Meeting Hanabi

Discord Server:

https://discord.gg/kDGeXYwy

Link in synopsis.

______________________________________________________________________________

Yami chuckled when he read the note and said "This mission of yours is going to be anything but easy. You and Naruto are stronger than the canon so I hope you won't lose to Haku."

Yami took a bath and went to sleep. Due to the overly excited Might Guy and Lee, he and Neji couldn't take many rests. This didn't tire Yami physically but he was bored. In the past days, he tried many times to control the wind around him enough to give him flight but to no avail. In the past year, there weren't any major fights that Yami took part in. Hiruzen didn't even let any member of Team Guy get their names on the bingo book. But that didn't stop Yami from making any progress. The biggest progress for him was that he could now use those ankle weights at full capacity. Deactivating them and finding out his full speed was tempting for Yami but he had some self-control.

In the evening after waking up Yami ate some food and left the house. He went to the market to get some shurikens. Yami never gave much thought to using ninja tools like shuriken, kunai, and even explosive tags. As he was moving through the shops he saw that a new weapon and tools shop had opened up. Yami entered the shop and saw different types of tools and scrolls and tags.

As he went further inside the shop he saw a kunai kept on the counter. As he went closer he saw that the kunai had a pink ribbon grip and the loop of the kunai had a small toy attached to it.

'I have seen this kunai somewhere in the anime. I don't remember where though.' Yami thought when he suddenly heard a voice from behind him.

"Hey, that's my Kunai."

Yami turned back and saw that it was none other than Hanabi Hyuga. She wore a yellow kimono and had a mature demenor. Yami remembered that he had met a few years ago and she seemed very different from back then.

'Must be the burden of being the Patriarch's daughter and replacing Hinata as the clan heir.' Yami thought.

Hanabi looked at Yami and then she suddenly said "You are Yami Uchiha, aren't you?"

Yami didn't have any change in his expression as he said "Yes I am."

"You are in big brother Neji's team. Dad and Grandpa were talking about you." she said. She wanted to continue but the door of the shop opened again and 2 people walked in. Yami's looked ahead and saw these two people were none other than Kurenai and Hinata. As soon as Hinata saw Hanabi she walked up to her and said " Hanabi I was searching for you everywhere. Father agreed to you coming without a guard because I promised him that me and Kurenai sensei will be with you at all times. What are you doing here anyways?"

Hanabi turned around and glanced at Yami once before picking up the kunai from the counter. She then showed the kunai to Hinata and said "Look big sister Hinata my kunai looks so beautiful."

Kurenai chuckled hearing this while Hinata just gave a worrying smile and said "Hanabi, you can't treat ninja tools as toys." Hanabi pouted hearing this but continued to fiddle with the toy attached to the kunai.

Kurenai looked at Yami and said "Yami, I didn't expect to see you here. Are you here to buy something?" Hinata and Hanabi also looked at Yami.

Yami gave a small smile as he looked at Kurenai and said "Miss Kurenai I was here to buy some ninja tools. Especially kunais."

'I can use wind chakra on my sword but I am unable to wind chakra on throwing tools like Shuriken and kunais. Maybe I can hint her into convincing Asuma into showing me how to do it. If I ask Hiruzen then he won't deny my request but I don't want to owe that old man.' Yami thought.

"Oh you just wanted to refill your ninja tools arsenal?" Kurenai asked. Hinata was looking at Kurenai as she didn't know how her sensei knew Sasuke's little brother. This was her first time meeting Yami. Sasuke would never talk about him unless necessary and she had heard her father and Grandpa talk about him being in Neji's team and also him being stronger than Neji.

"Actually I am having problems using wind chakra on throwing tools so I thought I should come here and but some new ones." Yami said pointing to the kunais hanging in the shop.

'This kid is now trying to master shuriken jutsu. He never stops training, does he? Asuma is the best person to teach him about it. He won't say no if I ask and maybe I can use Yami to stimulate and encourage my team. Shino and Hinata have a big problem of motivation.' Kurenai thought. She turned to Yami and said

"What if I can help you with it?" Kurenai asked folding her hands.

'I hope whatever she wants from me isn't too time-consuming.' Yami thought.

"What do you have in mind, Miss Kurenai?"

"Sparr with my squad for today and I can get a friend of mine to teach you."

Yami acted like he was thinking and said "That sounds like a fair deal. Tell me where to meet you. I will come there in half an hour after I finish my shopping."

Kurenai nodded and said "Come to the forest at the back of my house. I train my squad there."

After saying that Kurenai left followed by Hinata and Hanabi. Hanabi turned back a couple of times to look at Yami.

'He is the same age as me but his height and looks are the same age as Big brother Neji. And his blue eyes look so good.' Hanabi thought as she left the tool shop.

'Ugh sparring with those weaklings is going to be boring. I also can't just knock them down in one hit or else Kurenai will have me fight them again till the day ends. But if I can learn how to apply wind chakra to tools then its worth it. I can use the same method to add lightning chakra increasing its speed and penetration ability making kunais and Senbon needles perfect assassination tools.' Yami thought as he continued browsing the ninja tools.

MC's current look (Courtesy of Daoist925726)

Write a review for this novel

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.