Free Scroll

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

-------------------------------------

When everyone heard what Naruto just said they could agree that team 7 was stronger than many genins in the forest but there were some monsters in front of whom Naruto wouldn't stand a chance. Monsters like Yami and Gaara.

"Looks like you forgot that chop you got from Yami in the land of waves." Sakura said making Naruto's face turn red in embarrassment. He could never forget how humiliating it was for him to get knocked out instantly. And this happened when he was fully vigilant which means he couldn't even complain that Yami caught him off guard ho Yami performed a sneak attack.

"Ughh...why would you remind me of that Sakura?" Naruto looked at Sakura with puppy eyes. Sakura didn't spare him a glance and humphed as she looked away.

"Lee speak in proper context or you might end up creating more misunderstandings." Neji spoke as he shook his head. He regretted not starting to explain the matter himself. Leaving it to Lee turned out to be a big mistake.

Lee understood his mistake as he approached Naruto to apologize to him.

"I am sorry Naruto...what I meant to say is Yami sent us here. He told us that a girl named Karin Uzumaki is among the participants in this forest. She is also being bullied by her teammates." Lee clarified.

"What?? Another Uzumaki in this forest?" Naruto asked in a surprised tone. He did ask jiji (Hiruzen) but he said that Naruto was the last Uzumaki survivor.

"I thought the Uzumaki clan has gone extinct." Sakura said who was book worm in the academy.

"How does Yami know about this?" Sasuke asked. His question wasn't directed at Lee but at Neji.

Neji shrugged as he said "I don't know but he said that he came by this information just by coincidence."

"Then why didn't he tell Sasuke about it while they were coming to the academy this morning?" Sakura asked. She couldn't understand why Yami waited for the test to start. He could have easily told them this before the test had begun.

"I don't want to waste my time thinking about all that. Let's go and look for this girl." Naruto said looking at his teammates. He was eager to meet someone from his clan and wanted to know everything about the clan from her.

"Idiot...do you even know how she looks or what her name is?" Sakura asked frowningly as she looked at Naruto.

'Damm Sakura is scary when she gets angry.' Lee thought looking at the short-tempered girl.

"Her hair must be red...that's for sure. I remember reading that all Uzumakis have red hair." Sasuke said.

Hearing this Naruto unconsciously touched and looked at his hair. Seeing this Lee hesitated for a second and asked "Naruto why aren't your hair red?"

"I don't know. I will have to ask jiji about this. For now, let's stop wasting time and go meet this girl." He was slowly losing his patience and as his teammates, Sasuke and Sakura were well aware of that.

"Fine let's go...we have more than enough time to complete this test." Sasuke said.

"Don't you want the scroll these guys have?" Lee asked pointing toward the three mist genins.

"OH yes...I will check them quickly." Naruto said as he rushed to take their scroll. After searching the one on the ground he found the scroll. Naruto then saw that the 2 who were trapped under the tree had successfully freed themselves but they were so tired that they fell unconscious not far from there.

Naruto looked at Sasuke and said "This is an earth scroll. It is no use to us. We need a heaven scroll." with the earth scroll in his hand.

Sasuke looked at Neji but didn't say anything. Neji understood what he meant and turned toward Naruto "We'll take it."

"Ohh..so you guys have a heaven scroll." Naruto said with a smirk on his face.

"Do you want to fight for it?" Lee asked without thinking. His hands were itching for a fight.

'He is also a battle maniac like others...maybe even more.' Sakura thought seeing Lee's antics.

"Did you already forget what we came here for? We are only taking the scroll because getting one ourselves won't be much of a challenge but plain bullying. Us getting an earth scroll was only a matter of time." Neji said. He was someone who didn't like taking favors from others but he knew that this test wasn't anything where he needed to prove himself or even put much of an effort. Everyone who knew him and his squad were sure that all three of them will become chunins.

Naruto tossed the scroll toward Neji who stored it with the heaven scroll. Naruto refused to believe that he will be defeated by Neji or Lee but his current priority was to find the girl from his clan.

"How are we going to find her?" Sasuke asked.

"Yami didn't mention that." Lee shook his head and looked at Neji to see if his teammate has any idea to find the girl.

"Uzumaki clan members have a larger chakra pool compared to others. I can sense two more people with a large chakra pool compared to normal genins. One is too far and seems to be alone while the other one is a few kilometers away from us and is with 2 more genins.

"Let's go and find the one who's closer to us. It has two genins with it which could mean its the girl." Sakura said and Lee and Sasuke nodded.

Lee looked at the chakra pool which appeared far from him. He could see that it was the same direction Yami went in.

Sasuke was also lost in thought 'Why didn't Yami tell me this before? Did he have another motive of sending his team here with us?'

Suddenly both Neji and Sasuke looked at each other and thought the same thing.

'YAMI IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING BY HIMSELF AGAIN'

-------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am also writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' so please give it a read and shower some of those powerstones.

Discord link in synopsis