Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

Aside from Kinro. Kohaku is another one that stand a chance against Magma. Now that she left. Our only hope would be Kinro. This is bad... let's hope we can still pull this off. If we lose, we won't be able to save Ruri from her sickness. Which will cause so many problems. Kohaku... you better return fast.

-Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

Kinro and Magma stands in front of each other. They will be start the battle soon. I stand next to Senku as I watch nervously. Knowing Magma, he only relies on brute force.

The battle begins. Kinro's strength and speed easily matches Magma's. I can tell Magma is annoyed by that and take a step backward. That's when I notice Kinro's eyes. They're squinting, letting me know that he's nearsighted.

Chrome turns his head and notice Mantle, trying to throw rocks at Kinro. "Oi, Mantle!" He said. Mantle got startled and pretend to click the rocks as a cheer. I hear something falling and turn my head to see Senku emptying his clothes which is filled with a lot of items, probably to throw them.

"Senku..." I said. He turns to me and let out a laugh. I let out a sigh and shake my head at the way my boyfriend is acting. This guy... seriously.

Magma suddenly took a step backward, putting a fair distance between himself and Kinro. Kinro's eyes keep squinting. "Senku... this is bad.." I said. He turn to look at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "I think Kinro have bad eye-sight..." I said. His eyes widened slightly. I turn my head and notice Suika. She jumps from the pole and lands next to us.

"I think Kinro have the fuzzy sickness in his eyes. I can tell because I have it too" she said. I nod my head. "Yeah... I'm well aware about" I said. I turn my head to see Kinro getting hit by Magma. I wince at the sight, because that was a direct hit.

Suika rushes to the building where Ruri and his father is. She starts spinning around and jumps down the stairs. She throws her mask into the air.

"Kinro!! It's the eyes of science!" She yelled. Kinro quickly puts it on. I can instantly tell now that he can see a lot clearer, he can win against Magma in power and speed with ease.

Magma decides to play dirty, knowing Kinro values the rules. When Kinro have his back turned. Magma snuck up behind him and hit his head. I clenched my hands angrily. That dirty guy!

Next match will be Chrome VS Mantle. They fight for a while, until Mantle put up an act and fall. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. Until I realize it's Kohaku and Senku's turn.

I slip my hand in Senku's, feeling worried because Kohaku isn't here yet. In the end, Kohaku didn't make it in time. She instantly gets disqualified. Senku came out as a winner, because of this.

Now it's Ginro VS Argo. Ginro looks nervous and walks forward. "Do you wonder what I've been keeping inside my mouth this whole time??" He said.

I realize he didn't swallow any of the ingredients that he ate earlier. He's keeping it for his turn. I watch as his face suddenly starts to contort weirdly. He turns around and starts running away.

"From how much he ate... it only makes sense that he will start getting stomachache..." Chrome said. I froze when I realize. If Ginro can't fight right now, he'd be disqualified. Without Kohaku and Kinro, they won't win.

"Winner-" Jasper starts. "Wait!" I yelled out. He stops and turns to look at me. I let Senku's hand go and walks forward. I clench my hands in tight fists, my face shows determination.

"I'll fight in Ginro's place!" I said. I hear everyone lets out a gasp at what I just said. I feel a hand grab my arm and turns me around. I turn my head to see Senku.

"Just what do you think you're doing??" He said, placing his hands on my shoulders. "We have to win... it's the only way to save Ruri. I can do this..." I said. "But you'll get hurt, Y/N!" He said. I give him a reassuring smile.

"I'm going to be fine. Trust me.. you're the one who said we have to win even if it kills us..." I said. He shakes his head. "I don't mean it literally, Y/N!" He almost shouted, while shaking my shoulders.

I just smile at him and removes his hands from my shoulders. I turn around and walks forward. I ignore Senku's voice. I look over my shoulder to see Kohaku and Chrome holding him back. I smile softly at him and keeps walking.

"There's no rule saying you can't be replaced. So... I'm replacing Ginro..." I said. Jasper stares at me. He knew he have no choice but to let me fight. He let out a sigh and nod his head.

I turn around and face the man I'm going to fight. He have a well-build body. He have a short, wildly spike hair, a square jawline and a sharp cheekbone. All in all, he looks like a tough opponent. But I'm not going to back down.

I grab the weapon and stand on battle stance. I have to win. If I win... we'll seal the victory and Senku will get his hands on the alcohol to make the sulfa drugs for Ruri. Everyone plays a part, now it's my turn.

"I didn't expect my opponent to be a girl. A cute one too... it's a shame, why don't you just surrender and be with me instead?" He said, winking at me. I just cringe at what he said.

"Yeah... I'd rather not, thank you..." I said. He frown at what I said. "I really don't want to have to hurt you, just back down" he said. He's such a big mouth. I smirk at what he said.

"Sounds to me that you're scared. What use of your big muscles if you hesitate, hm? Won't it be an easy win if you fight me? Oh future chief?" I said, in a mocking voice. He growls angrily at me, which makes the smirk on my face widens.

He rushes towards me and swings his bamboo spear. I duck down and jab his stomach with mine. He take a few steps backward, looking like I've caught him off guard.

He let out a growl and starts to attack me rapidly. He manage to hit my head and cheek, which sends me stumbling on the ground. I wipe my the blood that starts to form on the wound on my cheek. My vision starts to blur because that was quite a hard hit. No... I'm not going to give up. I have to win this match to help Senku.

*to be continued*

A/N: yep... I changed the line a little. Instead of Ginro, it'll be Y/N fighting in his place. Do you think she'll be able to win? Stay tune~