Chapter 52

Previously on Chapter 51

I feel my tears slowly streams down my cheeks at the sound of her voice. I never thought that I'd be able to hear her voice again. I thought everything is gone. I can't believe this... it's really her voice.

-A Promise To Keep-

Y/N P.O.V

After the song is over, everyone is in tears. Senku turn to look at me and smiles softly. He walks up to me and cups my cheeks. He gently wipe away the tears.

"Song..." Ruri said. "But it's too pretty" Suika said. "It's a voice of an angel" Kaseki said. I just smile at their words. Ginro is crying too... he tried to speak, but ended up speaking nonsense.

"Lilian-Chan was one of the top singers of your age. Imagine that being the first song you hear" Gen said. "It's not the first... the first song we heard is Y/N's singing" Kohaku said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "But I'm not as good as Lillian. I still have a lot to learn" I said, laughing sheepishly.

"Oh, man... two billion years of humanity. Oh, man!" Chrome said. He turns to look at me. "Was there all kinds of awesome music like this in the past?" He said.

I nod my head, smiling softly. "Of course... all kinds of different genres..." I said. Senku wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Musics not the only one. We have all different kinds of entertainments. Games, TV, comics, movies... we'll bring it all back. And as for music... we already have the star right here with us" he said, ruffling my hair as he said the last part. I blush at what he said.

"Yess!! Let's bring it all back!!" Chrome said. All of the villagers cheers at top of their lungs, excited. I smile at their excitement and turn to look at Senku. Senku walks towards the record to turn it off. But it starts making a sound again, just as he's about to turn it off. He furrows his eyebrows.

"Wait... there's more message" he said. He place his hand on the desk instead. I stand next to him as I wait for the next message to play.

This next message will be for Senku's ear only... as it is a private matters. I'm sure Senku would know what I'm about to say... Byakuya's voice said. Ruri quickly told everyone to leave with her. I was about to walk away, but a hand grab my wrist. I turn my head to look at Senku.

"What? He said you're the only one who can listen" I said. "It involves you... believe me. Just stay here" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. We take a seat by a chair as the record start playing.

Is everyone left? Okay... Senku. We both know that you're the type of guy who rarely shows any kind of interest when it comes to love and a girl. If by any chance... you have already found the girl for you. Please make sure she's listening to this too he said. Senku turns to me and smiles.

"Told you so..." he said. I just smile softly at him. I turn to look at the record player, waiting to hear what Byakuya have to say for me... or as he said, Senku's lover.

I may not know your name. So I'm just going to call you, daughter... because you're going to marry my son. So daughter, I only have one request from you. Please take care of Senku, now that I'm not by his side anymore. Senku and I may not be related by blood... but I love him as if he were my own. So I entrusted him to you. Please love him with all of your heart. Stay by his side and don't ever leave him. Can you promise me that, daughter? Oh... and also... I want a lot of grandchildren! Okay! Byee~ the record ends just like that. I can feel my cheeks burning because of what he said at the end.

"That was... so random" I said. Senku let out a soft chuckle. He turns to look at me. "That's just how my dad is..." he said, while gently tucking a strand hair behind my ear.

"I promise to you... to your dad. That I'll always be by your side. I'll always be with you until the day I stopped breathing. That's a promise to keep. Now and for the rest of my life. I love you Senku..." I said. He smiles and cups my cheeks.

"I love you too, Y/N... I'll hold onto that promise of yours" he said, leaning his forehead against mine. I smile and closes my eyes. I can feel him leaning in, and something gently pressed against my lips. I kiss him back softly.

He pulls away and smirk at me. "And about my dad's last request..." he said. I stare at him in confusion for a few seconds, trying to figure out what he meant. I try to recall what his father said in the record. My eyes widened. I start to blush as soon as I realize.

"Senku!!" I said, hitting his chest. He burst out into a fit of laughter. "Oh, Y/N... you should've seen your face. Not right now, of course. We have a war to take care of. Maybe somewhere in the near future after we've settled down the war between us and Tsukasa" he said. I let out a huff and nod my head.

"Damn, Senku... I didn't know you had it in you to be that bold" I said. He chuckles and nuzzles his nose with mine. "You bring out the new sides of me that I didn't even know exist. So, you just have to learn to get used to it... because there's more to that where that came from" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. I cover my mouth as I start to yawn softly.

"Are you tired?" He asked. I place my head on his shoulder. "Mm hmm..." I said, nodding my head. He reaches down and place his hand behind my knees, the other one supporting my back. He gently pick me up in his arms.

"Let's head back..." he said. I just nod my head. My arms automatically went around his neck. He starts to walk towards observatory for the night, since we want to have some quality time... just the two of us, alone.

Soon we reach the observatory. Senku gently place me on my feet because we need to climb the ladder. I slowly climb up the ladder and wait for him. He close the door.

We lay out the blanket for the two of us. Senku lay down and turn to me. "Come here..." he said. I crawl next to him and lay down, my body facing him. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close to his side.

"Sleep well, Y/N.. I love you, so much" he said. I pull away slightly, and place a soft kiss on his cheek. "I love you too, Senku" I said. He place a soft peck on my lips and pulls me closer. I snuggle closer to his chest.

He place a gentle kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly to myself and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep. I promise, Byakuya-San. I promise that I will always stay by Senku's side... always.

*to be continued*