Chapter 54

Previously on Chapter 53

Senku just rarely shows his emotions. He just hid them really well. But I can always see through him. That's how much we connect to one another... that is how much I love him.

-Lying For Something Better-

Y/N P.O.V

I just sit in front of the fire, letting my body warm up on the warmth the fire provides. Senku's still sitting next to me, with his arm around my shoulder. I just stare at the fire, thinking of what is going to happen soon. The battle is approaching. It can't be avoided anymore.

Suddenly, I can hear a familiar voice. The song Lillian left in the recording with Senku's father, and the rest of the survivors. I turn my head slightly and notice the kids gathering around the record player. They seem to be so engrossed with the song. The sight of their happy smiles makes me smile softly.

"It's become the official background music. Amazing, huh? Lillian-Chan, the world's diva. Everyone's in love, even in this age" Gen said. I smile softly and nod my head in agreement.

"Her voice is so beautiful. Even after hearing it so many times" Ruri said. "Yeah... she's the reason why I chose to be a musician. I'll try my best to create the best music there is... for everyone to listen to. But of course, I won't be as good as Lillian ever was" I said. I flinch when I feel something flicking my forehead. I turn my head to see Senku, with his hand mid-air. I instantly know that he's the one who flicked me.

"What are you talking about, Y/N? You're already an excellent singer. And the help of science... we'll surely bring back all the modern music. 10 billion percent" he said, making me smile softly at him. I place a soft kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Senku..." I said. He smiles and pulls me closer.

***

It's nighttime. Everyone has fallen asleep, except for me and Senku. We're currently in the observatory. I sit down by the window, staring out at the night sky which is decorated by billions of twinkling stars.

"Y/N..." Senku said. I turn my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I said. Senku turns his head to look at me. "You should head to sleep... it's getting really late" he said. I frown at what he said.

"What about you?" I asked. He shakes his head. "I've got a lot of things on my mind. I won't be able to fall asleep anytime soon. But you need to sleep" he said. I shake my head and walk around the telescope. I wrap my arms around his torso from behind. I lean my head against his back.

"Then I'll be staying here..." I said. He let out a sigh, but didn't say anything. He knows he can't change my mind, given that the two of us is stubborn when we have our minds set on something. We know that very well.

"Senku..." I said. He respond with a hum. I lean up, so my lips is right next to his ear. "Someone's here with us..." I said. He knows how sharp my senses are, given the fact that I use to be an assassin.

"Come out already... what do you want?" He said. I turn my head and see Gen walking up. "Heya... I'm just testing Y/N's senses. But boy, she can sense me. Even when I tried my best to stay complete quiet" he said.

"Why are you here? And knowing you... whatever it is you're planning must be full of mischief" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He let out a chuckle at what I said. "Oh, you know me so well, Y/N-Chan~. I'm touched..." he said. I just chuckle in amusement at what he said.

"So, what skeevy plan do you have in mind? And why did you chose to talk about it in the middle of the night like this?" I said, crossing my arms. "I don't want the innocent heart to hear. Like Kinro-Chan and Kokuyo-Chan... honestly, I don't want to involve you either. Since you're pretty much still innocent. So I waited until you leave. But you're so stubborn in wanting to keep your husband company. My single ass couldn't relate..." he said. I just hum softly and motion him to start talking.

"You sure about that? Me... innocent? Buddy, I've killed more people than you ever have. Wait... you've never killed anyone. I'm not that innocent" I said, as I let out a soft snigger. He just nods his head.

"Oh... yeah. I completely forgot about that one. You just have such an innocent face. Who would have thought that you used to be a cold-hearted assassin" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"Enough about that. Just get on with what plan you have in mind" I said. He let out a laugh. "My my... aren't you getting impatient?" He said. I walk up to him and glare coldly into his eyes.

"Don't... mock... me" I hissed. He gulps and laughs nervously. I just let out a chuckle and take a few steps backward. "Looks like I still got it..." I said, smirking to myself.

It's true that I never wanted to be an assassin in the first place. But it's something I have to accept. I was an assassin... I've killed people. I have to embrace that fact, only then I can be true to myself.

"W-Well... all we need is the record and a pair of phones. If it works out, we can actually save seven billion people in a bloodless siege on the Tsukasa Empire. But if God happens to be watching, Ishigami Senku, L/N Y/N and Asagiri Gen are going to hell together" he said. I let out a laugh at what he said.

"Yeah... like that will change anything for me. I'm already destined for hell since the day I became an assassin" I said. Senku turns to look at me. "You're not an assassin anymore, Y/N..." he said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him.

"It can't change the fact that I've killed people in the past, Senku. I must embrace that reality... so I can stay true to myself" I said. He just gives me a small smile, knowing what I said is true.

"Quiz time! The secret to Tsukasa-chan's empire. What's the unifying force that brings them together?A: Food. B: Hot chicks. C: Tsukasa-chan himself" Gen said.

"Obviously, C..." Senku said. "Ding ding ding! Ten billion points!" Gen said. I hum softly and gesture Gen to keep talking about this plan of his.

"Tsukasa-chan's always been a popular figure, with
his "strongest high school primate" title" he said. I nod my head. "Yeah... he always seem to have a way to earn respects from people. Go on" I said.

"Which means that, in order to break them apart, we just need someone as famous and popular as Tsukasa-chan" he said. I stare at him in confusion. "And your plan is?" I asked. He smirks and place his finger on his throat. For some reason, his hair seem to grow longer and turned blond.

"Hi! I'm Lillian Weinberg!" He said, in a feminine voice. My eyes widened as Senku choked on his own spit. Gen grins widely at us. He returns to his normal appearance.

It seems like Gen is planning to use the record as an authentication. Then he'll mimic Lillian to convince the people who sided Tsukasa to turn sides. It's risky... but it's worth trying. You know what they say... sometimes lying is better if it have a good reason.

*to be continued*