Zabuza's Task

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on Webnovel. Give it a read and let me know if you like it.

-----------------------------------

"Hayate? As in the Referee of the Preliminaries?" Sasuke asked as he glanced at Kakashi.

"Yes...I know him and Yugio personally and they are friends of mine. So you can rest assured that Karin will be in good hands." Kakashi said as he patted Sasuke's head. Sasuke quickly slapped his hand as he felt embarrassed by his gesture. "I am not worried of anyone." Sasuke said in a tsuandare tone.

"Oh? Not even Yami?" Kakashi asked pointing at Yami who was standing near the kitchen counter pouring tea for himself. Sasuke turned toward Yami who was busy doing his own thing and then turned back at Kakashi and said "Him? Do you think I need to be worried about him?"

Kakashi chuckled and said "You are right about that." Karin who was just listening to all this quietly leaned forward and whispered "Is he really your younger brother? He doesn't look younger than you and me."

Sasuke wanted to answer in a normal tone but then he saw Kakashi lean forward toward Karin and whisper "You should know he can hear us even if we whisper."

Karin quickly sat back straight and Kakashi chuckled seeing that. He was having fun teasing the little girl. He then stood up and said "Sasuke go take Karin to meet Naruto and others. Introduce her to Shikamaru's team and Hinata's team. I am sure they will love to be friends with her."

Sasuke noticed that Kakashi glanced toward Yami while saying this. By this time Yami was looking at the trio and drinking his tea. 'Kakashi sensei must have something to talk with Yami which is why he is sending me and Karin away.' Sasuke thought and he was right. Just a few minutes ago Kakashi had found out that Yami was going into seclusion and Kakashi wanted to impart some words of wisdom to the 9-year-old.

After Karin and Sasuke left Kakashi said "I know you feel the need to grow stronger every moment but don't push yourself too much. You may not look and feel like it but you are still 9 years old."

Yami put his tea down and said "You want to know why I am going into seclusion? Then all you have to do is ask"

Kakashi was a little surprised by this seeing the usual secretive Yami ready to disclose something "Fine tell me then."

Yami shrugged and said "I wanted to try something for the past year and now I feel I have the required chakra and chakra control to do it."

"That answer was so not vague." Kakashi said making a mocking expression. He sighed and then said "Do you know what happened when you threatened Gaara with that sword strike?"

"No"

"That makes sense. It is never mentioned in any books or scrolls nor is it a jutsu. What you emitted was killing intent. Something that very few people can do. And by few people I mean, not even some Kages can do it. Is it said that during the times of the 1st and 2nd Hokage, they could release the killing intent that could make create waves of winds around them and could even make jonins drop on their knees. Even I can't do it and except Hokage sama, I don't think there is anyone who can do it."

Yami nodded and asked "Is there a way to master it?"

Kakashi shook his head and said "No...you need to figure it out on your own." Kakashi and Yami talked for a few more minutes and he left.

______________________________________________________________________

LAND OF WAVES

Under a small waterfall a figure could be seen sitting taking in the brunt of the heavy water. This was none other than Zabuza. He didn't have his sword near him but he did have a wooden sword of the same type kept on a dry rock to his side. On one side of the lake, Haku was playing with ice. Their life was rather peaceful since the incident that killed Gato.

Zabuza had anonymously left half of the wealth obtained to the village and he was living peacefully with Haku. Although life was peaceful he knew that reason for it was that Yami deemed him too weak to be of any use. This did make a dent on Zabuza's ego but he had no way to rebel as he knew what kind of a monster Yami was.

Zabuza glanced at Haku who looked very happy and peaceful. He was used to seeing Haku worried or nervous but now that they didn't do anything criminal and weren't bothered by the outside world, he seemed carefree. The next second he saw a fat bat form out of thin air and hanged on a tree branch. Zabuza could feel something in his bat tattoo and he understood that this is one of Yami's summons. He stood up and walked toward the fat bat. He saw a paper rolled and tied to his leg so he untied the paper. After reading the paper for a few minutes, He tore it and threw it in the water. He then looked back at the bat and the bat opened his mouth and spit a scroll. Zabuza looked at the scroll from different angles but didn't open it.

Haku noticed all this and walked near Zabuza and asked "Did Yami say anything?"

"Yes, he wants us to do something for him. " A little sadness flashed in Haku's eyes. He was satisfied with his life here in peace. He nervously looked at Zabuza and asked "Who do we have to kill?"

Zabuza chuckled and said "We don't have to kill anyone. He just wants us to deliver a letter to someone and we have to do it a month from now. No hurry but we will leave this place after a week or two so start making preparations." Haku felt a little relieved that this time they didn't have to take a life and do only menial tasks.

"Who do we have to meet?"

"One of the three legendary Sanin." Zabuza replied making Haku widen his eyes.

--------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.