Inside Information

"As you say Danzo-sama." the spy said and told everything that he saw from Kakashi coming in the morning to Yami's hospital visit and also his mission. He didn't mention anything about going into an alley which made Yami realize that this spy was not too higher up in the food chain.

"Follow me." Yami said and made the spy come with him a little deep inside the forest. He decided to have a nice chat with the spy and also use the heartbeat rhythms which ignore seals and makes the person answer everything in a genjutsu. Before that he wanted to put the spy in a 5 senses genjutsu so that there would be no chance of escape.

'Using the sixth sense and also the rhythm for an extended period of time will put too much strain on me. I think I need to work on my devouring law and absorb some corpses.' Yami thought as he reached a bit deeper inside the jungle. Yami switched on his Sharingan and looked back. Before the spy could realize that it was a Sharingan he was already in a genjutsu and according to him the person standing in front of him is Danzo and his eyes were normal.

'For a second I thought Danzo-sama's eyes changed color but it must be just the sunlight reflecting oddly in the forest.' the spy thought. For a moment there was a doubt in the spy's mind but he quickly dispersed it because he knows if he is wrong he would have to suffer a fate worse than death.

After Yami got the spy completely under his control he decided to start manipulating his heartbeat so he made the spy see the illusion that Danzo is sitting on a tree stump while he is kneeling on one knee.

Yami brought his hand close to the man's chest and emitted a wisp of chakra which entered the man's heart through the skin. Yami started controlling the heart rate to match the rhythm he wanted. It took him a few seconds but the man's heartbeat was in sync with the rhythms Yami had read in the scroll and the demeanor of the man started changing.

'What the hell...he has become like he is hypnotized even in genjutsu which means he may probably not remember what he will say during the whole time he is saying the truth. The only way he will notice something wrong is when he realizes how much time has passed.

Yami who was standing in front of the kneeling spy slowly removes the man's mask only to see a 22-24 year old man.

"What is your name?"

"Mako Hime"

"What is your age?"

"22"

"Who do you work for?"

"Lord Danzo"

"Where are your parents?"

"I am an orphan. I don't know who they were or whether they are alive or not."

"Which organization do you belong to?"

"Root"

"With whom does your loyalty lie?"

"Lord Danzo"

"Why?"

"Because he is the one who truly deserves to become Hokage?"

'Oooo I have got a brainwashed one here. I will have to use him against Danzo. It will be troublesome.' Yami thought as he massaged his temples.

"What are you doing outside the Uchiha compound today?"

"I am on a mission."

"What was the mission and who gave you?"

"The mission was given to me by Danzo-sama and it was to keep an eye on Yami Uchiha and infiltrate the Uchiha compound at night."

"Why were you told to infiltrate the Uchiha compound at night?"

"To put Sasuke and Yami Uchiha unconscious and search the entire house of the patriarch."

"To search what??"

"Scroll leading to the whereabouts of Itachi Uchiha or some contact between the brothers"

As Yami heard this his eyes widened 'Seems like Danzo wants to know whether me and Sasuke know the truth and also a way to contact Itachi. He seems like he is getting impatient to get some Sharingans.'

"Mako tell me everything you know about root." Yami said and Mako started telling him everything he knew about root which was not much. Mako was someone whose main job was information gathering and sending scrolls discreetly. He also found out Mako is gifted in the art of poison.

'It's already been long enough. He may be blindly loyal to Danzo but he is no idiot if Danzo trusts him with confidential scrolls.' Yami thought as he removed the hand which was near Mako's chest making the rhythm break and Mako's heart rate became normal.

Mako suddenly felt like somebody had woken him up from sleep. He looked in front and saw Danzo sitting. Before Mako could say something the illusionary Danzo said

"What are you daydreaming about Mako?"

Listening to this Mako was shocked a little as Danzo had never addressed him by his name. In fact, Mako normally received orders from his team leader and hardly had any contact with Danzo.

"D-Danzo-sama it's an honor that you know my name." Mako said lowering his head a little.

"Mako there is a special reason I have come here today."

"Danzo-sama I will complete every task you give me even if it demands my sacrifice."

"Mako you need to know that me at the Root headquarters isn't in my control." Yami said while thinking 'Hope this bluff works. This is too far-fetched but in this nothing is impossible.'

Hearing this Mako had a confused expression on his face as this he couldn't understand what Danzo was trying to tell him.

"What do you mean Danzo-sama?"

"A few months ago, Orochimaru gave me some Hashirama cells to use on my arm. But what I didn't know was that the snake had used his own cells as well to control my body and mind." Mako couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"Then you?"

"The me standing in front of you is the real me. When I realized what that snake had done, I transferred my consciousness using Yamanaka's forbidden jutsu. For now, continue your mission but don't go inside as there are fuinjutsu seals spread out. For the next week gather as much information as you can in the root headquarters. Orochimaru must have made changes to them. Next week at night we will meet right here." Yami said.

'He may not trust me completely but creating a shred of doubt is more than enough. Till the next week, I need to acquire good control over my devouring law so that next week I can remove the seal put on him by Danzo and prove to him that I am the real deal. Danzo its time to dance.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well