Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

"Winner: Chrome!!" Jasper said. Everyone broke into a cheer and starts to celebrate it. Now it's just me, Chrome and Senku. We win! We did it!!! Just a few more round, and it's victory!

-Final Round-

Y/N P.O.V

"Next round, Senku VS Y/N!" Jasper said. My eyes widened. I did not think this through. I forgot that I'm going to face Senku at some point. Senku leans over to me.

"Just hit me... I'll pretend to lose" he whispers. I turn to look at him and nods my head. I pull away from him. I take a step forward, but my knees gives up on me. I fall on my knees.

"I can't..." I said, shaking my head. Senku rushes to my side. He kneels down next to me as he helps me sit up. "Y/N. I thought you said you're okay!" He said, panic is evident in his voice. I just give him a weak smile.

"Due to Y/N being unable to fight. Senku wins this round! Next fight, Senku VS Chrome" Jasper said. Senku turns to Kohaku. "I'm leaving her to you..." he said. Kohaku nods her head. She walks over to me and sling my arm around her shoulder. She helps me stands up and walks to the others.

"Thank you, Y/N... if it weren't for you. We would've lost. Now it's just Senku and Chrome, both are on our side. We've won" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her and smile softly.

Senku walks over to Chrome. Senku starts poking hin. "Now it's just us. I just have to pretend to lose and you can marry Ruri. Come on and..." he said, stopping mid-sentence, when Chrome didn't move.

"Um, he's conked out..." Suika said, patting his head. Everyone's eyes widened when we realize what that means. I feel my heart tightens painfully against my chest.

Jasper let out a sigh. "The new village chief, the husband of the priestess... is the winner of the Grand Bout, Senku!" He said. Everyone gasps at what he said. Senku looks dumbfounded and shocked.

He turns to look at me. I just stare at him as a tear fall from my eyes. It had to be done. Only the winner get the alcohols.

If I'm the one who wins, the whole Grand Bout will have to be redone. I guess it can't be avoided. I just give him a pained smile and nod my head. He gives me a sad smile and turn to old chief.

"So, I just have to marry Ruri and this entire village is mine, right?" He said. He walks towards Ruri, as I watch them. "I'll do it, then..." he said. Kohaku is still supporting me up.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N..." she said. I shake my head and look down. "It had to be done..." I said. My voice is barely above whisper as I start to breathe heavily. My vision gets even more blurry as the headache in my head starts to intensify. My arm slip off Kohaku's shoulder and I fall on the ground.

"Y/N!!" Someone yelled out. But the voice isn't clear, so I don't know who it is. I just close my eyes, letting the darkness consumes me.

***

I slowly open my eyes and realize I'm inside Senku's lab. I wince in pain as I hold my head. I slowly turn my head and stand up. I walk outside as everyone is gathering.

"It's done!" Senku said, holding something in his hand. "What is done?" I said. He turns around and notices me. His eyes widened at the sight of me. He quickly hands whatever he's holding to Chrome and rushes towards me.

"Y/N... thank goodness you're okay..." he said. He wraps his arms around me. I just stand still, still like a board as reality dawned upon me. Senku isn't mine anymore... he's married to Ruri.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. I gently place my hand on his shoulder and pulls him off me. He stares at me in confusion. "What's wrong?" He asked. I shake my head and give him a small smile.

"Nothing... congratulation on your marriage, Senku" I said, looking away from him. I hear Senku let out a laugh, but I just keep looking at anywhere but him. I feel a gentle pat on my forehead. I turn to look at Senku to see his hand is raised. The back of his hand is facing me.

"Marriage? What marriage?" He said. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You and Ruri. Who's else?" I said, frowning. He just shakes his head at what I said.

"Did I... say something wrong?" I said, confused. I look around, trying to see if someone can give me an answer. "He divorced her..." Kohaku said. My eyes widened.

"Seriously?" I said, staring at her in shock. I feel a hand on the side of my cheek. I turn to look at Senku who stares at me with a soft gaze. He smiles softly at me.

"Do you really think, I'd stay married to a girl I don't love?" He asked. I just stare at him, not knowing what to say. He let out a chuckle and gently caress my cheek. He leans down, placing his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Y/N... you and only you..." he said. He lift his other hand and cups my cheeks. He leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips. I just close my eyes, kissing him back.

We pull away after a while. He keeps me in his arms. "I won't be with anyone else... I just want to be with you. You're the only one I'll ever love, Y/N" he said, tightening his arms around me.

I let out a soft sob, as I slowly wrap my arms around his torso. Tears slowly streams down my cheeks. I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

I really thought I will lose him for someone else. "I love you, Senku... so much" I said, tightening my arms around him. He runs his hand through my hair.

He pulls away and cups my cheeks, wiping away the tears from my eyes. "I love you too, Y/N" he said. He gently place a soft kiss on my forehead.

He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes. Then he pulls me into another embrace. I smile softly as I return his hug, hugging him tightly. I'm happy... so happy that Senku is still with me. He didn't choose another girl. He's still mine.

*to be continued*