Chapter 39

Previously on Chapter 38

"Why are you getting flustered with your boyfriend, Y/N?" He said. I puffed out my cheeks. "Don't tease me!" I said. "Fine... I won't. For now~" he said, with a smirk. I roll my eyes. He chuckles and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back. God... I love this man so much.

-Thread Of Gold-

Y/N P.O.V

Everyone seem to be enjoying the cotton candy. I just smile softly at their reaction. "They've never had any actual candy, huh?" Gen said, breaking me out of my thought. I turn my head to look at him.

"It's just cotton candy, but for someone's who never had it before, it must be a mind-blowing pleasure-able drug" Senku said. I nod my head in agreement. I remember the first time I had candy. It was so addicting, that I kept asking for more.

Gen smiles at what he said. "Gotta thank Homura-Chan for making the materials for us by making that fire, huh?" He said. He take a bite from his cotton candy and hum softly.

"Gen... do you know what kind of woman Homura is?" Senku said. Ginro hears this and rushes over to Senku, nudging him repeatedly. "What's going on? Do you get curious about girls too, Senku? Do you have a thing for petite girls?" He said, in a teasing tone. I notice the girls eavesdropping.

"No, I don't think that's what he meant..." Chrome said. "You guys don't know Senku very well" Kohaku said. Senku pushes Ginro away from him.

"They're right. Why would I have interest in that chick. I already have Y/N... we're being watched. All of us by that Homura chick" Senku said. Everyone went silent by what he said.

Senku decided to give the cotton candy to Homura. If she's truly watching us, she'll inform Tsukasa that we're making cotton candy. After all, candies can be very tempting. We might be able to make the people who sides Tsukasa change their minds into joining the Kingdom of Science.

***

I let out a nervous laugh when Senku and Gen makes Ginro play along with a role play with them. They're acting like a food critic while trying the cotton candy. Ginro is acting like the chef of the cotton candy.

"I'll work harder next time!" Ginro said. He soon realize what's actually going on. He stands up and slams his imaginary hat on the ground. "Wait no! You just made me go along with a meme! Who cares about how well balance the cotton candy is?!" He yelled. I cover my mouth as I start laughing at their little argument.

"You guys got the word 'meme,' huh? Was that in the hundred tales?" Gen said. Senku walks towards me. He out a sigh. "Damn it, my dad is such a joke" he said. I frown and nudge his rib. He flinched and turn to look at me.

"He's still your dad, Senku. You need to respect him. You're lucky to still have a father. I had no one, but my brother. But I lost him because of Hyoga" I said, looking down."Okay. I'm sorry, Y/N" he said. I turn to him and just smile softly at him. He gently pulls me into a hug.

"Do we really have to waste so much time?! Tsukasa-kun's gonna be here before our phone is done!" Ginro said, making me pull away from Senku. Senku turns to him and grin. "Relax. We're discussing a serious matter" he said.

"The flavor of cotton candy?" Kohaku said. "No... the texture. If the cotton candy ends up being a bunch of clumps, so will the gold wire" I said. "Oh that makes sense! Man, good thing we tested with cotton candy first, huh?" Gen said. I nod my head with a grin.

"Yeah..." Senku said, walking towards the machine. I walk towards him and place my hands on my knees, letting me lean down slightly. "What should we do now?" I asked. He turns to look at me. "We have to figure out what's causing the clump before we throw in the gold" he said. I hum and nod my head. I turn to look at Ginro and Kinro.

"Come on, boys. Do your thing!" I said. They both nod their heads and start to pull on the ropes. Senku and Chrome stares intently, trying to figure out what makes the sugar starts clumping up.

"There!" Chrome said, pointing at where the rope is twisting the machine. Senku nods his head. "Yeah, it's the rope's tugged in the opposite direction. The rotation speed drops, which causes it to clump up" he said. They all start discussing what should we do about the speed.

"Couldn't we just make a gear?" I said. Senku turns to look at me for a few seconds, trying to think about it. Chrome turn to look at me. "What's a gear?" He said. Senku grins at me.

"Yeah! That's just what we need. 10 billion points for you, Y/N!" He said, wrapping his arms around me and kisses my cheek. I blush at his sudden move. "Easy there..." I said, pulling him off. He let out a chuckle and wrap an arm around my shoulder. He turns to look at Chrome.

"It's a bit of work, but super craftsman like Kaseki-sama can pull it off" he said. He turns around and notice Kohaku's shield laying around on the ground. He unwrap his arm from my shoulder and grabs it. "Kohaku's shield, just when we need it! It's 10 billion percent the right shape for a gear" he said. I smile at his excitement.

"You're using that?" Old man Kaseki said. "Didn't the village chief give that to his daughter Kohaku-Chan to celebrate his victory?" Ginro said. Kokuyo seems to start recalling the day. He have tears in his eyes.

"Well... I don't mind. But, it means a lot to Kohaku, since she receive it from her father. So I don't know what she would say" Kokuyo said. "Nah, I don't mind at all" Kohaku said, without hesitation. Kokuyo turns to her with tears in his eyes. "Practically first..." she added.

"So savage..." Chrome said. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "Yeah. Tell me about it..." I said. We start to work on the gear, since Kohaku didn't mind using her shield.

A Few Hours Later

Ginro is currently spinning the newly acquired gear. "This is amazing! It's so easy! I only have to go on one direction, and I can go slowly! I can keep going forever on my own!" He said, gleefully. I can hear someone murmuring. I turn my head to see Chrome muttering to himself. He seem to be running his brain for ideas.

"Holy crap!! I have an idea!" He said. He walks up to old man Kaseki and grabs his hands. "This is gonna rock!" He said, as he starts to drag old man Kaseki along.

"What's gotten into you?!" Old man Kaseki said. Chrome squad down and whispers something to his ear. Old man Kaseki got to hyped up that he send a strong energy, knocking the rest of us down. "Right! Let's haul ass!" Hs said. I rub my back because I just fell down after he got hyped up.

"That's suspicious... what's Chrome up to?" Kohaku said. I move to stand up and cross my arms. "That was so random though..." I said. Senku let out a soft chuckle and ruffles my hair.

"Ideas always comes randomly, Y/N" He said. "Oh... right. My bad" I said, laughing nervously. I turn to look at where old man Kaseki and Chrome heads off to.

"I'm kinda curious what they're up to..." I said. I was about to take a step forward, when a hand grab me by my hoodie, preventing me from walking. I turn my head to see it's Gen.

He have a wide smile on his face. "When a boy's up to mischief, you're not suppose to look until he's done" Gen said, jokingly. I let out a huff and nod my head.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait. I'll just help Senku with the next step. We're going to make some wire, now that we know what's wrong with the cotton candy machine.

"We don't have time to be worrying about him. You're all in for hellish work..." I turn to Senku as he starts to demonstrate on how to make the golden threat, which will be the wire.

"We twist the golden threads together into a super thin wire that we'll work into a coil" he said. Kohaku walks forward. "And how long do we have to make it?" Kohaku said.

"I'd say... from this point..." he said, pointing at the ground where he's standing. Then he points at the mountain. "To the mountain!" He said. Everyone's jaw dropped at what he said. Yeah... a hellish work indeed.

*to be continued*