Team 7 Assesment

Before Sasuke could even answer Sakura's question Ino shouted from behind.

"Haha...Billboard Sakura our Jonin instructor is Hokage-sama's son? He will train us and makes us stronger than your team." Ino wasn't a fangirl of Sasuke like in that canon. She didn't have any problem openly flaming him now. She wouldn't do it directly as she still had a crush on Yami.

Sakura had a sour face when she heard that. She looked at Sasuke for some hope. Sasuke tried to ignore the 2 girls' antics but he sighed and then looked at the sad Sakura and then at Ino who had puffed her chest and was smirking. He said while raising one eyebrow

"Yami practices Ninjutsu with Kakashi Hatake almost 3-4 times a week. Do you still think he is weak?"

Hearing this the smirk on Ino's face froze. She didn't know what to say. Sakura instantly stood up with a bright smile and wide eyes. She then looked at Sasuke for confirmation and then at Ino and said "What do you have to say now, huh Ino-pig? Do you dare say that Yami practices with a weak jonin instructor?"

'No...Yami would never practice with someone weak. Does that mean her jonin instructor is really strong? I can't insult Yami's intelligence to get a one-up over this forehead girl. Hmph, I will get back to you for this Billboard.' Ino thought as she simply snorted at Sakura and turned back to sit back in her seat.

Things kept going on like the canon for the next few days. Kakashi had his students take the bell test but this time Naruto and Sasuke's teamwork was way better than the canon. Sakura truly realized how weak she was. Kakashi was also impressed by seeing Naruto and Sasuke's strength.

After the bell test finished all three genins were sitting under a tree. They were extremely tired. They had some bruises around their body as seeing their strength Kakashi decided to go a little harder on them. Looking at the three of them Kakashi said

"Congrats all three of you pass. I wanted to see if you guys have good teamwork and consider me impressed. Now I will give you three individual assessment." Kakashi let his team first enjoy the happiness that they had passed the test and were finally a squad. Kakashi then looked at Sakura and said

"Sakura you must have realized that you are the weakest link here. We will find out what type of fighting suits you the best and then start training in that direction." Next, he looked at Sasuke and said "You are already close to chunin level but you need to be more fluid and switch between your styles quickly when the situation demands. You should know when to use Kenjutsu or when to switch to Shurikenjutsu or when to use ninjutsu. You will gain that understanding through experience."

Lastly, he looked at Naruto who was still happy about passing the test. Kakashi said

"Naruto you have a lot of chakra so you need to take advantage of that. You need to increase your chakra control. You have progressed for the past years because of your spars with Sasuke but now the progress has slowed down."

Naruto stretched his fist up and said "Yes Kakashi sensei I will do it and become more powerful than jiji."

Sasuke stood up and asked "Kakashi sensei can I ask something?"

Kakashi raised his eyebrows and said "Of course Kakashi, you are my student."

Sasuke hesitated a little and even looked at his teammates, making them more confused. He then looked at Kakashi and asked "You have seen my strength now and you know my brother's strength. What can you say when you compare the two of us?"

Sakura looked up at Sasuke and said "Sasuke why are you asking such a question. He is your younger brother and I don't think there is much difference."

Sasuke looked at Sakura and was going to say something but Kakashi said "No you are wrong Sakura." This made Sakura and Sasuke both look at Kakashi. Even the empty-headed Naruto looked at Kakashi and asked "What do you mean by that Kakashi Sensei?"

Kakashi sighed and then said "I don't know how to say this but I have never seen your brother use his full strength but I have seen enough to tell you that his strength is already Jonin level or even above that."

Hearing this the eyes of the three genin widened. Sakura stuttered as she said "B-But how is this possible K-Kakashi sensei? I-Isn't Yami just 9 years old?"

Sasuke clenched his fists and looked at Kakashi as if he was suppressing his anger and said "Sensei are you telling me his strength is close to what Itachi had when he was 9 years old?"

Kakashi shook his head sideways and said "Yami is stronger than 9 years old Itachi and Yami's skills are more diverse. Yami is good in Genjutsu, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu and, of course Taijutsu as the village's top Taijutsu specialist is his Sensei. And don't forget you Uchihas are well known for your talent in Shurikenjutsu so I guess he is good at using it too."

"Wow, Yami really is stronger than us. I guess I will have to beat him as well." Naruto said with a smirk. Sakura could only facepalm herself after listening to the loudmouth.

Sasuke also looked like he was trying to digest what Kakashi has just told him. He wasn't jealous but he could see that first he needs to surpass his younger brother in strength and then he can think about fighting and killing his older brother. On the other hand, Sasuke was glad that he won't have to hold himself back in training to protect his kid brother and that he can focus on his life's goal.

Sasuke looked at Kakashi with newfound determination and said "Naruto is right. I guess we just have to do missions and gain experience to increase our strength."

Kakashi gave a worrying smile under the mask and said "Sasuke Yami's techniques aren't the ones that make him so strong."

Write a review for this novel and drop some power stones.

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.