Reaper's Edge

'Purple lightning...now that's something I have never seen. It isn't taking too much of my chakra' Yami was thinking when he noticed that the things around him became very slow.

'I am not using my Sharingan so why is this happening.'

Yami ran toward a tree 100meters to cut it down with the lightning sword but he was so fast that he crashed into a tree 400meters ahead.

"Ughh...how did my speed increase to such an extent? I covered 500meters in less than a blink of an eye. On normal lightning mode, it would have taken me 3-4 seconds."

"Yami you need to control how to use this lightning" Jiro said.

"Yeah I know grandpa Jiro I will practice controlling my speed"

"Kid I am not talking about your speed. Look around you and see what you have done" Jiro said

Yami looked around and saw that the trees he had passed had all been hit by lightning and were shredded into pieces. There were even some craters on the ground where the lightning hit.

"Damm this is going to be harder than I thought." Yami thought.

For the next hour, Yami and Jiro were in the jungle practicing different things with the sword. It was almost time for the academy to finish for the day and after 10-15 minutes Sasuke will come to the blacksmith's shop. Benji and Samo would also come to the shop to bring the old man some food.

"Kid let's get going" Jiro said ad Yami nodded. He threw a big fireball toward the jungle where they were practicing and destroyed the area so that no one will know what was happening there for the past hour.

After they both left an Anbu team came there. They saw the destruction around and tried to sense if there was anyone nearby.

"This doesn't seem like a battle." Said an Anbu with purple hair looking towards a silver-haired Anbu who seemed like the leader of the group.

"It doesn't have any traces of blood. Seems like some Jonin was practicing a few fire spells. What do you think leader?" The third Anbu who had a metal frame around his face said looking at the leader as well.

"These aren't a few fire jutsus but a single fireball jutsu." The silver-haired Anbu said who removed his mask and crouched down to touch the burnt wood and soil. He was wearing a mask that covered his nose and mouth and one of his eyes was covered with the Konoha ninja band. He was the copy ninja Kakashi Hatake.

"What? Only one jutsu? But there are a handful of them in our village. Who could do this?" The purple-haired girl asked.

"We will investigate more about this and then report to Hokage sama if we find something suspicious." The Kakashi said

'Soil burnt to this extent? How powerful was the fire?' Kakashi thought as he and his team members body flickered out.

Yami and Jiro were sitting in the blacksmith shop when they heard knocking from the outside.

"It must be Sasuke, Benji and Samo. Go bring them in. They must be eager to see your sword" Jiro said with a smile on his face. He knew his son wouldn't say but Benji was very eager to see the sword and find out how it was made. Benji always behaved as if he had a carefree attitude but in reality, he was still a curious child in Jiro's eyes.

Yami opened the door and he saw the three of them standing outside. He let them in and they followed him to the room where Jiro and the sword were.

"Grandpa where is the sword?" Samo asked just as he saw his grandpa in the room. Jiro looked towards the bed in the room and there was a purple sheath with a sword in it.

Samo quickly ran towards it and even Sasuke followed him.

"Wow, this color looks so good. Grandpa, can I pull out the sword?" Samo asked.

"Sasuke remove the sword carefully and show Samo. He is still a kid and not a shinobi" Jiro said.

"Grandpa don't say like this in front of outsiders. That time when I dropped a katana on my own foot has become a thing of the past." Samo said glaring towards this grandpa who just started laughing.

Sasuke looked at Yami as it was Yami's sword and without his permission even touching the sword is bad manners. Yami nodded indicating that it was fine to unsheath the sword. He could feel a connection with the sword but it was still a blur. He could feel that something was missing in this connection but he decided to look into it after he takes the sword home.

Sasuke unsheathed the sword and the sword looked beautiful as the veins were dimly lit. The sword was cold to the touch and had no irregularities.

"Old man what are these veins and why are they purple?" Sasuke asked. Benji and Samo also looked at Jiro because they hadn't seen such metal in their lifetime.

"It was a different kind of metal I used to make this sword and that metal was collecting dust in my father's collection for many years so I decided to use it. It is nothing special just that it conducts chakra more properly than normal chakra metals." Jiro said

Sasuke and Samo checked the sword for a few more minutes and then it was Benji's turn to see the sword.

'This the first time pops has talked about such a metal. I don't know why he is hiding information about it but there may be a reason for this decision of his and I will ask him about it later in private.' Benji thought as he took the sword in his hand and swung it.

'This is a great sword. But why do I feel resistance from it as if it doesn't want to be held by me? Except for the 7 swords of the mist, no other swords have been known to behave like that.' Benji was thinking when he turned to Yami and asked.

"Yami have you decided what you are going to call it?"

That's when something clicked in Yami's mind "That's it...that's why I felt something amiss. I didn't name the sword and treated it like a tool. I need to treat it like a companion of mine."

Yami held the sword in his hands with one hand on the handle and the other on the blade and said

"REAPER's EDGE"

"That's what I am going to call it"

Yami looked at the sword while saying the name and he could feel that the sword was like an extension of his body and just like its name it was craving BLOOD.

----------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well