Chapter 55

Previously on Chapter 54

It seems like Gen is planning to use the record as an authentication. Then he'll mimic Lillian to convince the people who sided Tsukasa to turn sides. It's risky... but it's worth trying. You know what they say... sometimes lying is better if it have a good reason.

-Delivering-

Y/N P.O.V

We're gathering in one place, because we have a matter to discuss. I stand next to Senku. "All right, we're all set. We have three tasks forces: Chrome on engineering, Magma on transporting the cell phone, and Gen on navigation" he said. Kohaku walks up to him.

"There's just one big problem... the Tsukasa army scout; Homura. Judging on the lack of snow on the branches on that hill, I'm pretty sure she's watching from there" she said, pointing at a certain direction.

"You can see that?!" Ginro said, staring at her with a shock expression. "Of course not" Kinro said. Senku crosses his arms. "That would be a good route. It's a straight line from here to the Tsukasa Empire..." he said.

"But of course... we have to do something about this Homura girl. If only we can just catch her... it will be a lot easier. But it's going to be hard, seeing how she is an expert in gymnastics. If she finds out we have a cell phone as a counter attack. It'll be game over for the Kingdom of Science" I said, worriedly. Senku turns to look at me and grin. He gently ruffles my hair.

"No problem. I have got everything planned. We're going to lure Homura to the other side using a super science gadget" he said. Chrome tilts his head at what he said. "Super science gadget?" He said, in a questioning tone. Senku turns to look at him.

"If you run electricity through water, it boils up hydrogen and oxygen. The mixed gas you get out of it is called a detonating gas. Put it in a balloon, like one made out of a deer's bladder, and you've got a wimpy bomb that makes an insanely loud noise. In other words, a sonic bomb" he said. I hum softly at what he said.

"That sounds insane and impossible to happen in this stone world... but since it's you we're talking about. It should be easy" I said. Senku smiles and place a soft kiss on the side of my head. "Very easy indeed..." he said. I just smile and wrap my arm around his torso.

***

Senku and I work together to hide the sonic bomb. We hide ourselves underneath a blanket that protect us from the snow and the harsh cold weather. Senku turns to look at me.

"Ready?" He said. I smile and nod my head. "Ready" I said. "All right, time for our preemptive strike" he said. I cover my ears as Senku pressed the trigger. I flinch when the bombs goes off, a loud explosion can be heard. It's bound to be heard by Homura. She'll be coming here anytime now.

"Now go! The other side!" I said. Senku grins at me. "It's the final battle versus the Tsukasa Empire... the beginning of stone war. This is exhilarating" he said. I just grin and nod my head.

I stand up to my feet. "It's time we catch Homura" I said. He nods his head and stands up too. He hands me a pair of goggles. I grab it and place it over my head. We start to run towards where Senku predict Homura will appear.

He was right, we can see Homura jumping from tree to tree above us. He runs forward and throws the gadget into the air. I quickly put on my goggles.

"Aren't you curious? Scoop your eyes out and take a good look. The level 2 science surprise gadget: the flare" Senku said, as he proceed to cover his eyes using his goggles. Through the hole of the goggles, I can see slight lights going off. I wait for it to end, and take off the goggles.

Homura falls onto the ground. Senku is quick to pin her down against the snow. I just grin proudly at my husband's accomplishments.

Homura tilts her head to look at Senku, who's sitting on her leg. "Watch where you're touching me..." she said. Senku smirks at what she said. "Think about who you're trying to pull that trick on. Once we're done building civilization, I'll play the pure, innocent boy all you want. Besides... why would I want you. I have myself the most wonderful wife" he said, while gesturing towards me. I blush deeply at what he said.

"Seriously, at a time like this? You can still sneak in some flirty comment towards me" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. He let out a chuckle as Homura huffed. I can see realization reflecting in her eyes. She forcefully stands up, which makes Senku fall off her back.

I click my tongue in annoyance. I rush towards her. She flips forward and I do the same, which makes me jump on the same height as her. I grab her arm and pinned her on the ground.

"You're not the only one who have learned about gymnastics. Stop resisting... or I'll have to make you paralyzed" I said, smirking at her. She eventually manage to push me off her, kicking me behind my leg which sends me off balance. She stomps on my elbow, earning a loud crack. I let out a scream at what she did. She have dislocated my elbow joints.

"Y/N!" Senku yelled. He rushes towards me and kneels down. He helps me sits up and check my elbow. He looks worried at the sight. He turns to look at me.

"We're gonna have to pop it back in place..." he said. I nod my head at what he said. "Do it..." I said. "Just hang in there okay?" He said. "I'll be fine. I've dealt with injuries worse than this..." I said. He nods his head. In one swift move, he manage to pop my elbow back in place. I let out a pained cry at the sudden pain.

Senku wrap his arm around me. "Shh... it's okay..." he said. I lean my head on his shoulder. "Sorry I failed to catch her..." I said. He feel him shakes his head. "You did your best..." he whispered in a soft tone.

Homura stares at each one of us. "Kinro. Ginro. Y/N. Kohaku. Suika. Kaseki. Jasper. Kokuyo. Turquoise. Mantle. Argo" she said, eyeing each one of us. "How did you know our names??" I said. "It seems that's how thoroughly she's been observing us" Kaseki said. I can see Homura's eyes widened. She quickly turns around and runs off.

"She must have figured out that Chrome and the cell phone team are on the move" Kinro notes. "This is bad!" Ginro said. I let out a frustrated sighs. Why did I have to be injured at a time like this?! This sucks!

I turn my head to look at Kohaku, the only other girl who's fast. But she's also exposed to the flare. I'm sure her sight are still flickering from the light. I stand up and try to move my arm. It still hurts, but not so much.

"Don't force it..." Senku said. I turn to look at him and smile, as he stares at me with a worried gaze. "It's fine. I'll get better in a bit. Like I said, the harsh training I used to endure makes me a fast healer" I said. He just sighs softly.

We must catch Homura before she finds out about our plan, and about the cell phone. That cell phone is our only hope at turning the table and win the war.

*to be continued*