Admission & Timeskip

From that day onwards Yami started his training in all aspects of combat, especially Genjutsu and Kenjutsu. He had made a habit to keep those weights on. And it has been almost 9 months since he wore those weights. He doesn't even feel them much anymore. Yami had some progress in controlling the devouring law by devouring a few trees and animals, although it didn't give him any significant strength, it increased Yami's control of the essence of devouring law by a lot.

Yami tried to learn scorch style but he couldn't integrate fire and wind elements together. He decided that he would try it again after a few months as he needed to perfect his chakra control. For a couple of months, he has used the leaf sticking exercise and walking on water and trees exercise to increase his chakra control.

As for Genjutsu, Yami is confident that his Genjutsu can trap anyone below the level of an elite Jonin. Genins and chunins wouldn't even realize that they are in a genjutsu unless Yami tells them. While walking around in the village he would put some people into harmless Genjutsus. Combat Genjutsus like demonic illusion's hell's vine or nightmare and some more were only used on Sasuke who was slowly building up resilience against Yami's Genjutsus but Yami knew that if he truly wants to trap Sasuke in a Genjutsu, then Sasuke would be completely helpless.

The most improvement which Yami had was in Taijutsu and Kenjutsu. Uchiha taijutsu wasn't based on pure physical strength. It was a combination of deflecting, evading, and striking at vital points. Uchiha taijutsu emphasized always going for the kill. Uchiha clan members weren't someone you could expect mercy from. Yami hadn't used a real sword until now. The kenjutsu scrolls that were in the Naka shrine emphasized practicing with a heavy blunt wooden sword. There was only one elder in the Uchiha clan with wind chakra nature which is why there were only 2 scrolls of kenjutsu with wind chakra. The scroll taught Yami to cover his wooden sword with wind chakra and cut rocks. Yami remembered Asuma showed how to make wind chakra sharp so Yami tried it but as the sword wasn't made of chakra conducting metal but wood, it took a lot of time and perfect chakra control. A few days ago Yami had managed to cut a huge boulder cleanly from the middle with a wooden sword.

KONOHA ACADEMY

Two kids were walking in the direction of the Konoha academy. Both had the same height and jet black hair. One had black eyes while the other one had blue eyes. The one with the black eyes wore a full sleeve blue t-shirt and grey half pants. He had bandages below his knees and shinobi sandals as footwear.

The blue-eyed kid had below shoulder-length black hair and he wore a loose full sleeve purple t-shirt and baggy black pants and shoes as footwear. Both the kids had a cold temperament and on the back of their t-shirts, there was a logo of a fan which everyone recognized as the logo of the Uchiha clan.

"Look, these are the two survivors of the Uchiha clan. They look so handsome even at such a young age. " A woman said to a girl with her.

"Kyaa, they look so cool. If they weren't so smaller than me I would have asked one of them out" the girl said with stars in her eyes.

After a few minutes, both boys reached the academy and saw many kids along with their parents standing at the entrance. Two people wearing flak jackets came out of the academy and said

"All the children who want to attend the assessment exam come in and form a line. Parents wait outside the gate, Hokage sama will be here in no time."

The flak jacket indicated that they were chunin shinobi so everyone followed their instructions and the children and parents were separated. Sasuke being a student of the academy entered with Yami and went to his class.

"You are already stronger than me so you better get a class ahead of me. I don't want to become 2nd ranked in my class" Sasuke snickered as if he was jealous of Yami but in reality, he was very proud of his younger brother. In the past months, he had started seeing himself as his guardian as He knew how much his mother would take care of Yami. After saying goodbye Sasuke left and Yami joined a line. All the other students around him were elder than him but were of the same height but still, he attracted looks from many girls and jealous glares from many boys.

In a few seconds, an old man in a white cloak stood on top of a podium that was built to welcome new students. The third Hokage would come to the academy and talk about the will of fire with the children. He started his speech which Yami felt was very boring as he stuffed two cotton balls in his ears. The speech was finished after 15 minutes and Yami could see that the children were pumped up. Before leaving Hiruzen took a look at all the kids and the only 2 kids attracted his attention. One was the youngest daughter of the Hyuga Patriarch and the other one was the monster which he had met last year. In the past months, Hiruzen had seen Yami through his peeping globe and he was astonished to see the aura that the kid emitted. He sighed as no one from his clan was anywhere near these prodigies and Hiruzen left the academy.

The kids started registering for their assessment tests one by one. After 5 minutes as Yami approached the man on the desk taking the registration, he said his name, and instead of writing the name the man looked behind towards another man standing in a flak jacket and signaled him pointing toward Yami. The man came in front of Yami and said

"Yami Uchiha, as per Hokage sama's instructions your assessment will be conducted behind the academy. Please follow me" The man bowed as he said those words to which Yami nodded.

(Do write a review for this novel so that it can get a rating)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis