The Greedy Attendant

'As one of the seven mist swordsmen, Zabuza must have a lot of knowledge about the inner workings and terrain of the hidden mist.' Yami thought as he walked into the forest. It was about to get dark so Yami decided to stay at a good place for the night. This forest didn't have many dangerous animals so he built a temporary place to sleep after eating some food he had already packed while coming.

The next morning Yami continued his journey and in a few hours, he came to a small village. The village was in a good condition as compared to other civilian villages. Yami decided to go to an inn and have lunch. After walking for a few minutes he came in front of a market with many small merchants selling different stuff like clothes, food, and toys. None of them included things like weapons.

'Things can't be this smooth without the help of someone strong.' Yami thought. He used his enhanced senses and found several Ahinobis disguised as beggars and vendors spread out throughout the village. He covered his head and half of his face with a dusty brown scarf. He looked around in the market and saw an inn called Sunrise inn. The inn didn't look too luxurious nor was it rundown so he decided to enter.

"Huh? Kid are you alone? This is the first time I am seeing you. Are you alone?" A man in his twenties wearing an apron asked. Yami looked at him and guessed that he must be one of the people tasked with seating the people and taking their orders.

"Yess...I am new here. Can I have a bowl of ramen and some pork buns?" Yami said while taking out a pouch of money from his pocket. The money was just change for Yami but for the attendant, it was a chance to quickly earn a payday.

He gave a big smile and said "Of course...why don't you come here with me, and I will get you seated and something to eat." He then looked back and signaled a kid to get ramen and pork buns. Yami made sure to not let anyone else see the money pouch or else many people would try to loot him. He could have gotten whatever information he wanted with the help of genjutsu but that could also attract unwanted attention. Yami believed that if some pieces of copper could do the trick then why take the risk to put someone in a genjutsu?

The attendant led Yami to a table at the corner of the inn. As Yami sat down he put the money pouch on the table and slid it slowly toward the man. The man stood in such a way that no one other than him and Yami could see the pouch. He picked it up and put it inside his pockets.

"Is there anything else you need?" the man asked with a cheeky smile with made Yami want to punch him in the nose.

"That's what the money was for. I want information about this village. How is it so prosperous and calm in spite of being so close to the sea? How do you deal with the pirates and what about any bandits are could be in the forest?" Yami asked. He was sure that someone must be protecting the village.

The attendant quickly raised his eyebrows and signaled Yami toh keep quiet "Shhh...don't ask this. Only troublemakers ask this. Luckily you are a kid or else you would be taken in for questioning if you ask around like this."

"What do you mean? Don't tell me the one protecting the town is a bandit itself." Yami whispered.

"No no...how could this be. How could this be Mr. Santo and his siblings are all from shinobis and they are the ones who have hired shinobis to keep this area peaceful. Though I don't know how long it will last." The attendant said.

'Santo? I never heard about someone like this in the canon.' Yami thought and asked "How is this Mr. Santo and why are you saying that the peace won't last long?" Yami asked. It came as a surprise to him that a group of shinobis was in the land of forests and the hidden leaf didn't know about it.

"Mr Santo and his siblings belong to the branch family of the Terumi clan. They are really powerful but tomorrow they will be leaving this village and going back to the main clan in the hidden mist. They said they will leave a few men to maintain order here but we don't feel safe from the pirates. Many merchants said that there are problems going on in the hidden mist so Mr. Santo and his siblings are going."

"I also want to go to the hidden mist so can you get me to work on their ship so that I can travel safely with them." Yami said. The attendant didn't find it suspicious as Yami was just a kid and it was obvious that everyone was scared of the pirates and wanted to travel with strong people on their ship.

"That's a hard task kid. You are not strong enough to even carry their crate of weapons." The attendant laughed.

'I should have used genjutsu and even make him see a nightmare.' Yami thought as he heard the attendant call him weak. He had never been called that not in this life or his previous.

Yami put his hand in his pocket and flashed another money pouch which made the attendant's eyes go wide. "hehe...kid you are too young to travel alone so this big brother of yours will get you to some something on Mr. Santo's ship. Meet me near the dock tomorrow morning at 5."

Yami nodded and handed the pouch to the attendant. The attendant took it and then said "This is lighter than the previous one." He basically wanted more money.

"After you get me onto their ship you will get the other half." Yami said and just then a woman brought the ramen bowl and pork buns. The attendant nodded and left immediately.

--------------------

To read 19 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.