Yami's Return

I also wanted to ask if you guys want me to create a discord channel for this fanfic so that regular readers can chat with each other.

YES

NO

---------------------------------------

Kakashi's statement had all three of them confused. He knew that in the shinobi world Strength is everything then why did Kakashi say something like this.

They kept looking at their sensei for an answer and even Kakashi was lost in thought as to how he can explain it to these three kids. He cleared his throat and said

"You three need to understand that strength isn't everything. How you use it is also important. A strong Shinobi can defeat 10s of enemies while a smart one can defeat 100s of enemies. Yami's most deadly weapon is his mind and his way of thinking. Something like this can't be explained in mere words but needs to be experienced. Sasuke you may have fought with Yami numerous times but you both always fought as brothers never as enemies which is why you never saw the mind games he plays while fighting." Kakashi said but Naruto still had a confused expression as all this was just complex for him to understand.

Sasuke looked at the ground and said in a low voice "I did fight with him once as an enemy."

"Huh? you did?" Kakashi asked.

"What happened in that fight Sasuke? Who won?" Naruto asked. Sakura bonked his head hard and said "Idiot Yami won that's why Sasuke is mentioning it. Why did you have to rub it in?"

"What happened in that fight Sasuke?" Kakashi asked. He guessed something must have happened during that fight that made Sasuke look down.

Sasuke looked at his sensei and responded "Usually me and Yami used to spar purely with Taijutsu or Kenjutsu. We never had an actual fight where we can use whatever technique we want. So Once I asked him for a real fight. While we were fighting he had the upper hand and I could see he wasn't trying his best so I pulled out of my sword and tried to tackle him in close combat. He also did the same. By this time both of us had activated our Sharingan. After a couple of clashes between our sword I knew he was just deflecting my attacks and not attacking. But suddenly he vanished in front of me and the next second I saw he was behind me and his sword had pierced through my chest and I was looking down at the bloodied sword that was poking out of my chest." Sasuke said the last part in a low tone.

"WHATTT" Sakura shouted. She never expected such an ending. Even Naruto yelled out

"HOW CAN HE DO THIS TO YOU?"

Kakashi's eyes widened for a second but he quickly gained his composure and said "Naruto calm down. Let Sasuke finish first."

Sasuke nodded and said "I was gonna ask him why but the next second the pain in my chest disappeared and he was casually sitting on a stone near me and his sword was in his sheath."

Naruto was confused hearing that and looked at Kakashi and asked "Kakashi sensei what is he saying?"

"He means Yami put him in a genjutsu."

"OHH" Both Sakura and Naruto said.

"You should have been aware of his genjutsu Sasuke. You shouldn't have looked in his eyes while fighting." Kakashi said.

Sasuke looked up and said "I know that and I did just that. I didn't look him in the eye from the moment he activated his Sharingan."

"Eh? Then how did he put you in a genjutsu?" Sakura asked and even Kakashi and Naruto had the same question.

Sasuke looked at the three of them and hesitated for a second before saying "While our swords clashed I was looking at his sword and he reflected his eyes on the mirror-like surface of his sword and put me in a genjutsu without me even realizing."

Sakura and Naruto were stunned to hear that. Kakashi took a few seconds to respond as he said

"I expect nothing less from your brother. Now you understand what I mean by his mind is the deadliest weapon he has?"

All three genins nodded at that. The example given by Sasuke proved how Yami can get to you without even knowing. It also taught them that one needs to make and change their strategies mid-fight and even find the appropriate time to execute their plans. Kakashi knew that Naruto and Sakura are simple-minded and to some extent, even Sasuke is one of them.

"Now stop thinking so much. You guys have just graduated yesterday. Taking all of it in together will feel a burden so take it slowly over time and continue practicing. Maybe one day you can surpass him." Kakashi said and hearing that Naruto who was in deep thought instantly looked up with wide eyes and said

"Are you telling the truth Kakashi sensei? We can also become strong?"

"Of course Naruto everyone can. Now let's go and train." Kakashi said and the whole Team 7 started their routine practice.

6 few days later--------------------------------------------------------------

At the gates of Konoha, 4 people were walking. These were Team 9 of the hidden leaf also known as Team Guy. As they entered the gate they saw that the village had the normal hustle-bustle going on.

"At last, we are back in the village after another successful mission." Rock lee said while throwing his hands up in the air. The mission they performed this time was hella boring and they didn't face any enemies.

"Yess Lee another success for TEAM GUY" Might Guy shouted.

"Sensei if there isn't anything else can we go home?" Yami asked.

Guy looked at Yami and said "I don't see why not. I will submit the report to Hokage-sama. There is practically nothing to add to it. You guys go take a day off. We will meet the day after tomorrow for training."

Yami and Neji both nodded and left for their respective houses. Yami had received the report of the past few days from his 2nd clone and there wasn't anything much to report. The clone only told him that Naruto stealing the scroll was covered up and team 7 had gone for a mission.

As Yami entered his house he saw a small paper on the table. He picked it up and it read

'Yami I am going on my first mission to the land of waves. I will be back in a few days.'

Write a review for this novel and drop some power stones.

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Discord Server:

https://discord.gg/kDGeXYwy

Link of both in the synopsis as well.