Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

I can't believe how long it has been since the day I woke up from petrification... and now here we are, celebrating the first Christmas in the Stone Age. On top of that... I get to celebrate it with Senku. It's truly a blessing.

-Pure Happiness-

Y/N P.O.V

I keep staring at the huge tree in awe. It's beautiful... truly breathtaking. I can't believe Senku able to keep up and knows exactly what day it is. He's a genius... what do I expect?

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Senku. "I have a surprise for you, Y/N..." he said. I stare at him in surprise. "What is it?" I asked. He let out a laugh.

"Wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. Just close your eyes" he said. I roll my eyes, but obliged. I close my eyes with my hands. I hear rustling coming around me.

"What's that? I swear Senku... don't you dare scare me!" I said. I can hear Senku laughing. "No... why would I? You're going to love this, Y/N. Trust me" he said. I just decide to trust Senku. He never lies.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I said. I feel something pressed against my back. Then a pair of hands reach around my body, grabbing both of my hands. I know it's Senku from the way his body felt against mine. He gently removes my hands from my eyes. "You can look now..." he said, in a soft voice. I slowly open my eyes and gasp.

Kohaku is standing in front of me, with something in her hands. A gasp escape my lips as I stare at the object in amazement. I around to look at Senku, who is staring at me with a smile.

"A guitar? Really?! You made me a guitar, Senku?" I said. He smiles and nods his head. Senku wraps his arm around my shoulder. He place a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"I know this guitar is really simple... but-" I cut Senku off, by throwing my arms around his neck. "It's everything! Thank you, Senku!!" I said, happily. He let out a soft laugh and wraps his arms around me.

I pull away from Senku and take the guitar from Kohaku. It may be simple. But in a stone world like this. This guitar is precious.

"What are you waiting for, Y/N? Test it out

"What are you waiting for, Y/N? Test it out... try to sing too if you don't mind" Senku said. I turn to look at him. "Sing?? You know I can't sing" I said. "You won't know if you don't try. You want to bring back modern music, right. So you have to sing too" he said. I hesitate a little. But nod my head. I gently position the guitar and start to play a soft music.

You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie
I'll tell you how I almost died
While you're bringing me back to life
I just wanna live in this moment forever
'Cause I'm afraid that living couldn't get any better
Started giving up on the word "forever"
Until you gave up heaven so we could be together

I turn to look at Senku as I start to play the chorus part. I smile softly at him. He blushes a little and smiles back at me.

You're my angel
Angel baby, angel
You're my angel, baby
Baby, you're my angel
Angel baby

Soon the song comes to an end. I take a few deep breath to calm my nerve. I smile shyly at the others. They just stares at me.

"Was it that bad?" I said. They snap out of their daze and starts cheering while clapping. "Is that what's music is?! That's awesome!" Chrome said. Senku walks over to me.

"I thought you said you can't sing? Doesn't look like it to me" he said. I just smile shyly at him. He smiles and place a soft kiss on my forehead. "It's amazing... we'll surely bring modern music" he said. I smile and hugs him again.

"Oh... I almost forgot. Here... I also made you guitar pick" he said, handing me the pick. I gently take it from him. "Thanks... I rarely use it though. But I'll keep it. Wait... there's something written on it..." I said, realizing there's some writing.

I squint my eyes, trying to read it. But since it's tiny, it makes it hard to read. "Not a problem. Here... you can use magnifying glass" Chrome said, handing me the magnifying glass. I take it from him and move it above the writings.

My eyes widened as soon as those words leaves my mouth

My eyes widened as soon as those words leaves my mouth. I turn to look at Senku. He gently grab my free hand. He lift it up and place the palm of my hand against his chest. I can feel his heart beating at a rapid pace, as he stares at me expectantly.

"Will you marry me, Y/N?" He said. My eyes starts to tear up. I smile happily and nod my head. "Yes... of course, yes!!" I said. His eyes widened at what I said. He starts to grin and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him and hugs him back. 

"You know... this is sort of not fair" I said, pulling away from Senku. "Why?" He said. "You got me such a wonderful gift. But I got nothing for you..." I said. He let out a laugh.

"Y/N... you silly girl. I never expect anything from you. Just you being yourself is all I could ever ask for. You and your love for me is all that I need" he said. I can feel my heart melting because of his sweet words.

"Why are you crying?" He said, cupping my cheeks while panicking slightly. I shake my head, placing my hands on top of his. "I'm not crying, Senku. It's happy tears... I'm so happy. I've never felt such pure happiness, and it's all because of you..." I said. He let out soft sigh and smiles at me. He leans his forehead against mine.

Jasper walks over to us and drape a long flower necklace around the two of us. The other starts throwing flowers over our heads, while cheering happily.

"Congratulation to the newly wedded couple! Chief Senku and his wife, Y/N!" Chrome yelled out at top of his lungs. Everyone cheers louder at what he said. I just smile and turn to look at Senku. He smiles and tuck a strand piece of hair behind my ear.

"You're my wife now... I'm sorry there's no official wedding" he said. I nod my head, still smiling. "We have a war with Tsukasa to focus. It's okay if there's no celebration. We can party all we want once the war is over..." I said. He smiles and nods his head in agreement.

"You're amazing..." he said. "So are you..." I said. He smiles and pulls me into a soft kiss. I don't care if there's no celebration. What's most important to me right now is that Senku and I are officially married.

*to be continued*

Love Is Science (Ishigami Senku X Reader) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara