Chapter 59

Previously on Chapter 58

This time I can't hold in my tears. I let them fall from my eyes. Senku wraps his arms around me  as I start to cry. I'm sure the girl can hear my voice from the other side of the line.

-I Swear-

Y/N P.O.V

After a while of crying, I finally calmed down. I pull away from Senku and wipes my tears. "You good?" He said. I smile softly at him and turn my head to the speaker cone.

"I'm sorry I that started crying out of nowhere. I just need to let go for a bit. But everything I said earlier is true. I wanted to be a musician. Heck... even before this whole petrification thing happens, I was going to perform, and it was suppose to be my first biggest performance... and yet I never had the chance to be on that stage because of the mysterious light that turned all of us into stones. But my dreams never changed even after thousands of years. I still wished to be a musician... with the help of science. I'm sure we'd be able to achieve that. I'm sure of it. Just so you know... I have a guitar! Can you believe that??" I said.

A guitar? In the stone world?? You're lying again, are you? She said. I can clearly hear the doubt in her voice. "What? No! Absolutely not. I'll go and grab it now..." I said.

I grab the guitar which is near me. I take a seat in front of the speaker cone. "Can anything aside from a real guitar produce this sound?" I said. I start to strum the string to produce a random sound.

Okay... I believe you now... she said. "It's been my dream to be a musician. Not just guitar. I've master all kinds of instruments. Don't ask me how I learned them... it's a long story. Just remember this, okay? I may not be as good as Lillian ever was. But I swear... I'll bring back modern music. The musics that will inspire people... and make their days better" I said.

Can you... sing a song for me right now? She said. I blink in surprise, completely not expecting the girl to suddenly request a song from me. I just smile soon after.

"Of course... this is a song that I've been working on for a while. It's not as good as Lillian's. But I will try my best to make better music. So uhh... enjoy" I said. I adjust the guitar and start to play the song.

When your feet are made of stone
You're convinced that you're all alone
Look at the stars instead of the dark
You'll find your heart shines like the sun
Let's not let our anger get us lost
And the need to be right comes at way too high a cost
That's when love can build a bridge of light
That's what turns the wrongs all right
That's when you know it's worth the fight
That's when love turns nighttime into day
That's when loneliness goes away,
That's why you gotta be strong tonight
'Cause only love can build us a bridge of light

The song eventually comes to an end. "There... not the best song. But that's all I've got for now. I'll try my best in the future to make better music" I said, laughing sheepishly.

No... that's perfect. You're really talented, Y/N... she said. I just smile softly at her compliment. Even though she can't see it. I'm grateful for what she said.

"Thank you. And just so you know... the village we're in. They're the descendant of Lillian Weinberg. Her DNA runs through their veins. We have to protect them. We can't let Tsukasa take away their home and we need your help... well, all the help we can get" I said. She stays silent for a while, as if trying to decide whether to believe me on that or not. I let out a sigh.

"We also have a song... the last song of Lillian's. It was left in the village's cemetery in a form of a time capsule. I figured you'd want to listen" I said, in a soft tone.

I turn to Senku and nod my head. He starts to play the record, which instantly plays Lillian's singing. I close my eyes, enjoying the sound.

This is a science question the girl said, after Lillian's song is over. "Yes? What is it?" I said. Could you use your power to bring back Lillian's other songs? She said.

"Yes! Senku-Chan! You have to say yes!" Gen said, as happiness is evident in his voice. I let out a sigh and shakes my head. I know even though Gen try to make Senku say yes... he wouldn't. The last thing he'd do is lie about science.

"No way in hell. All those wimpy recording mediums have turned to dust, ten billion percent" Senku said. I smile softly, already knowing he's going to say that.

You're pretty awkward, aren't you? I could tell right away. You're always honest about science. It's something to have faith in... I might fall in love with you the girl said. Senku's face turned pale at what she said.

"No, seriously, don't. Plus... I'm already married to the girl you've been having a chat with" Senku said. I blush at what he said. He lets out a chuckle at my reaction.

What?! Y/N and Senku are married?! How?!! Why wasn't I invited?! Taiju's voice suddenly booms from the other side of the line, the loudness of his voice startles the three of us.

"Taiju..." I said, while a bead of sweat starts rolling down the side of my head. I clear my throat. I turn to Senku and nudge his rib. He turns to look at me and I give him a look. He let out a chuckle.

"Okay, anyway... I need to protect this record with my life in order to trick Tsukasa's troop and bring them to our side. And you want to preserve the song, even if it kills you" Senku said. "We're on the same team now, right... uhhhh?" I said.

Nikki... you can call me Nikki. And all right. We have a deal. I'll cooperate with your plan! She said. I let out a sigh of relief and turns to Senku to give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me, returning the gestures. We have successfully made an ally!

*to be continued*