Search & Destroy

While such a discussion was happening at the Hokage building, Yami and Sasuke were celebrating at home.

"If they take such an exam for us next year then even half our class will get flunked." Sasuke said while eating ramen.

"Hokage-sama said that after a few days the failed students will be given another chance and it would be an easier exam. Tomorrow we will know who our jonin sensei is" Yami said.

"So who do you want to be your jonin sensei and what can they even teach you?" Sasuke said. He felt that the jonin sensei is no more than just a babysitter. Sasuke knew that there wasn't anyone in his class who was on par with him. Even naruto was only somewhat good at sparring as they spar from time to time. He knew that next year no matter who he gets in the squad they will hold him back.

"I don't know any Jonin other than Miss Kurenai. So I would prefer her as my jonin sensei."

The rest of the day passed with Yami and Sasuke training on their own. The next day all the passed students were sitting in the class. Many of them were continuously touching their headband and admiring it as they had worked hard for many years to earn it. Rock Lee had red eyes and anyone could come to the conclusion that he must have cried a lot.

After a few minutes, Tanaka entered the class and said

"Everyone, now I will announce your genin teams. Get along with your teammates well and in battle watch their backs."

One by one Tanaka announced all the groups and at the end, Yami's group was also announced.

"Rock Lee, Neji Hyuga, and Yami Uchiha...your jonin sensei will be Maito Gai (Might Guy)"

The entire class was stunned at this. They had been told that every squad will be balanced in strength which means that the top rankers will definitely be in different squads. But now seeing that the top 2 rankers were in the same team they felt being lied to. No matter how much they have mocked Rock Lee they knew that Rock Lee was good at Taijutsu.

Yami could feel Neji's eyes drilling through his skull but he decided to ignore it. One by one the jonin sensei of each squad came and took their squad away. In the end, the only squad left was Yami's. After a few minutes, a man in a green jumpsuit similar to Rock Lee entered the class and shouted

"Good morning kids, I am Konoha's green beast Might Guy"

Seeing him like this made Yami and Neji cringe at the same time. Rock Lee was very happy to see that the man who understood him the most in the village was his jonin sensei.

"Guy sensei I am in your squad. We will be the best squad this year" Rock lee said to which Might Guy showed a thumbs up and said "Of course Lee this is our chance to shine. THIS IS YOUTH"

Might guy talked a few more things with Rock lee and even Neji and Yami. Yami knew he would have to get used to Might guy now as tends to talk too much for no apparent reason.

"Lee and Neji you both will come with me for Taijutsu training and Yami you will go to training ground 12 for ninjutsu practice. Any questions?" Might guy asked.

"Guy sensei we were told that the teams will be balanced then why are me and Yami on the same team. Even Lee surpasses everyone in terms of Taijutsu, so he should also be in a different team. And why are we splitting to train?"

"The reason why you three are in the same team is that Hokage-sama wanted to create a search and destroy team. Such a team existed in the past and the team members of that squad began to be known as the three legendary Sanin. Such a team requires extremely high offensive strength but it cannot ignore other types of jutsus as well. And as I am a pure Taijutsu specialist I don't think I can teach Yami anything about ninjutsu so this will be the job of my ETERNAL RIVAL Kakashi."

'Lee covers Taijutsu part, Neji covers Taijutsu and sensor part. His defense is also commendable. I can handle ninjutsu, genjutsu, kenjutsu. My Taijutsu isn't too good like Lee but my body is way stronger than theirs. The only thing missing is medical ninjutsu and having byakugan will give Neji an edge over others in terms of medical ninjutsu.' Yami thought and he looked at Neji and said

"Try to learn medical ninjutsu if you can." As Yami said this he turned away to leave the classroom.

'How dare he tell me what to do. Just because he is a bit stronger than me, he thinks he can order me around.' Neji thought as Yami telling him to do something somewhat hurt his pride.

"Hmm...he may be right. Byakugan will make your medical ninjutsu more efficient and Yami is already going to handle the ninjutsu and genjutsu part. Neji think about it and let me know. I will contact Konoha hospital and arrange a few lessons for you.

'If he can handle 2 fronts in this team then so can I' Neji snorted.

"I will try to practice medical ninjutsu guy-sensei" Neji said with a firm tone.

On training ground 12 Yami had just arrived and he was sitting under a tree. Just when he thought that Kakashi would be late, a voice came

"So you are Yami huh? They told me you are a prodigy"

The voice came from a branch just above Yami. Kakashi expected Yami to either look up calmy or just panic and pull out a kunai but nothing like that happened instead

"I heard that you used to be a prodigy too" was the voice that came from behind Kakashi. He looked behind and Yami was hanging upside down from a branch.

'WHEN' Kakashi's eyes widened as he saw the Yami behind him looking at him with his cold blue eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well