Chapter 80

Joe POV
"We didn't find her. I sent some of our men to train station, the apartment and airport. Her parent's house. She's gone" I heard Rico say. I was silent over the phone and hung up. I went back into the ballroom. "When the hell is the ceremony going to start it's been five hours" I heard a guy whisper. I clenched my jaw going up to the throwns.

"I have been doing my duty since I was fourteen. I got rid of the Koreans that were effecting all of our business. Many of you must be asking where is my wife? Why hasn't the ceremony began? The ceremony will commence without my wife being here. If anyone has a problem with that you can answer to me"

Shouting and yelling was heard across the room.  My father came up to me "what in the hell do you think you're doing" my grandfather yelled. "I'm doing what I should of done a long time ago" I said angrily. I pulled out my gun aiming it at my grandfather. "Son, you don't need to do this"mother said standing behind my father near the crowd.

"Great, then bring on the ceremony" I said sitting on the throne. The rabbi came over with shaking hands. "Today we will be bringing in a new leader of the Lombardi family. First he must say his oath". My father went back towards the crowd watching me. I stood up holding my hands over the Bible.

"I shall protect over our family and put my life for our people. I shall live by our conduct and code. And honor us all. As I take my last breathe I will always and forever be A Don". "You have know said your oath now give your blood to bind your oath". I pulled out my knife pricking my finger and letting two drops fall into the cup.

I turned to everyone and looked upon their faces. They all bowed to me the new DON of the Italian mafia.  "I now province Joseph Lambardi the new Don" the rabbi spoke.

Luna POV
I sat on the cushy couch biting my lip looking at the time. "I hope she got away" I whispered. I heard the bedroom door open "what's wrong" Marcus asked sitting beside me. "I couldn't just .....just let her stay there. With him" I tried explaining. Marcus gripped both my shoulders "what did you do" he asked in a worried tone. "I just came up with a plan.... I helped her get away from him" I explained.

Marcus let me go standing up. His eyes were wide as he stepped back. "Damnit" he said holding the back of his neck. "We need to leave. My brother will come here looking for you". I got up coming towards Marcus. "I'm sorry but I had too. You're not mad" I asked while holding the side of his cheek. "She's your best friend. You had to get her away from him. My mother has been under my father since she was sixteen. If I could help her I would" Marcus explained.

I teared up feeling Marcus hold my cheek. "Now we need to go" he said. I nodded my head going into the bedroom. I began throwing my clothes into a suit case in a hurry. If he got to me I don't know what would happen.

Joe POV
I pulled on my tie making it come loose as I went outside. The people had left and I looked upon my men. They stood waiting for their orders. "I want you all to scower the city. Go to our people at the police office and find my wife. NOW" I order. They bowed speaking at once "yes DON".

I turned going back to the house to see my mother in tears and father angry. "You pulled a stunt that's never been done before. You better be glad that grandfather and I agreed. He was extremely upset. It took everything for him to go home" my father fumed. I huffed my eyes moving from my father to my mother. I came close towards her "did you know she was going to do this" I sleethed.

"Son, no" she said. "She talks to you all the time. You're the only one I let her meet with" I explained. "Step away son" my father said moving my mother behind him. "I can't trust anyone. Not my maids and not my own mother. You both need to leave. Go on the vacations you want. I don't want to hurt her but I can't control my anger right now" I said clenching my teeth.

"This is my house" my father said standing tall. "Not anymore, I'm the DON. The house belongs to me now" I said snapping my fingers. Jason walked up slowly "take my parents to the house I prepared for them. In two days they will go on cruise we found for them" I explained. Some of my men grabbed my father and mother. They struggled as my parents got pulled away.

My father began to fight snapping two of my mens neck and was about to pull his gun. I stopped him pulling out mine faster and shooting him in the thigh. He fell and my mother gasped. She cried holding my father arm as he hit the ground. She looked at me the way she would at my father when he would hit her.

"You're a monster...I knew this would happen. You poor child" my mother sobbed. The guards carried out my father with my mother following behind him. "Clean up the blood and notify me on any updates on the search" I told Jason.