Hiruzen's Objective

Seeing Danzo as one of the supervisors Yami wasn't angry nor scared but he was excited. He couldn't wait to play with the one-eyed goat. For the past couple of years, Yami had waited for Danzo to make any move but seems like the warning given by Itachi was working.

At the supervisors' table Hiruzen, Danzo, and Iruka were sitting. Behind Danzo stood Shikaku and Yami's class teacher Tanaka along with light blue-haired Mizuki.

'As far as I remember the graduation exam had the students perform a clone technique. What would this goat gain by seeing me make a clone? Unless he isn't here to see my strength but to recruit me in the root so that he can have me killed during a mission and take my eyes.'

Yami came to his own conclusion while he was standing aside with his classmates. Yami could feel that the gazes of Hiruzen and Danzo were on him more than others. After a few minutes, Neji also stood in line with Yami and Tanaka came forward.

"Everyone today is your graduation day. Every year we only tell the students to perform the clone technique but this year Hokage sama himself with elder Danzo will conduct the graduation exam.

As Danzo heard that the prefix of his name was elder and not Hokage he gnashed his teeth. Hiruzen saw it but decided to ignore his foolish friend's behavior. Hiruzen stood up from his seat and said

"Kids the report given to me by your class teacher tells me that there are many talented individuals in this class so I thought to come and watch the new generation with my own eyes."

The kids were happy listening to Hiruzen praise them but Yami knew this old man could easily peek at the students through the crystal globe from his office. Some students were visibly nervous as they didn't expect the exam to become tougher at the last moment.

Hiruzen said a few more things to encourage the students which Yami didn't pay attention to. After a few minutes, Iruka announced how the exam will take place.

"First students will perform a clone technique, a transformation technique and at the end, you will perform 2 D-ranked jutsu or 1 C-ranked jutsu. This is for those who specialize in ninjutsu. For those who specialize in Taijutsu, they will have to spar with Tanaka and survive for 3 minutes."

Listening to the first part terrified Rock lee but hearing the last part made him more than happy. For now, he could only open the first gate but he was sure that he could survive 3 minutes against his class teacher.

The exam started one by one and the number of students failing was more than the ones in the past years. Shikaku bowed down bringing his mouth between Hiruzen's and Iruka's ear and said.

"To obtain our one objective we can't fail so many students Hokage-sama"

Hiruzen nodded and looked at Iruka and said "Iruka for now let the test go on as it is. Tomorrow organize the test for the ones that failed. I am pretty sure that our objective will complete today itself."

A smile appeared on Iruka's face as he heard Hiruzen's order. He was a bit disheartened seeing so many students fail because he knew the academy didn't push the students to match the performance required for today's test.

During Neji's exam, he chose the Taijutsu spar and fought with Tanaka for 3 minutes. Neji's gentle fist even managed to connect with Tanaka a couple of times. Though Tanaka didn't take much damage, the fierceness of Neji's gentle fist and revolving heaven made it clear to everyone why Neji was regarded as one of the strongest academy students.

'I have hardly seen any Hyuga with such a strong Kekkei Genkai. It's a shame that he isn't from the main clan.' Hiruzen thought while seeing how fluid Neji's moves were. He looked up toward Shikaku who nodded his head.

After a few more students gave their exams, it was Rock Lee's chance to shine. He was always regarded as somewhat of a failure among his peers because of his inability to use any kind of ninjutsu. This time there was a special exam for taijutsu users which soared Rock Lee's confidence.

As Rock lee started his fight with Tanaka he made full use of him having a smaller body than Tanaka. Although Tanaka was blocking the attacks, Rock Lee's speed was nothing to scoff at. At first, Tanaka was blocking the attacks but Rock Lee's kicks had such power behind them that Tanaka would feel a little pain and he was even pushed back a couple of times.

'Such strength in pure Taijutsu...Now that's not something I see every day. Even though he can't use ninjutsu, the will of fire burns brightly in this kid.' Hiruzen thought and he looked at Shikaku who nodded.

'This kid was trained by Might guy. I don't expect anything less from him' Shikaku thought.

In the end, Rock Lee was able to keep sparring even after 3 minutes. Tanaka couldn't push him enough to make Lee use the eight gates technique. After Rock lee was finished the next name that was called was Yami's. As Yami stood in front of the supervisors Hiruzen said

"Yami my son Asuma has informed me that you are good in genjutsu so would you like to take your test in genjutsu or any other type?"

'So Kurenai told Asuma about my genjutsu. Makes sense they have a thing going on. Using genjutsu now means they will know I have 2 tomoe Sharingan but I don't think it will hurt much. Danzo won't make a move while Itachi is alive. All he can do is keep an eye on me.'

"I would like to take the test in terms of genjutsu Hokage-sama."

Hiruzen looked at Mizuki nodded and went in front of Yami. Yami turned on his Sharingan which surprised the teachers as well as his classmates. They had never seen Yami use his Sharingan. Even while fighting Neji Yami never had to use his Sharingan.

Danzo looked at Yami's eyes with hidden lust while thinking 'I have to get my hands on them but Itachi and Hiruzen both want to protect both the Uchiha kids. Tsk...I will have some of my people keep an eye on him when he is out for missions.'

Danzo's face was calm as always but Yami could see the greed in his eyes.

'Danzo you can't even hide the greed and hatred in your eyes. I don't want to kill you and eradicate your root...I want to destroy each and every plan of yours and take over root for myself.'

-------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well