Doubtful Tsunade

"B-But none of the houses around the elder's house were attacked. It was like the elder's house was the only one targeted." the Anbu said with a little hesitation. The current conclusions they had drawn were just assumptions and didn't have any evidence to back up those claims.

"It is obvious that important people will be targeted during an attack." Tsunade said.

Kakashi quickly stepped forward and waved his hand toward the Anbu. The Anbu understood that this meant Kakashi himself will explain the entire situation.

"Lady Tsunade, the location of the higher-ups is very secretive and is only known to a selective Anbus and the other higher-ups. The attackers knew the address so precisely means that someone from the village leaked the information. And when they find the elders what would be the reason for killing them?" Kakashi said.

"You are right Kakashi. Kidnapping the elders would have given them a good bargaining chip. And they could torture and extract the information they wanted with loads of time on their hand. Tieing them to a chair and then interrogating the elders during an active attack is too much risk and completely unnecessary. The one who did this must be an idiot." Tsunade said as she was thinking about the whole thing.

A tick appeared on Yami's face as he heard the last part. He really wanted to smack his scabbard on the woman's head and yell that he didn't need any information.

"You are right Lady Tsunade." Kurenai said as she turned toward her "They had clearly made provisions for kidnapping. One of Orochimaru's men had kidnapped the eldest daughter of the Hyuga head. Luckily the guy was stopped in time." she said while glancing at Yami as said the last part.

Tsunade followed Kurenai's gaze and looked at Yami as well. She took a few steps forward at looked at Yami. To her Yami didn't look anything different but then her eyes fell on the Uchiha crest on his shirt.

"What is your name kid?" Tsunade asked.

"Yami Uchiha." Yami answered in a normal tone. She had seen every kind of people fawn over her either for her beauty or her strength. And if those two didn't change their opinion they being the granddaughter of the god of Shinobi did the trick.

'It doesn't look like the kid doesn't know about me. After all, he comes from the Uchiha clan. I guess it's just the Uchiha arrogance as always. The same thing that caused the downfall of his clan.' Tsunade thought.

"So Yami, can you tell me about the man who had managed to kidnap Hinata?"

"He came as a participant in the chunin exams and his name was Kabuto. He had information about the participants before the exam started and was openly revealing it." Yami replied.

"All right that's it for now. You kids go home for a few minutes and go out to help out in the village. Only the jonin instructors stay." Tsunade said. She didn't want much to be revealed in front of kids. The fact about the elders was already a big secret.

The kids nodded and left the room. They all wanted to go back home and check if their family is alright.

Tsunade looked at the Anbu and said "Put an Anbu behind every kid that just left." The Anbu was shocked when he heard this. The same situation followed the kids' Jonin instructors as well. They all felt that they had heard something wrong. Kakashi was going to ask her to repeat but Tsunade explained herself.

"The incident of the elders is a very big thing and needs to be kept secret. We already are almost sure now that there is someone from inside who helped Orochimaru or else such a large-scale invasion from the inside was impossible to occur. I want to see if those kids are trustworthy or not. I want kids who are loyal to the village and haven't been tainted by any of the higher-ups." Tsunade said.

'She said tainted as if she hates the higher-ups. I wonder what happened to her to feel like this.' Kurenai thought.

"Right now every one of those at the top will try to get to the seat of the Hokage. If the traitor gets what he wants we won't be able to do anything. The only reason now everyone is even listening to me is because I am the only one that can heal sensei and one of the two that can deal with an outside attack. But I don't think this will remain like this for longer. We need to find the traitor before all this happens. I wanted to stay away from all this but I was pulled back into this mess." Tsunade huffed and waved at the Anbu. The Anbu nodded and left the room as well.

______________________

Two days after the incident

Konoha Council Building.

In a big dark room, a group of people was sitting across a rectangular table. They all looked old. These were all the higher-ups. Even the youngest among them looked in his mid-forties. At one end of the table sat a fat man with a goatee. His fingers were full of shiny rings on them. At first look, anyone could understand that he is someone too rich. Danzo was also sitting at the table opposite to a man with long spiky white hair and a red tattoo on his face. This person was none other than Toad Sage Jiraya.

'Why is this fool here? Everyone is here to make such a difficult situation and he wasn't even invited until the last minute. Even after being on a bed as a cripple, Hiruzen had a way to screw me over.' Danzo scowled in his mind.

One of the other people sitting at the table looked at the fat man and said "Lord Daimyo, I thank you for providing the support and coming here personally for this event."

The fat man waved his hand and said "After that animal incident near the border everyone is on edge and at such a time an invasion occurs. This required my urgent attention. Why wouldn't I come?" Everyone nodded as they heard that and then the fat man looked at everyone around the table and asked

"So who will be the 5th Hokage?"

--------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.