Chapter 33

Previously on Chapter 32

I wipe my tears and smile softly at them. They're right... I'm no longer an assassin. I'm free to choose what I want to be now, and I choose the Kingdom of Science and everyone in it.

-Quick Training Session-

Y/N P.O.V

We need a plan, because Hyoga and the others will definitely attacks us again. Senku assured us that they'll attack us during the storm, because the wind will prevent him from lighting up the fake rifles.

So we quickly devise a plan. Senku will be showing us how to create Japanese's strongest blade. The katanas. We quickly put the plan into action. Old man Kaseki is hyped up about making them.

There's a bamboo pole in front of me. Senku give me the newly forged katana. "Why don't you try it out?" He said. "I don't know..." I said, staring at the blade in his hand with hesitation. It's been a while since I last held a katana. Katana was the weapon I always used when I was on a mission to kill someone.

"It's okay, Y/N. You're not an assassin anymore. You won't hurt anyone..." Senku said, smiling softly at me. I take a deep breath and gently take the katana from him and walk towards bamboos. I lift my hand and slice it.

"Wow

"Wow... it's really sharp" I said, staring at the blade in amazement. I blink my eyes. I turn to look at Senku and grin.

"This will definitely win agains their weapons. But... it's Hyoga that I'm worried about..." I said, looking down. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Senku.

"Don't worry. Just teach us the fighting techniques!" He said. "Yes! Teach us, Y/N" Kohaku said. I look around to see everyone nodding their heads at me. I let out a sigh and smiles. "Alright!" I said. Everyone got their katanas.

I start by showing them how to properly hold the hilt of the katana. I walk towards them one by one, to make sure they all get it right. I move to stand in front of them.

"The most important thing to keep in mind. That your katana is the extension of the arm. You must feel some sort of connection with it... but be careful, you can not take back your attack. Once the damage is done, it can not be undone. So be careful to not accidentally cut off your limbs. You won't be able to grow them back" I said, staring at all of them with a deadly gaze. Their faces turns pale. I grin and let out a chuckle at their reactions.

"Senku... you're starting to rub off on her" Kohaku said. Senku let out a laugh and walks over to me. He wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Is that bad?" He said.

"Of course!! We don't need another Senku! Just one of you is too much to handle!" She said. I cover my mouth and let out a chuckle. I smile as Kohaku and Senku starts arguing back and forth about whether it's good for me to act like Senku or not.

I still can't believe that these people still accepts me, even after they found out that I was an ex-assassin. All of them... still considers me as one of them. Neither of them are scared of me. They trusts me.

***

It's currently night time. I couldn't sleep. So I just sit outside, staring at the sky above me. The shines of the stars and the moon are the only my source of light.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Senku. He walks over to me and take a seat next to me. I scoot closer to him and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I couldn't sleep..." I said. He wraps an arm around my shoulder. "You really shouldn't make this into a habit, Y/N... it's not good for your health" he said.

"I'm sorry. My mind just wont let me relax even if I wanted to. I just... I can't stop thinking about all the things that Hyoga said to me today. He's the type of person who'd do anything to get what he want. And he wants me to be an assassin again... I don't want that..." I said. My whole body starts to shake in fear at the thought that I have to kill people for his selfish deed again.

"Hey, I promise you. I won't let him get you again. I will protect you..." he said. I pull away and stare at him. "Hyoga is a monster... do you have a plan?" I asked. He smiles and nods his head. I just give him a weak smile.

"Senku... I'm sorry I lied to you. I kept saying that I learned everything from hunting with my dad. But in reality, it was all Hyoga... he taught me how to use martial arts... everything. All that so he could turn me into a killing machine..." I said. He nods his head.

"You don't have to explain... I understand. You're scared. It's easier to ignore, and to think of it in a different way for it to be less painful" he said. I just look down. Senku is being so understanding with me. He gently cups my cheeks and wipe away the tears in my eyes.

"I love you, Y/N. No matter what happens" he said. I smile softly at him. "I love you too, Senku..." I said. He leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

I move my body to lay down on the ground, with Senku hovering above me without breaking a kiss. I move my hand down, running on his chest while the other one is still around his neck.

He pulls away from the kiss and smiles at me. "That was the longest kiss we shared..." he said. I blush at what he said. He moves to lay down next to me and pulls me closer to his side. I lean my head against his chest. I let out a content hum as Senku caresses my hair.

"Try to get some sleep..." he said. I pull away and look at him. "Out here?" I said. He nods his head. "Don't worry... if you fell asleep, I'll carry you. I'm the chief now, remember? I can stay inside the village" he said. "Right..." I said. He chuckles and place a soft kiss on my forehead. He tightens his arms around me. I snuggle closer to his side and closes my eyes.

The sound of his heartbeat soothes me. I start to feel sleepy. I blink a few times, each one makes my eyelids becomes heavier than before. So I just close them and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*