Asuma's Helplessness

'I am sensing too many people on the top floor. Seems like that's where they have kept Hiruzen. Danzo's gloomy expression is because he must have seen that his best friend and biggest rival aren't dead yet. There is no chance that Orochimaru's plan was able to come this far without this man's help. I really want to go up to Danzo and ask him "WHY SO SERIOUSSSS ?" It would be so much fun.' Yami thought as he looked at Danzo.

Danzo was also able to sense a gaze on him but unfortunately, Yami wasn't the only one looking at Danzo. The other kids were also looking at him. They had never seen this man in their entire life so they were curious as to who he was. Danzo didn't look at Yami but glanced at Sasuke for a brief moment before looking forward and walking away.

"See even if he is injured so badly, he is working." Kiba said as if he was impressed. The other kids including Sasuke also nodded at this. Kakashi and Yami wanted to facepalm themselves seeing the kid's stupidity.

"Why isn't Hokage-sama kept in the hospital?" Yami asked.

Shizune looked at Yami with a moment of surprise on her face and then said "How did you...you must be a pretty good sensor ninja. The hospital has too many people and it gets hard to maintain security so it was decided to keep Lord 3rd in the Hokage building itself. As Lady Tsunade is here now, she had taken a room in this building while Jiraya-sama will be still in the village."

"With 2 legendary Sannins in the village, I don't think anyone will think about attacking us." Sakura said confidently. She had heard the stories of the legendary Sannins since she was little. Now when she knows that 2 of them are in the village and the casualties are very low, she was confident enough that no one would attack the village.

There was only 1 floor below the Hokage office. As they entered one of the rooms, they saw Tsunade sitting on the sofa with medical reports in front of her while Asuma was sitting on the sofa opposite her. As the group looked to the side, they also saw Team Asuma sitting on chairs in one corner. The room was wide and there wasn't much furniture in it.

Kurenai saw that Asuma just sat on the sofa looking down at the floor. She walked forward and sat beside Asuma. She held his hand and asked "How are you?"

For the first few seconds, Asuma didn't say anything and then said "I was outside the barrier and I couldn't help him. He was fighting with Lord 1st and 2nd alone."

Kurenai had never seen the laid-back Asuma in such a state. She knew that Asuma was blaming himself for not being able to break the barrier sooner and helping his father. The state he was currently in was not a secret to anyone in the room. Even most of the shinobis knew that the Hokage that went into a coma.

"Tsunade-sama, is there any way?" Asuma asked as he looked at the lady sitting in front of him with hope. Tsunade just sighed and said "I can't say for sure. His brain and spine have taken quite a hit. I don't know the technique he used to hurt Orochimaru but it has taken a toll on his physical body. For now, his condition is stabilized but I don't know how to improve it. I will need to perform certain things."

While Tsunade was holding the papers, Yami noticed that her hand were slightly shaking. This was the effect of her phobia as she was trying her hardest not to remember all the blood and death she saw today.

'I am impressed that she was able to fight even after having a phobia. But will this be enough?' Yami thought.

Tsunade then looked at Asuma and his students and asked "By the way, where is that idiot Jiraya? I was told that he was here and wanted to talk as well."

Shikamaru was the first to answer as he said "Jiraya-sama said that he was going to meet Naruto and he would be back soon."

'Naruto...isn't that the name of Kushina and Minato's son?' Tsunade thought and looked at Kakashi who understood what she wanted to ask and just subtly nodded.

'Grandma Mito I thought he was the last Uzumaki but today I saw a girl and she reminded me so much of Kushina. She seems to have a timid behavior or she was just scared of me.' Tsunade was lost in thought when there was a knock on the door.

"come in" Tsunade shouted and the door opened. It was an Anbu to come up with the latest report.

"I was waiting for you. Tell me any new updates?" Tsunade asked.

"Lady Tsunade, the council wants to set up a meeting today evening and they want you to attend it."

"Why would I want to sit with those old people?" Tsunade snorted.

'You are old too' was the thought in everyone's mind.

"What else?" she asked.

"The house of council elder is in a mess. The house has a lot of blood spread throughout the main hall but not a single dead body was recovered. There were two chairs in the middle with a woman's hand attached to the chair. Council elder Koharu is also missing and from the blood tests done it seems to be her hand."

This news made everyone widen their eyes. Tsunade and Asuma even stood from their seats.

"WHAT?" Tsunade asked in a loud voice.

"Y-Yes lady Tsunade. On the other chair, we did find some blood that matched elder Homura. It would be safe to say that they are both either fatally injured or dead. As for the blood in the hall, it belongs to more than 15 different people but we don't have any missing shinobis. Nor in the regular forces or the Anbus. 15 Shinobis is not a small number so it didn't take long for us to think that this blood could belong to the intruders. The 15 intruders must have died at the elders' hands and then the rest of the intruders must have tortured the elders. This is the current conclusion we have but..." the Anbu stopped explaining and looked at Tsunade.

"BUT WHAT???" Tsunade asked in a loud voice. She was not a woman who liked suspense.

----------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.