Chapter 84

Previously on Chapter 83

Gen offers the card to him. He walks towards Gen and take a deep breath. He pulls out the card and grin happily when he succeeded in pulling out the joker. So it's settled, the one going on the air balloon will be Chrome, Senku and Ryusui.

-Temporary Seperation-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku, Chrome and Ryusui will be flying today. It'll be the first time we'll be separated. But he said it's for the best, because I'm still recovering.

Senku places his hands on my shoulders. "Take care, Y/N..." he said. I frown at what he said. "Shouldn't I be the one to say that? You're the one flying... and we both know how dangerous that is. Be careful, okay?" I said. He wraps his arms around me, hugging me close. I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Senku..." I said. He gently runs his hand through my hair. "I love you too, love" he said. He pulls away slightly and leans down to place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

He pulls away and place another soft kiss on my forehead. "Me, Chrome and Ryusui will be going to the village by the air balloon. While you and the rest of the villagers by land. So, it's going to take us a few days to meet again" he said. I smile and nod my head.

"I'll miss you..." I said, pouting at him. He let out a chuckle and nudge his nose against mine. "I know, love... I'll miss you too" he said. I place my chin on his shoulder as I hug him tightly. He gives me a gentle squeeze, trying to reassure me that he's going to be fine.

"Ahem!! Can we go now!!" Chrome whined. I let out a giggle and pulls away from the hug. Senku turns to him with an annoyed expression. I give his chest a gentle pat, as if saying 'calm down.' He let out a sigh and smiles at me.

"See you in a few days..." he said. I nod my head. "Yeah, see you soon, Senku" I said. He gives me a quick kiss and turns around. He get inside the air balloon. Chrome let out an excited yell as the air balloon starts floating.

I wave at Senku as the air balloon starts flying up to the sky. I really hope that he's going to be alright. I know all the danger there are in the sky. How the air balloon can be fragile. God... please protect my dear husband.

***

It's been approximately a 3 hours since Senku left on the air balloon. I'm helping the villagers pack the stuff, so we can hurry up and return to the village. I wonder how Senku is doing in the sky.

I feel a slight changes in the air. I turn my head to look into the distance. I stand straight and place my hand on my chest. I can feel worry growing within my chest.

"Is there something wrong, Y/N?" Yuzuriha asked me. I turn to look at her. "The sky... and the air. It gives me a bad feeling. I'm worried about Senku..." I said, frowning. She walks over to me and places her hands on my shoulder.

"I'm sure your husband is fine, Y/N. Don't worry..." she said. I just give her a small smile. "Yeah... I sure hope so..." I said. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

"Maybe you should play some music?" She said. I smile and nod my head. "Yeah, you're right" I said. Suika rushes over to me, handing me my guitar. She looks so eager for me to sing.

"Everyone! Y/N-Nee is going to play music!!" She yelled out, grabbing everyone's attention. I blush in embarrassment at what she did. Damn... what a way to make me feel so nervous.

"Calm down, Y/N... come on!" Yuzuriha said. I just smiles at her and nod my head. I start to play a soft tune and start to play.

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

Everyone starts clapping their hands after I stopped singing. I smile shyly and bow at them. They cheer louder in excitement. I let out a nervous laugh and rub the back of my neck.

Time-skip

2 days have passed. Right now, it's night time. I sit by the phone, waiting for a call from Senku. He should be arriving at the village any time now. So here I am. I want to make sure that he's doing fine.

The phone starts to ring. I quickly pick it up. "Hello, Senku?" I said. "Y/N..." he said, making a wide grin appear on my face. "Senku! Oh thank God. Are you okay?? I can feel a weird changes on the air. Did you get caught by a storm??" I said. I can hear a chuckle from his side.

"Calm down, Y/N. Yeah... I'm fine. Also, to be honest with you. Yeah, we did get caught in the storm. But we manage to make it out alive. But don't worry, Y/N. We're okay" he said. I let out a sigh of relief. Even though hearing him get caught in the storm makes me feel worried and panicked.

"Thank God you're alright, Senku. I'm so worried... I don't know what I would do if something happen to you..." I said, my voice cracking a little. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Y/N... don't cry. God... I wish you're close to me. So I can give you comfort. Please don't cry, Y/N... love" he said. I can hear panic in his voice. I wipe my tears and try to stop myself from crying.

"Sorry... I was just scared to lose you..." I said. "But you didn't. I'm still here... we made it safely to the Ishigami Village, and in a couple of days... you will be here too... and I'll welcome you with a warm hug" he said. I smile as I move to lay on the ground.

"I'd love that, Senku..." I said. "I don't have to see your face to know you're smiling..." he said. I blush at what he said. "No I don't..." I said. "Yeah right..."he said, teasingly.

"It's night... go to sleep. You're still recovering, Y/N. So you need to have a good rest" he said. "Okay..." I said. "Goodnight, love. I love you, so much" he said. I close my eyes and smiles. "I love you too, Senku..." I said. I yawn softly and make myself comfortable, and slowly drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*