Plan A

"Neji will incapacitate the guards and seal their chakra points. Plan A has officially started" Yami said.

Yami too decided to enter the valley behind Kakashi. As he was going in, he sensed someone ahead of him. After a few seconds, the figure was clear and it was one of the guards that Yami had taken out. The only difference was that this one had a ribbon on his wrist.

Yami landed in front of the figure and said "Mr. Kakashi, were you able to figure out the inside terrain?"

This guard was none other than Kakashi who had used transformation jutsu so that he could openly explore the valley. The ribbon on the wrist is to show Yami and other shinobis that he is an ally.

"Yami you transform yourself into the other guard and explore this area. I am going ahead to the middle of the valley. Maybe I can find Shinzo there. Remember not to kill anyone. If you end up fighting anyone then use the flare so that everyone will know that Plan A has failed." Kakashi said to which Yami nodded. He performed some hand seals and transformed into the other guard.

Kakashi body flickered away and the transformed Yami was walking in the nearby tents. Most of the bandits were staying in tents that could fit 2-3 people. As Yami was walking around he heard someone coming from behind. He didn't have to hide or anything so he simply looked back. He saw a bandit almost drunk coming toward him. He had a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

"H-Hey... Genji what are you doing here?. I thought you were on guard duty today." the man said.

Yami was confused as he didn't know what to say.

'At least I know that the guard I am transformed in is named Genji.' Yami thought.

He looked at the drunk man who was standing right in front of him.

"Yes I was but I gave it to someone else." Yami said.

"You always do this and leave Daisuke to guard the borders with some newly recruited idiot...haha...Genji you bastard. Come let's have a drink. Others are also there and I heard that boss will be drinking with us as well." the man said.

'So the other guard's name is Daisuke. And what does this drunkard mean by the boss? I don't think he was talking about Shinzo. Seems like he was talking about the boss of this bandit group. I remember Baki told us that Shinzo controls 2 bandit groups. Let's see how the boss of the first bandit group is.'

"Okay let's go." Yami said and the man lead Yami to a group of tents. As Yami was getting close to the cluster of tents, he could hear many people's voices. The man along with Yami made his way through a couple of tents and both of them came into an open space among the tents. There was a campfire in the middle and 10-20 people were sitting on wooden logs around it. Among them was a burly man. He had a lot of jewelry around his neck and on his fingers.

He looked at Yami and the drunkard beside him and said "Haha...Genji, Eiko both of you bastards are late today."

'So this drunkard's name is Eiko.' Yami thought when Eiko said while patting Yami's shoulder "Boss I was drinking in my tent and Genji here was on guard duty but he gave it to some newbie."

The boss who was tipsy himself didn't give it much attention and said "I don't think anyone will have the guts to even come near the valley. Even those sand shinobis will run with tails between their legs if we attack them...haha"

Yami was going to say something but suddenly he heard a sound from inside the valley. Everyone turned their heads toward the middle section of the valley and saw a red flare go up in the sky. None of the bandits including their boss knew what this flare was for but Yami knew it very well because it symbolized the failure of Plan A and the commencement of Plan B.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback to an hour ago

Team Guy, Kakashi, Team Baki and the sand jonin were huddled together to listen to the plan Kakashi had in mind. None of the Shinobi present there had any doubt in Kakashi's abilities.

Kakashi looked at everyone who had a grimm expression on their face and said "As Yami said our priority should be to collect information so for that I have prepared Plan A. This plan is the safest and without any bloodshed. In this plan except me, Neji, and Yami, all of you will block the exits of the valley from a safe distance. Me and Yami will take care of the people near the bordering forest. Neji will follow us but he will be a pure scout. When we reach the border of the valley then Yami will incapacitate the guards from a single region and drag them to Neji. Neji you will block their chakra points and keep them hostage. When there is no guard in the single region I will enter the valley and Yami will follow me as well. We both will transform ourselves into the guards that Yami just kidnaped and then he will explore the areas near him and I will go deeper. To distinguish ourselves as transformed shinobi we will both wear ribbons on our wrist."

Baki listened to the plan quietly and it wouldn't be lie to say that he was impressed with how properly this plan was thought out. The sand Jonin was also impressed but he seemed to have some doubts about it so he said "Your entire plan A requires everyone to not even let them detect us nor can any of us fight. But what if something goes wrong and they find out that the valley has been infiltrated?"

Kakashi looked at everyone and confirmed that everyone had a small amount of doubt as well. Everyone here were shinobi and to tell them to do something without fighting or being detected wasn't an easy task.

Kakashi voice became serious as he said "That's when we start with PLAN B"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well