Red Faced

"Heya Brother" a voice came from behind Itachi. This spooked Itachi and he jumped away to a safe distance. He looked in the direction from where the sound came and saw Yami standing leisurely without a scratch on him. Itachi only wanted to injure Yami so he limited the explosion but he didn't expect Yami to come out unscathed.

"How?" Itachi asked to which Yami replied "Do you think you are the only one who can use exploding clones?" Yami winked.

Itachi had a grim expression on his face but inside he was happy that his little brother had grown up to be a strong shinobi. He didn't expect Yami to be this strong.

"I guess you aren't as disappointing as Sasuke." Itachi wanted to see Yami use his full strength. He wanted to push his brother to become stronger.

Yami chuckled as he waved his hand and said "Don't try those useless things on me. I will use the same amount of strength that you are using or else it wouldn't be much fun. So I ...." Yami was saying when suddenly he body flickered out.

Boom

The place where Yami stood now had a crater and an angry Kisame standing on it. "How dare you" Kisame grit his teeth. He was humiliated by being put in a genjutsu and then made to fight Itachi like a puppet. In the end, he was thrown aside by Yami like a rag doll. Kisame never felt this helpless in his life. He now truly wanted to rip Yami apart piece by piece.

"Itachi I know you wanted to be the one to kill your brothers but I call dibs on Yami. I will tear him apart with my Samehada." Kisame said with bloodshot eyes. Itachi and the others could feel killing intent emanating from Kisame. Kurenai and Asuma felt a chill run up their spine. It was the same for the shinobis who were guarding the perimeter.

'This is bad. Kisame will really kill Yami. I can't let that happen even if I have to blow my cover.' Itachi thought.

"This is bad Tsunade. Kisame is about to go on a rampage." Jiraya said. He knew that now Kisame wouldn't think about escaping but killing Yami.

"I think I will have to use sage mode to stop him now." Jiraya stated. Jiraya was famously known as the toad sage and it was like a trump card of his where he would gain multiple abilities and a tremendous amount of brute strength.

Tsunade also agreed with Jiraya's opinion but Kakashi stopped them "Lady Tsunade and Lord Jiraya I don't think that would be necessary."

Itachi along with the leaf shinobis was confused by this statement as they all looked at Kakashi "What do you mean Kakashi?" Tsunade asked.

Kakashi pointed toward Yami and said "In the face of such an enemy look at Yami's expression. Does that expression belong to someone who is about to fight a strong opponent or someone who is about to have fun?"

Everyone looked at Yami and saw that Yami was totally unaffected by the killing intent in fact he had a mischievous smile on his face.

"Are you implying that Yami can defeat Kisame?" Kurenai asked. Everyone was thinking about the fact whether Yami can really defeat Kisame or not but Tsunade shouted "NO...Yami has never faced an opponent like Kisame and he doesn't even know how strong Kisame would be at his full power. Jiraya get ready for sage mode." Jiraya nodded and started meditating to get into Sage mode.

'Lady Tsunade is right. Even I haven't seen Kisame at his strongest nor do I know what his trump cards are. I can't let Yami fight with Kisame.' Itachi thought.

"What is a little fishy like you going to do? Spray some water on me?" Yami said in a teasing mode which made Kisame's face become red in anger. No one had ever called him fishy. Even when he was just a child he was the strongest and the cruelest among his peers. No one had ever underestimated him and now a 9-year-old was taunting him.

"YOUUU....BRAT..."Kisame screamed and jumped at Yami. He expected Yami to dodge but Yami made some hand seals and spewed a fireball toward Kisame. Kisame wasn't worried about a fireball as the size of the fireball wasn't too big. He guessed Yami wanted to slow down his momentum so he slammed the ground with his leg and entered the fireball. As he was getting close to the fireball he realized that the temperature of the fireball was way higher than he expected. He brought Samehada in front of him as he reached the fireball. As the fire touched his sword, he felt the sword shake and writhe in agony. The next second he exited the fireball he felt the hot fire burn his skin. He landed on the ground and was about to look at his wounds when he found himself surrounded by clones of Itachi.

"What the..." he couldn't even complete his sentence when the eyes of the clones turned bright blue and they all exploded. The people standing outside couldn't understand what was happening. All they saw was Kisame running toward Yami and Yami creating a fireball.

"What is happening in there?" Asuma asked when he saw sparks of lightning.

"Jiraya...how much more time do you need?" Tsunade asked as she glanced at Jiraya.

"Don't rush me Tsunade" That's all Jiraya said without even opening his eyes.

"H-How is this possible?" Anbu standing beside Tsunade said which made everyone focus back on the explosion that had now cleared.

Their eyes widened at the scene in front of them. They couldn't believe their eyes. Kisame was covered with burn marks and multiple injuries all over his body and Yami was standing in front of him unscathed. Kisame was breathing heavily and everyone could see that he was having a problem standing but Itachi knew Kisame still hadn't used his full strength. His mistake was that he had underestimated Yami and now Itachi needed to step in or his brother would die for sure.

------------------------------------

To read 19 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.