End of Preliminaries

After bashing Lee's head into the stage, Yami stood up. He looked at Lee who was coughing blood by now. Lee gritted his teeth trying to stop the cough and lift his hands and legs but his body won't listen to him. He looked to the side and spit all the blood that was in his mouth. He looked up and saw lightning-covered Yami standing beside him. Yami had deactivated his Sharingan. He understood that Lee's body had reached its limit and the fight was over.

He chuckled and said "It was a great fight but I still couldn't make you go all out." Sadness was evident in his voice when he said the last part. The entire hall was silent and so they could clearly hear what Lee just said. They felt pity for him. Some even thought that Yami should have used his sword after seeing Lee so hard.

Yami didn't reply to Lee as he didn't know what is the right thing to say. He decided to maintain his quiet demeanor which would be like saying 1000 words itself. Lee also fell unconscious shortly after saying what was in his mind the whole time. Guy and Kakashi jumped down to help out Lee. Some medical shinobis also approached with a stretcher. Yami dispersed the lightning cloak and claws and looked at Hayate.

Even after Lee had fallen unconscious, Hayate hadn't announced the result. The reason for that was he had completely forgotten that he was the referee. As the others watching the match, his attention was focused on Yami and the match. Even he knew that he or his peers wouldn't stand a chance. He had forgotten that he was comparing himself to a 9-year-old. But he understood that even though Yami is 9 years old, his body was way stronger than a full-grown adult. He wouldn't have been able to take Lee's kicks after he had opened the 5th gate and just dust it off like it was nothing.

"Hayate announce the result." Iruka nudged Hayate and broke him out of his stupor. Hayate quickly regained his composure and announced "Lee is unconscious and cannot fight anymore. The winner of this match is Yami Uchiha."

Hayate had expected Yami's friends to burst into cheer but they were all quiet. He then realized that Lee was also their friend. The genins who were standing near the railings had all once thought about surpassing Yami. They tried their hardest to train as well but now seeing him showcase his power like this, they felt that this was an impossible task. Even Sasuke and Neji didn't imagine that Yami would be capable of showcasing such power.

"I WILL DEFEAT YOU ONE DAY." A single shout came from the railings. Just hearing the voice Yami understood that it was Naruto. Even when he watched the anime in his previous life, Yami wondered how Naruto could stay positive after all that he has gone through.

Owww...

A punch landed on Naruto's head but like always it wasn't Sakura who punched him but Kiba. Naruto looked at Kiba and asked "Hey...what was that for?"

"Do you really think you can surpass that?" Kiba asked. He was already unhappy with how the match between him and Naruto had turned out and now Naruto had the gall to say that he will defeat Yami.

"You won against me because of pure luck. Next time we fight me and Akamaru will kick your ass " Kiba promised

"Woof WOof" Akarmaru also chimed in trying to look threatening.

Iruka who was standing beside Hiruzen sighed seeing the antics the kids of his class were doing.

"Silence everyone. Now that all the fights have finished, we will have the 3rd and final round which will be 1v1 matches as well. This round will take place one month later. The Preliminaries are now over." Iruka announced and the doors of the tower opened and people started exiting. Guy and Kakashi also came and stood in front of Yami. They had made sure that Lee's injuries aren't very serious.

Guy held both of Yami's shoulders and said "Yami I am so proud of you. I never thought I would have such strong students. And what was that jutsu? I didn't see you use it or even practice it."

Yami felt good that even after Lee was beaten and battered by Yami and was put in the hospital, he didn't seem to have any kind of grievance with Yami, in fact, he was genuinely happy.

'Wow, he really is the epitome of positivity just like that loudmouth.' Yami thought. Even in his previous life Yami never knew anyone who had such a pure and naive mind. No jealousy or any hostile feelings. Something like this is truly commendable.

"I created it as a trump card of mine so I decided to keep it a secret. Didn't think Lee would push me to use it." Yami said which for some reason made Guy happier.

"Haha...when Lee hears that you used your trump card to defeat him, he is going to forget all the pain he has suffered." Guy said as he showed Yami a thumbs up. Kakashi shook his head seeing his idiot friend behaving like this.

"Yami if you used your trump card then why didn't you use your sword?" Kakashi asked. Sasuke and Neji's ears perked as they heard that question. Even they wanted to know why Yami was so adamant about not using his sword.

Yami couldn't disclose the fact that he didn't have full control over his sword once the purple lightning shows up. He didn't want to mistakenly kill his own teammate. But saying the truth would surely make a joke out of him so he decided to whip up some lie.

"Fighting someone who excels in brute strength and speed with a sword would have been unfair. I wanted to face Lee head-on." Yami said which impressed those who heard him except the one that know him very well.

'He is someone who cares about winning and not how he wins.' Kakashi thought but he decided not to argue with Yami as he won't tell the truth no matter what.

---------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on webnovel. Give it a read and let me know how you like it.