Chapter 69

Previously on Chapter 68

Senku P.O.V

'Shit... all our chemicals' I thought to myself. I turn my head slightly to see Y/N tending to Ukyo. She chose to help him first. Seems like she still loves him. No... his injury are worst than mine. I need to stop thinking like this. I have to focus on the current battle.

-Final Battle: Part 2-

Y/N P.O.V

"Hey, Senku... Y/N..." I hear a familiar voice said. I turn my head to see Tsukasa standing on the top branch. I just glare at him angrily. He stares at me in amusement.

"I see you know Ukyo. I'm interested to know how... or are you the girl he's been talking about? He seem quite fond of you... I can see it in his eyes" he said, eyeing my hand who's still treating Ukyo's wound. I roll my eyes at what he said. I move my hand and let out a sigh of relief once I realize his bleeding have stopped.

"Don't act like you know everything..." I said. He just let out a short chuckle and turn to look at Senku. He stares at him with a cold gaze. "It's been a long, long battle, a whole year has passed. I'm sad to have to take your life twice, Senku..." he said. I stand up and rush to stand in front of Senku.

"Don't even think about it... one step closer to him will mean your funeral" I said, standing in front of Senku protectively. I take out my sword. "That's so cold of you... after I crawled my way out of hell to meet you.. by climbing up the stupidly thin thread that is science" Senku said, from behind me. Tsukasa just stare at us. Then he turns to look at Ukyo who stares at us in sadness.

"What is this... a love triangle? My my... I did not expect to see that in the stone world" he said. He sounded amused. I clench my hands around the katana's hilt.

"Don't worry! The US army will be here soon" I hear Gen's voice mimicking Lillian's. Everyone start to grow excited. Until Hyoga drops the cell phone on the ground, breaking it.

"That's a lie too. Enough with the charade. Come out, Gen-kun. Do you really think such a primitive phone could communicate with the US?" Hyoga said. Gen slowly comes out of the tank.

"It was a close call. But the battle has just been won" he said. "You lose, Senku-Kun, Y/N-Chan... I have a proposition. If you..." Hyoga said. "No, you don't have to tell us. You want science man Senku to die in exchange for the safety of everyone else" Senku said. Even though he's wearing a mask, I can tell that he's smirking. His eyes turns to look at me.

"Thank you for understanding. You are indeed on the ball. So do you still want to side them, Y/N-Chan? Come and join our side. It's your destiny to help us reset the world. By joining us... you're on the winning side" he said.

"No! Senku! Y/N! Don't! It's going to be the same as before! I can't let that happen again!" Taiju said. I watch as tears streams down his cheeks. Senku just snickers at what he said.

"Quit ugly-crying, you big oaf. How is it the same? Go pluck your eyeballs and wash them" he said. I just smile softly. "Yeah, Taiju... how is it the same? I have no secret anymore... so I'm free to do what I'm capable off and look around you. There's more of us now" I said.

"Yeah. You're right, Senku, Y/N" Kohaku said. "That's right! Your got another science man right here" Chrome said. "Yeah, of course. The condition of this war is that no one dies. Rules are rules" Kinro said. "That's why we trained so hard" Ginro said.

"Without question, Senku is our leader... and Y/N is our warrior. And our friends" Kokuyo said. Taiju is now assured. He let out a laugh. "You're right. It's nothing like last time! Sorry, Senku... Y/N" he said. I smirk and turn to look at Hyoga.

I spin my katana and holds it, blade pointed at him. "So thank you, Hyoga-Sensei. For exposing my true identity. Something I never had the courage to. But now that everyone knew who I was... and accepted me for who I am today. I have no reason to hold back anymore..." I said, smirking at him. I turn to look at Senku over my shoulder.

"Good luck, Senku..." I said, smiling softly at him. He nods his head. "Run, science users!!" He yelled. Chrome and Gen follows him. I turn to focus on the enemies in front of us.

I block the attacks here and there. I slash through their weapons. I jump out of the way as they try to attack my feet and slash their weapon. There's too many of them. Even though I used to battle against a lot of people. I'm not that person anymore.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Tsukasa runs towards the cave. I run over and jumps above his head. I land on my feet and turn to face him. Taiju stands next to me.

"You're not going to where Senku is!" He said. I nod my head in agreement. "Over my dead body!" I said. I notice Tsukasa is staring at the sky. I furrow my eyebrow and looks up to see a paper plane. I turn my head to see Senku crouching, letting me know that he's the one who throws it.

Senku let out a chuckle as he stands straight. "This isn't a battle between might and science, Tsukasa. Might IS science... it has about a hundred times the power of gunpowder. Do you know the Ancient Greek word for 'power'? It's Dynamite" he said. The paper plane hit the branch, and a loud explosion happens. I cover my face with my arm as there are dust everywhere.

"Wow..." I said. I let out a chuckle and turn to look at the enemy. I head inside the cave where Chrome is making more paper plane dynamite. I take out my throwing knifes. I wrap papers around it and drip some of the liquid on it.

"We made it just in time. You held up well, battle team" Senku said, chuckling softly. I walk out of the cave and stand next to him. "The kingdom of science has just completed dynamite!" Gen said, making me smirk.

"The dynamite have the power of ten megaton joules" Gen said. I turn to give him a straight face. "'Ten megaton joules' my ass, you liar" Senku said. Gen shush him.

"Shhh! Who cares about numbers! You're not the best at negotiating. You only ever say the truth, jeez!" Gen said. I let out a chuckle at what he said. That's Senku for you. The enemies aren't afraid because paper plane are slow and it'll never hit them.

"We have dynamite arrows, too. These are a little more accurate than plane dynamites" someone said. I turn my head to see Ukyo standing with his arrow loaded. I feel glad, knowing he's going to be okay. I smirk and turn to look at the enemy. I lift my hands, showing my throwing daggers.

"And dynamite daggers. If you know me... you'd know that I never missed..." I said, making their faces turns pale. Gen claps his hand happily. "The tides have turned! The war is over! That's it! The end!" Gen said. I just chuckle at what he said. We have won this battle. The Tsukasa empire have no choice but to surrender now.

*to be continued*