Pakura's Will

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on Webnovel. Give it a read and let me know if you like it.

-----------------------------------

Yami sat down and started reading the scorch-style scroll. At first, he didn't understand what was written. The only thing Pakura wrote about was using his fire and wind to their extreme and creating a form of stability between them to make it tangible. Yami tried mixing his air and fire a few times which ended up creating small fire tornados but he couldn't mix them properly.

'I should stop thinking like Pakura and form a theory of my own.' Yami thought.

Yami created a ball of fire and tried to cover it with the wind. The fire started flaming out of the sphere from time to time but Yami did his best to keep it inside the sphere. He then compressed the entire sphere. He felt some resistance from the fire but he could see that the red and yellowish fire was becoming yellowish. It had also started to become opaque.

Yami then compressed it more but the stability was lost and the entire sphere burst making Yami fall back.

"Ughh...I almost had it." Yami groaned as he saw the torches in the cave flicker due to the sudden burst of wind. He then stood up dusting his clothes and his sight landed on the ground around him. He saw that there were some patches where the ground had melted.

A smile appeared on Yami's face "Looks like I didn't fail completely. But the melting of the ground only means the fire was hotter than normal. Scorch style had the power to instantly vaporize the water content from anything is it the ground or a human body."

Yami understood that he had a long way to go. Pakura was able to create spheres of scorch style instantly. Yami lifted his arm to create another sphere but noticed that his kimono had small holes. They looked like they were burned. Yami had a doubt in his mind so he instantly removed his kimono and saw that some splashes of that condensed fire had fallen on him as well. He touched the skin where it had fallen and saw only the hair had burned. His skin was still normal. It hadn't even reddened in the slightest.

Yami was impressed by the fact that his own skin had become such strong. Where even the hard ground could melt, he didn't even feel a small amount of stinging pain from the splashes. Yami thought that he wasn't capable of feeling pain so he pinched himself hard and he was proved wrong.

He could feel pain but the one to inflict it must be as strong as Yami. Yami decided to take a rest for a few minutes and took out a lunchbox from a storage scroll. While he was eating, he was thinking of new ways to condense his fire more. One of the things that could prove as a challenge would be to make the spheres float around him as Pakura did. She had not written anything about it. Either there was another scroll for that or she was killed before she could write it down. This could mean that even Pakura believed that she hadn't completely mastered Scorch style.

Maybe I shouldn't try to make spheres like her. I have a chakra core which she didn't. Once my body gets used to creating the stability between fire and wind, I won't have to focus much.

For the next few hours, Yami kept trying. He did fail a few times but now creating the opaque fire required no more than 4 seconds. Yami also wanted to check the limit of his body so he decided to poke his finger into the sphere. Yami subconsciously reached out his left hand and touched the sphere. He expected a small amount of pain or at least a tingling sensation but what happened made him pull back his hand.

Just as Yami inserted his finger into the sphere of fire, the entire sphere turned black and was covered with dark purple flames. He didn't realize that his own eye turned black and the tattoo of devouring law on his eyeball also glowed dimly.

'What the heck' Yami thought as he was surprised. The devouring law never interfered with chakra then why now? He also felt his left eye was different and realized that it must be the black eyeball.

He had now started feeling the difference between when he had his normal eyes to when he had his Sharingan active but now this feeling of the black eyeball was totally different.

Yami tried a few times and after 30 minutes he was able to freely switch between his normal eyes, his Sharingan, and his black eyeball. Yami wanted to name the eyeball but he couldn't think of anything good.

[I have terrible naming sense so please do it for me. I might select one of your suggestions.]

Yami then activated his black eyeball and ignited fire in his hands. And just as he thought the fire wasn't black but purple. It looked back in the sphere because it was compressed.

Yami sighed as he said "And I thought I got Amaterasu. I wasn't that lucky."

Yami then compressed this purple fire of his and sure the stability formed instantly. He didn't even have to make much effort to maintain it. The only difference was that he could float those spheres in the air. They had to be on top of his palm. Yami moved his palm closer and circled his hand around the sphere as if holding a solid black ball. He felt that the chakra core was supplying chakra more efficiently as it connected the black ball through the skin pores.

Yami kept practicing like this for the next few weeks. He made sure not to over-exhaust himself. He had enough food packed to last 3 months so he didn't even feel the need to go out of the shrine. Yami had the habit of packing such supplies in large numbers while going on a mission and he figured that this may be the best use for them.

After 2 and a half weeks Yami who was sitting on the ground in the middle of the shrine opened his eyes one eye was the 3 tomoe Sharingan and the other one was the black eyeball with the devouring law tattoo glowing a little brighter than the first time he got it. Just then rustling sound could be heard behind Yami and four black tentacles appeared from behind his back.

Shhhhh.....

Just as one of the tentacles's edges touched the surface of the ground, a small but clean cut was created but this cut looked like the soil that hadn't melted but evaporated in an instant.

------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.