Genjutsu is Deception

Kurenai could feel herself feeling weak and anger started welling up inside her. She had sealed Yakumo's powers because she killed her parents and was going to harm more innocents. Kurenai thought that teaching Yami was a kind of redemption but she never expected that Yami who seems calm and mature would betray her. She even expected that one day Yami will help Yakumo but now the only thing Kurenai had in her heart was anger.

She gathered all the chakra she could muster and stabbed Yami through the neck. She expected Yami to at least panic or hold his neck to stab the breathing but the smile remained on his face.

"WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING" Kurenai shouted in an angry tone.

"Because I won" This was all she could hear but Yami in front of her wasn't talking. Kurenai's eyes widened as the Yami in front of her who she had stabbed turned into one of the dummies she had kept around her.

She looked behind and saw Yami sitting down with a bored expression on his face. She looked down and there were no injuries on her.

"D-double Genjutsu?" Kurenai asked.

"Didn't have to. You were never able to break the Genjutsu in the first place. I just made you hear the sound of glass breaking and accelerated your heart rate to make you think that you used chakra to break the genjutsu."

Kurenai started sweating profusely as this was the first time she was scared of someone's genjutsu. Even Yakumo couldn't do it as she was strong but not as deceptive as Yami.

She sighed and sat in front of Yami and said "That was deceptive of you Yami. I never thought you would play me like this."

"What are you talking about Miss Yuhi? Genjutsu is deception. We make our enemies believe something that isn't true." Yami said with a small smile making even Kurenai agree with him.

Kurenai rolled the scroll and gave it to Yami and said "I think I have had enough experience of your Genjutsu for today so go home and study all the other heartbeat rhythms."

"I have recorded all these rhythms with the help of my Sharingan so I won't need the scroll anymore. I wanted to ask you what the 7th sense was ?" Yami said as he gave the scroll back to Kurenai.

"That scroll has a seal on it and can only be opened when you completely master the 6th sense and the user is at least 15 years old. The seal has a genjutsu of its own and the scroll won't open unless you are above 15 and you solve the puzzle in the genjutsu." Kurenai said.

"Why the age limit?" Yami asked.

"The only reason dad gave me was that at fifteen the body can handle the toll it takes to control the 7th sense." Kurenai said.

"I will take my leave if there isn't anything else." Yami said and started to leave.

"Should I tell the Hokage about your progress at genjutsu?" Kurenai asked as she wanted to make sure that the Yami she saw in the Genjutsu wasn't like the real one. She knew that by letting Yami surpass her she was either creating a hero who will protect Konoha as a member of one of the founding clans of this village or she was creating another Itachi Uchiha.

"Of course. I have no problem with that. But I don't want many people to know as I have no intention of graduating early." Yami said and left.

'Why is someone so talented like him not ambitious? I hope helping him isn't a mistake.' Kurenai thought as Yami's deception had created many doubts in her mind. She had decided that she would tell Asuma about Yami's talent but not the Hokage as she knew the higher-ups would insist on Yami graduating early.

As Yami was walking on the road toward the Uchiha compound someone bumped into Yami and fell down. Yami looked to his side where the girl had fallen and instantly he recognized the girl.

"Lady Hanabi please stop running." Came a sound from the direction the girl had come from. In a few seconds, a woman wearing a maid uniform came into sight. She bend down and lifted the girl who was Hanabi Hyuga. The youngest daughter of the Hyuga patriarch.

"Lady Hanabi please don't run like that again." The woman said while dusting Hanabi's clothes. She looked at Yami and was shocked for a second but she quickly recollected herself and said

"I apologize to you Master Yami"

Yami simply nodded and left on his way and he didn't even spare a look toward Hanabi. Hanabi looked back at her caretaker and asked "Where have I heard that name before?"

"He is the one who defeated your elder brother Neji in one punch." the woman said which completely shocked Hanabi.

"B-But how? He looks my age"

"He is the same age as yours Lady Hanabi but that's how strong prodigies are and you shouldn't compare yourself to him. You have your own strengths." the woman tried her best to convince Hanabi.

While Yami was walking his eyes fell on a particular dress at a clothing shop. He looked at the entrance of the shop and changed his direction.

'Seems like the new stock of scrolls have arrived' Yami said as he went to an alley to transform himself to another man who he named as Kaneki to meet Might guy and then the underground market dealer.

Yami in disguise entered the store. He saw the woman at the counter but the man was nowhere to be seen. The woman looked at him and then towards the back door. Yami simply nodded and walked toward the backdoor. As he entered the room he saw the dealer putting up scrolls on the shelves.

"You seem awfully busy today" Yami said while closing the door behind him.

The man looked back and said "Just received the new stock Yesterday night so thought I'd set it up. Take a look around for a few minutes as I clean up this mess."

Yami kept looking around on the shelves and also in the trunks which were full of dusty scrolls. He was combing through the scrolls when one of them made Yami widen his eyes.

"How can it be here? Its Scorch style."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well