The Final Round Part 2

As the audience saw this they were a little surprised. Yami had just used a jutsu by just waving his hands. He didn't perform any hand seals or even say the name of his jutsu. Sakura, Neji, and Sasuke had seen him use this on the bridge in the land of waves so they didn't react much.

Temari who was standing with Baki and Kankuro said "That wind jutsu was stronger than my own strongest jutsu." She had a worried look on her face. She just realized that the kid who was nearly 4-5 years younger than her could defeat her just by waving his hand. Kankuro assured her as he patted her shoulder "Don't worry. Something like this is not enough to defeat Gaara. Even Yami's entire lightning cloak won't be enough to defeat him."

Baki nodded at Kankuro's words as he said "He is right Temari. The power of the tailed beast cannot be rivaled by normal jutsus. No matter how much Yami tries, it is fruitless." Temari gained back the lost confidence hearing the words of her brother and jonin instructor.

Back at the arena, seeing that his spikes had failed to reach Yami, Gaara made some movements with his hands which made all the sand rotate around him, and in front of everyone's eyes 3 copies of Gaara made of sand stood in front of Yami. Yami knew that these clones are to fight but trap and slow him down so he rushed with his lightning sword. The three clones stood together to stop him but Yami suddenly body flickered and appeared above Gaara. Due to the fine sand floating in the air, Gaara spotted Yami quickly and looked up. He was about to send some of his sand upwards toward Yami thinking that Yami won't be able to dodge mid-air but Yami spewed a large fireball from his mouth. The fireball was large enough that Gaara knew he couldn't dodge and escape it. His only solution was to take the sand from the clones and create a shield for himself. He created a thick dome around himself to protect him but Yami expected this outcome. As soon as Yami landed on the ground he noticed that some particles of sand had fused with each other.

Gaara opened a small hole in the dome to see the outside but what he saw was Yami making the same hand signs again. 'Does he think his fireball can do anything to me?' Gaara thought. According to him he had taken Yami's attack head-on and was unscathed. He thought Yami would try using his lightning now but that was what Yami wanted him to think. That's the reason he used lightning on his sword from the very start to keep Gaara under the impression that Yami is going to depend on his lightning jutsus and especially his sword and lightning cloak. Yami spewed another fireball at the dome but this one was different than the previous one. This time Gaara was landlocked in the dome so Yami didn't need to make too big of a fireball. Yami focused on the temperature of the fire. The fire continued to come out of Yami's mouth and he even walked closer to the dome. Gaara didn't know much from the inside but he could feel that his control over the sand had reduced and he was sweating like hell on the inside.

'Does Yami want to roast him or something?' Neji thought. When he lost the fight he had gone to see Hiashi and the elder. Surprisingly they praised him saying that he fought well and told him to think of ways to defeat Gaara if they ever come in front of each other as opponents. Neji knew that the hidden leaf wasn't on too much of friendly terms with the hidden sand so this could be a possible occurrence in the future. But even after racking his brain for a few weeks, Neji couldn't figure out a strategy to defeat Gaara.

"Look at the dome...some parts are falling off from it." Ino said pointing at the dome and everyone's attention was focused on it as well. She was right due to extreme heat, the particles of sand started fusing with each other. The biggest problem for Gaara was that he wasn't able to control these fused particles. Now that Yami had used fire on his sand for an extended period of time, the sand had formed small shells on the dome and due to not being in Gaara's control, they would fall on the ground. Yami kept spewing fire for 30-40 seconds. He then stopped and looked at the hot red dome with a smile on his face. Everyone knew why that smile was plastered on his face. More than half of Gaara's sand and turned into those shells and lay around the dome. The sand left with Gaara was too less for him to maintain the dome.

Inside the dome, Gaara felt like he had been boiled alive. Just due to the heat, burn marks appeared on his skin. As the fire stopped Gaara sighed as he figured Yami also had a limit as to how much time he can spew fire. He lowered the dome and looked at the smiling Yami. He was surprised when he saw that Yami hadn't broken a sweat even after doing this much.

On the other hand, everyone was shocked to see the burns on Gaara's body. His hands, legs, and even his face. Gaara touched one of the burns and the pain was clearly visible on his face. Gaara then looked around and saw that 70% of his sand wasn't sand anymore. Yami who was someone from the modern world knew very well that if a fire is stronger than 3000F can turn sand into glass. His fire can't reach such a high temperature but when applied continuously, it can do the work halfway.

Gaara pointed his palm toward one of the shells trying to control it but to his surprise, the semi-glass material didn't respond to him at all. Gaara looked in the front toward Yami but Yami had vanished and the next second a sword was slashed on his back. Blood spurted out of Gaara's back as he dropped to his knees. He had never expected such a sudden attack to come from Yami. This is the first time Gaara was injured and to such an extent. Who could have thought that the one who was never injured in a B-rank mission could be on his knees with a bloodied back?

-------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://pareon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.