Snake on my Tail

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

--------------------------------------

While Team 7 and the rest of Yami's squad were moving toward Karin, Yami was going into the deeper part of the jungle. On the way, he did come across some teams but they were too weak to even sense him so Yami just ignored them and moved forward. He wasn't using his full speed as he had to stop and sense his surroundings from time to time. For the last 2 times, he sensed that a powerful chakra signature was moving toward him swiftly. Whoever this person was also ignoring the squads that were in the way.

'This must be Orochimaru. He doesn't want to garner attention before getting to me. He knows the moment he releases his strength, Anko will notice it and bolt in his direction. I still don't know how Orochimaru knows where I am. Looks like my strength is nowhere good enough to tackle a legendary Sanin.' Yami thought as he was running. After a few seconds, he sensed that there were no teams present for a few kilometers around him.

'I will just pretend to stop here to eat. Orochimaru isn't idiotic enough to attack me blindly. He will most probably think I am luring him away from the teams and I have prepared an ambush. Or he will underestimate me and attack openly. I can't make up my mind unless I know whether he received my mission reports from Danzo or not. If he did then he will be cautious and if he didn't means that he didn't want to risk telling Danzo that he is interested in me.' Yami thought as he was a little confused. Yami was the kind of guy who didn't like not knowing things. All these years almost all the things that he had predicted happened. He never had to worry about losing against someone in terms of strength but Orochimaru was on a whole new level. Yami was sure that he was being tracked but he didn't have any idea how.

As he was thinking all this he sensed Orochimaru land on a tall tree a few meters from here. Yami had to try his best to remain calm in such a situation. Acting rashly could alert Orochimaru.

'My biggest advantage is Orochimaru will underestimate me and he doesn't want to kill me but wants my body.' Yami thought when he suddenly sensed two kunai coming his way.

Yami acted surprised and jumped back. He looked at the direction in which the kunai came.

"What are you doing here alone? You seem lost Yami Uchiha..sss..ss" Orochimaru said. He was still in the genin girl's form. Yami had no hurry to expose Orochimaru's identity so he decided to act as well.

"You are the girl who was spewing intent at me and my teammates earlier. Do we know each other?" Yami asked.

Waving his long tongue in the air Orochiamru replied "You don't know me but I know you very well. You have something that I want." Yami could sense Orochimaru's intent and desperation in his last sentence.

'Fucking Pedomaru wants my Sharingan eh...' Yami thought. He was about to ask more but he saw Orochimaru jump towards him.

Yami made a few hand seals and spewed a fireball jutsu at the snake.

"Fire style: Fireball Jutsu"

He knew that the fireball wouldn't do anything to a person like Orochimaru but it will surely block his vision. Seeing the fireball Orochimaru was impressed but he decided to go through it instead of dodging it. As he reached the center of the fireball he suddenly realized something.

"Why is this fireball so hot? It is actually making my skin feel a slight burning sensation. As I thought this kid isn't simple." Orochimaru muttered as he landed on the ground where Yami stood.

He looked in the direction he sensed Yami but he saw a sword come toward him at a fast pace. Orochimaru wanted to test the strength in Yami's sword attack but he didn't want to take the same risk he took during the fireball. He simply jumped up and stood on a branch.

Yami looked up toward Orochimaru and saw that the girl's skin had burned in many places and the pale Orochimaru's skin was visible. He decided to play the role of an innocent genin.

"What happened to your skin? and how did you not suffer any damage by my fireball?" Yami asked in a fake angry tone. He wanted Orochimaru to believe that Yami was still considering him a genin and seeing him bested Yami had lost his composure.

Seeing this Orochimaru couldn't help but be happier 'Just like I thought, he has the arrogance of an Uchiha in him. It will be way easier this way to make him a puppet that dances on my tunes and when the time comes I can transfer myself into his body.'

"Yami you haven't seen anything yet." Orochimaru provoked as he slammed his hands on the branch. Seeing this Yami didn't understand what kind of a jutsu Orochimaru was trying to do but then he sensed movement under him.

'This movement doesn't feel like an earth-style jutsu, it's more fluid.' Yami thought as he jumped back. As he managed to gain some distance, he saw a huge green-colored snake jump out of the ground.

"I didn't know you were a sensor." Orochimaru raised his eyebrows. Every move performed by Yami was making him happier every passing second. For a while, he was confused about which Uchiha to target as he had gotten the information that Sasuke was greedy for power to take revenge for his clan's extinction and Yami was the quiet one. But now he felt that he had made the right decision.

"Is this your summoning animal?" Yami asked Orochimaru with full knowledge that the snake wasn't but he had a part to play.

Orochimaru just shrugged while the snake rushed at Yami showing his fangs. Yami covered his blade with lightning chakra and rushed at the brown snake.

-------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am also writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' so please give it a read and shower some of those powerstones.

Discord link in synopsis