Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

I can feel warmth spreading in my heart at his word. I smile and nod my head. "Okay..." I said, in a hush voice. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Can't Be Picky-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just sitting in the treehouse with my back against the wall. Senku have built it well, it manage to hold the weight of 3 people. Speaking of him... he stays true to his words. While trying his best to find out the formula of the revival fluid. He's also trying non-stop to find a solution for my condition.

It makes me feel bad that I'm making him worried about more things, when he should have focused more on restoring civilization. Why did I have to be sick at this time???

I let out a sigh and close my eyes. "I'm so useless..." I muttered, feeling angry and disappointed at myself. "Why would you say that about yourself?" Someone said, making me jump. I open my eyes and turn my head to see Senku standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Uh... but it's true, isn't it? We should work hard to revive every human. But instead of being helpful. I ended up being sick... adding more burden to your shoulders" I said. He let out a sigh and kneels down in front of me.

"It's not your fault to be sick, Y/N. You didn't want to be sick... you didn't get sick on purpose. So stop blaming yourself. I'm your friend. So it's my job to make sure you're better" he said. I smile softly at his words. Friend... that's all I'll ever be to you, huh? But I'm happy that I get to be around him even if it's just as friends.

"Thank you, Senku..." I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles back. "Here... I made some herb medicine from the ingredients I found in the forest. It should help your throat" he said, handing me a small cup. I take it from him. I normally don't like herb medicine because of their smell and taste. But in this kind of situation, I can't be picky.

I take a sniff and gagged. "It stinks..." I said, while covering my nose. The color kind of reminds me of the one a character of a show made.

If Senku is inspired from that

If Senku is inspired from that... that means this is... oh my God. Ewww!!!

Senku let out a chuckle at my reaction. "I know. But this is all we have now. Come on, Y/N... just drink it slowly..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. I take a deep breath and slowly drink it.

"Water... water..." I said, as soon as I finished the drink. Senku let out a laugh and hands me another cup filled with water. I take it from him and start to drink.

"Thanks..." I said, after I finish drinking the water. I take a couple of deep breath. "I think I feel a little better..." I said. I can't believe it actually worked. I want to ask what's in it... but I think it's better if I don't know.

Senku smiles at what I said. "I'm glad..." he said. I smile softly at him. "How's the revival fluid going?" I asked. He let out a sigh and take a seat next to me. "I have been trying... but so far, we made no progress" he said.

"You're a genius, Senku... I'm sure you'll figure something out..." I said. He just smiles at my word. Then I remember something.

"Where's Taiju? I haven't seen him since I woke up" I said. "He's looking for more food... it'll take him a while" he said, as he rubs his neck. He cracks his neck which makes me wince.

"Don't do that, Senku... it's not good for you" I said. He turns to look at me. "Sorry... my neck just felt so stiff. A little part of it is still petrified" he said. He turns his head slightly to let me see that he have a small part that still have stone in it.

The curtain moves as Taiju makes his way inside. I turn to look at him and smiles. He places the basket he have in front of us. "Welcome back, Taiju" I said. He smiles and sits crossed leg in front of us.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" He said. "I'm okay... Senku gave me herb medicine. Hopefully, I'll be better soon" I said. He raise an eyebrow at what I said. "Herb? I thought you hated herb?" He said. I let out a sigh and shrugs my shoulders.

"Don't have much of a choice, do we? There are no proper doctor in the Stone World" I said. He hums softly. I turn my head to look at Senku as he start to check what Taiju have gathered.

"Amanita Virosa: Poisonous..." he said, as he pulls out some sort of mushroom. He tosses it aside. He picks out another one. It have the color red with white polka dots.

"Amanita Muscaria: Poisonous..." he said. He turns to look at Taiju, who looks clueless. "You couldn't tell this one was bad? We played Mario Kart before. Buna Shimeji: Edible. Mugwart: Edible..." he said as he starts to inspect the others.

He picks out another plan. "Munkshood?! Who are you trying to kill, you moron" He said. I jump at his sudden outburst. I turn to look at Taiju as he just blinks his eyes. He really didn't know much about these.

"Take it easy on him, Senku... that's why we're here to tell him what's safe and what's not" I said, trying to stop myself from laughing. Senku let out a sigh. "Your cousin can be an idiot sometimes..." he said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

***

A week have passed according to Senku. I feel a lot better. I'm able to walk around. But Senku still didn't let me do any work. He's said he's worried that my health might drop again. So he made sure to not let me do anything, while him and Taiju will work on the revival fluid.

I'm sitting by the tree as I watch the two boys keep trying to figure out the secret formula of the revival fluid. I'm impressed at how strong-willed Senku is being. Even after a lot of errors, he still wouldn't give up. His determination and passion for what he love is what makes me fall for him.

But I have to keep reminding myself that Senku already have someone he loves. I have to remind myself that I need to keep my distance. I have to get rid of this feelings so I won't stand in the way. He have to chase his happiness... even if it's not me.

*to be continued*