catching one of his tears "don't cry".

My papa held out his arm for me to grasp. We went down the steps going pass the line of guards hiding our way. We stopped in front of the double white wooden doors that lead to the ceremony. I could hear the music play which made my anxiety increase. I squeezed my fathers hand as he gently brushed mine.

I heard announcer say "Please rise for the bride". Two guards open the door showing the many people within the room. There were grass and flowers everywhere. A gentle touch of red here and there. The room was beautiful but standing on the stage was a horrible man.He was dressed in white with a black tie.

He was smiling from ear to ear as I walked down the aisle. As I passed by people that I didn't know I finally saw two rows of people I recognized . We got to the end and my father kissed my cheek. Joe took my hand we walked up two steps to be on the stage.

In front of us stood a priest who spoke stuffily. "We are all gathered here today to bless these two into one. I would first like to talk about the bounds one couple can embody". The priest went on as Joe staring intently at me like looking at painting. I wanted this to end quickly. Finally, Rico handed Joe our rings. Joe put on mines then I grabbed his. With shaken hands I placed it upon his finger.

"Please turn to me" the priest spoke. Turing his way with Joe still gripping my hand I faced the priest. "With the power vested in me. I pronounce you to husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" the Priest bowed his head. Joe pulled me by the waist and leaned me down. His lips attached to mine kissing me passionately as everyone cheered except my sister and Luna.

A single tear went down my face knowing I was now Mrs. Lombardi.