Chapter 48

Previously on Chapter 47

"Y/N is my wife. Of course I'd agree with her. What do you expect, teme?" He said. I let out a chuckle at what he said. They start to continue on gathering the minerals. I lean my back against the wall. At least, we already found what we need to make the filament for our cell phone. I'm so glad.

-Surprise-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku and Chrome are both having the time of their lives. They look so happy and excited at the amount of minerals we're able to find. But of course, Magma is annoyed. But that's to be expected because he is clueless of what each minerals are worth for.

"Look, manganese! Manganese that are used for manganese batteries!" Senku said, showing me the minerals. I smile and claps my hands happily for him.

"Copper pyrite! Sphalerite!" He said. I let out a soft giggle. He's acting like a kid taken to a toy shop. But then again... this is basically his playground. I turn to look at Magma as he starts to grow impatient.

"They're just rocks! Are you done yet?! The sun's going to set!" Magma said. "How did you even... never mind..." I said. Magma keeps trying to get the two guys to get it over with.

"We're heading back!" Magma said. Chrome and Senku whines at what he said. "Oh, come on! Just a little longer!" Chrome said. "Yeah! We found a mountain of treasure!" Senku said. "Whats the rush anyway? Let them have some fun" I said. Magma just ignores me and kicks the guys of their feet.

"You little twigs aren't going to carry all that anyway! Hurry up!" He said. Senku grumbles and walks over to me. He gently grabs my arm and sling it around his shoulder. We slowly make our way out of the cave.

***

We are making our way back to the village. Magma suddenly tied a blindfold around Senku's eyes. He picks him up, which makes me stumble. Chrome is quick to catch me before I fall over. I watch as Magma carry Senku and runs off.

"Where are you taking Senku? Hey!!" Chrome said. "He's lucky my foot got sprained... or I'll beat the hell outta him!" I said. Chrome turns to look at me with a pale face.

"You're scary sometimes... you know that, right?" He said. I roll my eyes. "Whatever... let's just hurry up" I said. He nods his head and squad down in front of me.

"Come on... I'll just carry you. It'll be a lot faster" he said. I wrap my arms around his neck. He place his hands behind my knees, giving me a piggy back. He starts to run towards the village.

A While Later

We manage to catch up with Magma who just reach the village. "What the hell is going on anyway, Gen? Wait... what's-" I said. But I got cut off as he covers my mouth. "Shh... it's a surprise for your husband. Just play along, okay?" He said. I just nod my head at what he said.

We are now gathering inside a room. Senku stands in the middle, with his eyes still covered in blindfold. While everyone is surrounding him, including me. Chrome is helping me stand straight.

"Senku-Chan... welcome back" Gen said. "Don't bother trying to call out for help, Senku. We're all working for Gen" Kohaku said. Senku let out a soft chuckle.

"So you bastards finally figured out the hack, huh? All you need to do is hand science and my head over to Tsukasa, and the village is safe. It's perfectly logical. But please do me a favor. Keep Y/N out of this, and take care of her for me" Senku said, the last part in a soft voice... as if he's worried about my well-being. I raise an eyebrow.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but..." Gen said. He gestures Kohaku to open the blindfold for Senku. She walks over and gently take the blindfold off. He opens his eyes and froze for a moment. He lift his head slightly to realize what it is.

"An Astronomy telescope or rather, an observatory" he said. I finally let out a soft giggle. He turns his head and notices me. "Y/N..." he said, sounded so relieved. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me out of Chrome's support.

"God... I'm so scared. I thought something's going to happen to you. I don't care whatever happen to me. Just as long as you're safe. I'll be fine" he said. I just smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry, Senku... Gen made me play along" I said. Gen let out a chuckle at what I said.

"Well, I'm not so surprised... damn you, mentalist" Senku said, pulling away from me. Gen just laugh at what he said.

"January fourth... rock day" Kaseki said. "I heard it's your birthday, Senku. We all got you a gift" Kohaku said. I smile and gently turn Senku's head to look at me.

"Happy birthday, Senku" I said. He smiles and cups cheeks. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. I let out a squeak and gently push him. "There's a lot of people here!" I said. He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't care..." he said, making me roll my eyes. He chuckles and pulls me closer.

He pulls away and walks towards the telescope. He smiles as he place a hand on the telescope. "Hang on, Senku! Are you moved for the first time in forever? You can cry, you know? You don't need to hold it in. Go on! Go on! Go on!" Ginro said, in a teasing voice.

"You're so low, Ginro!" Kinro scolded his brother. I just laugh softly. Senku just grins and leans down to see through the telescope. "Good job, everyone! This is extremely practical! We can use it on our watch-tower against Tsukasa!" He said. Yep... that's more like Senku. He's not the type to get all mushy and sad.

"Your feedback's as rational as ever..." Gen said. I shake my head and laughs softly. I turn to look at him. "He's happy alright... he's just not like most people. He's not the type to get all teary eyed..." I said. Senku turns to look at me and smiles softly. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You're the only one who gets to witness these eyes shed tears... and I'm planning on keeping that way. Because you're precious to me, Y/N" he whispers. I smile and kisses his cheek. He leans his forehead against mine.

He pulls away and turn to look at the telescope again. "A guy doesn't bother bringing up his own birthday. How did you know it was today?" He said, without turning his head, but I know he's directing it to Gen. Gen just grins at him.

"Oh... so you used a leading question on me" he said. Gen just grins at him. "Impressive. As expected from a mentalist" I said. "Still, you couldn't have figured it out if you didn't know when I revived" Senku said.

"Don't you remember? You wrote the day your petrification was undone... by the miracle cave, as soon as you woke up..." he said. Senku turns to look at him with a surprised expression.

"Come to think of it... I've been rather fond of you, Senku-Chan, setting aside personal gains. I'm sure it's the same for the other villagers. You might say that's cringy, tough" Gen said. Senku gently holds my hand and looks out the tower.

"Yeah... that's cringey..." he said. I let out a giggle and place my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, placing a kiss on the side of my head.

I wrap my arms around his torso, leaning my head on his chest. "I love you, Senku... I'm sorry I have no gift for you..." I said. He tighten his arms around me. "I love you too, Y/N... and it's fine. I'm not expecting to have any celebration anyway. Just stay by my side. It's all I could ask for" he said. I pull away slightly to look at him.

He turns to the others and clears his throat. They got his point and quickly leave the two of us alone. I let out a chuckle at their quick reflect to realize what he meant.

"Now it's just us... so it's fine now, right?" He said. I raise an eyebrow at what he said. "What do you m-" I said, but gets cut off as Senku place a soft kiss on my lips.

I let out a yelp at his sudden move. But I smile into the kiss and kisses him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He tightens his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

*to be continued*